Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Official Music Thread

meganward04

[101]Jul 25, 2006
    • level: 9
    yeah really. I would so buy one. Some songs are kinda old well old to me and they just give it another beat and its like wow that sounds really cool.
    megan
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

emeraldeyez70

[102]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    Does anyone know the song they are using to promote the 4th season starting in september?

Carol

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[103]Aug 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    "Strict Machine" by Goldfrapp

randan02

[104]Aug 26, 2006
    Hi, does anyone know the name of the song playing when Christian and Liz are examining Ellie Collin's nose, just before surgery? The episode is Kurt Dempsey from season 1 episode 5. I've watched that scene repeatedly trying to make out the words.

tjaman

[105]Aug 26, 2006
    • level: 32
    It's not one of the ones listed in the episode guide?

philitup23

[106]Sep 13, 2006
    • level: 5
    any way we can bring this thread back??

JaceJones

[107]Sep 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    I dunno

Avalon95

[108]Sep 20, 2006

Hi Everyone...I'm Back. Here are the music listings for the last three episodes of Season 4:

“Cindy Plumb”: (Episode 1)

“Boogie Oogie Oogie” - A Taste of Honey – Christian and Sean operate on a couple in their 50’s, celebrate in upscale bar

“Love Is In The Air” - John Paul Young – Christian has  ménage a trois, Sean tries to make love to Julia

“Notas” - Gotan Project – Christian has post-coitus argument with Riley and Jill White

“You Sexy Thing” - Hot Chocolate – Sean performs larynx surgery on Cindy Plumb

“Diferente” - Gotan Project – Christian performs a testicular implant procedure

“Tired of Being Alone” - Al Green – Christian has sex with his shrink, boys sign away the practice

Blu Mondae: (Episode 2)

“Hot Child In The City” - Nick Gilder – Christian meets Blu and she complains about the size of her breasts.

“Lunatico” - Gotan Project – Blue tries to convince Christian to give her a breast reduction

“Curley Shirley” - Sean meets Alex at the coffee shop (library music)

“This Is Miami” - Sander Kleinenberg – Matt runs into Kimber at the gym

“U Gat Me” - Matt runs into Kimber at the gym (library music)

“Super Minx” - Kimber tells Matt about Scientology (library music)

“Shame” - Evelyn Champagne – Christian takes Mitchell to a strip club to convince him that he’s not gay

“Laid” - Memento Mori – Christian buys Mitchell a lap dance from Blu

“Hot Child In The City” - Nick Gilder – Christian gets a lap dance from Blu

Monica Wilder: (Episode 3)

“He’s The Greatest Dancer” – Sister Sledge – Sean/Christian show off their new cars - Sean gives Christian a beeper

“Let’s Go” – Jason Creasy – Christian works out at the gym (library music)

“Le Freak” – Chic – Christian sees Matt at the gym - Matt won’t let him back in his life

“Little Terror” – Christian sees the sex video of him online (library music)

“Wonderwall” – Oasis – Sean drives Monica back to her hotel - cheats on Julia

Cheers~

Avalon

tjaman

[109]Sep 20, 2006
    Oh, you so freeqin' rawk, Avalon! Welcome back!

JaceJones

[110]Sep 20, 2006
    What a great guy!

Avalon95

[111]Sep 20, 2006

What a great guy!

Gal (thanks)...also for those that haven't seen my posts from previous seasons...I'm the 'exclusive' music conduit for all via PJ Bloom that is the spectacular (and best ever IMO) music supervisor for N/T and provides the incredible clips you hear on N/T.

Keep listening!

Cheers~

Avalon

laneyparker

[113]Sep 20, 2006
    • level: 2

Avalon95 wrote:
    While I'm at it...here's 3x01-04: “Mama Boone”: (Episode 1) Instrumental – James S. Levine {Original Composition} - (Christian’s ‘dreamed funeral’) Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (Jude & Julia have sex) Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (Christian returns to his apartment for the first time) “Stuck in the Middle With You” – Stealers Wheel - (Sean performs silicone replacement surgery) Instrumental/Score – Original Composition - (‘Flipped’ scenes between Christian proposing to Kimber/Kimber’s turn down segueing to Sean refusing to sign Julia’s divorce papers/Julia leaves) “Dance Me to the End of Love” – Madeleine Peyroux - (Momma Boone’s wall at her house torn down/ removed from house) “Any Day Now” – Elbow - (Momma Boone’s initial surgical procedure with Christian/Sean/Liz) “I’ll Look Around” – Madeleine Peyroux - (Sean/Christian/Liz ‘meet’ to discuss next steps for Momma Boone’s surgery segue to Momma Boone flat lining/dies) “Love’s Almighty” – Telepopmuzik - (Kit questions Christian further at his apartment about his ‘Carver’ attack) “Last Train to Whenever” – Telepopmuzik - (Kit’s ‘reenactment’ of Christian’s ‘Carver’ attack/have sex) “Inside and Out” – Feist - (Christian/Kit/Kimber’s 3-way) “Kiki”: (Episode 2) Instrumental/Score - (Matt’s questioning at police station w/Sean/Julia/detective post-discovery of Adrian’s body at Ava’s) “The Tracks of My Tears” – Smokey Robinson & The Miracles (Marlin’s laser surgical removal of ‘tear’ tattoos w/Quentin & Sean segue to Kiki’s scar removal w/Christian & Liz) “Sick Like Me” – T. Raumschmiere - (Julia finds ‘book’ in Matt’s bedroom) “If You Want It” – Scream Club {NOTE – this audio was tied to a video clip used in the same scene} - (Matt smoking pot/Erica joins in/discuss Ava situation & Matt’s relationship with her) “Strawberry Letter #23” – The Brothers Johnson - (Matt at club imagining Ava speaking to him) “Since I Fell For You” – Nina Simone - (Matt at ‘pick up’ from club ‘Cherry’s’ apartment/making out/ segue to Matt beating ‘Cherry’ up) “World of Pain” – Shaper - (Matt shaving head/Sean enters/questions knuckle damage and suggests therapy) “Swan Lake” – Tchaikovsky {Played by The Royal Philharmonic} - (Christian/Sean argue during bottom-lipo surgery/Liz interrupts notifying Christian that Kumba killed Kiki post-surgery/recovery) “Makambo” – Geoffrey Oryema (‘Cherry’ with ‘gang’ chases Matt/gang members chase Marlon segue to simultaneous beatings of both) “Derek, Alex & Gary”: (Episode 3) “All We Are” – Fischerspooner - (Christian/Quentin at Christian’s former fraternity house to ‘aid’ Derek/Alex/Gary – sign client agreements to perform surgery) “Stuck On You” – Elvis Presley (Christian/Quentin perform ‘separation’ of Derek/Alex/Gary at fraternity house) “What’s Rally Goin’ On” – Marz - (Sean/Quentin arrive at ‘bracelet’ frat party) “Release” – Timo Maas - (Sean meets Amber at frat party/doing shots/dancing) “4 Ur Ears” – Timo Maas - (Sean/Amber make out in other room/gives Sean blowjob – Quentin enters and ‘watches’/'winks' as Sean is ‘serviced’ – Sean leaves) “Stuck On You” – Lionel Richie – (Christian/Quentin perform Derek Jordan’s ass-grafting/repair surgery) “Chunga’s Revenge” – Gotan Project {this is a Frank Zappa cover} - (Christian/Kimber/Kit/Quentin at dinner – Kit ‘offers’ up 4-way/Kimber agrees) “Wait (The Whisper Song)” – Ying Yang Twins – (4-way with Christian/Kimber/Kit/Quentin) “Rhea Reynolds”: (Episode 4) Instrumental/Score – (Sean confronts Matt about restraining order at Julia’s apartment) “Ride the Pain” – Juliet (Sean/Christian's repair surgery of 'cutter' patient/Quentin informs both about new 'carver' victim booked segue to Christian reflecting on the news in his office) Instrumental/Score – (Sean’s ‘examination’ of Christian) “Those Were the Days” – Susan Lainey (Sean's pre-surgery facial 'mapping' with Ellie Hartness flipping to her actual surgery sequences) Instrumental/Score – (Annie and Sean's interviews by child services) “A Cry For Love” – The Black Heart Procession (Rhea Reynolds' semi-conscious 'supposed' 'Carver' attack repair surgery with Christian and Quentin) “Numb” – Sia (Sean selects knife and later cuts himself/Liz puts Christian 'under' - segue to Ellie with Carl and his new 'girlfriend' Trudy/Rhea attacked by the "real" 'Carver')

You ARE awesome!  Thanks.

JaceJones

[114]Sep 21, 2006
    Well, gal is what I meant to say.
    Edited on 09/21/2006 7:01am

Avalon95

[115]Sep 27, 2006

Shari Noble: (Episode 4)

“Domingo” - ­Gotan Project - Christian and Michelle have drinks/Christian
    puts the moves on her and gets slapped

“Heaven” – Bittersweet - Liz and Christian plan a night out over surgery

“The Mating Game” - Bittersweet ­ - Christian tries to show Liz the moves and
    gets rejected

“Marian” - Nouvelle Vague - Liz gets seduced by a woman she brought home
    from the bar

“Brother Louie” ­- The Stories ­- Michelle joins Christian in operating on
    Analise

“Obsession” ­- Anamotion - Seans dream sequence with Escobar, Monica,
    Julia, and Megan

Cheers~

Avalon

Avalon95

[116]Sep 27, 2006

Music 4x04 Posted above...

Avalon~

tjaman

[117]Sep 27, 2006
    Thanks, Avalon!

Avalon95

[118]Oct 4, 2006

Dawn Budge: (Episode 5)

"Money, That's What I Want" - The Flying Lizards - Dawn gets prepped for
    surgery

"Arrabal" - Gotan Project - Christian comes to an understanding with James
    over Michelle

"Mes Vacanes A Rio" - Rinocerose - Dawn shows up at Christian's apartment/
     discuss her loss of Dwight

"Dawn (Go Away)" - The Four Seasons - Dawn solves Christian's money problems/ have sex

"Gimme Shelter" - The Rolling Stones - Michelle picks up a lonely business
    man at a hotel bar

Cheers~

Avalon

tjaman

[119]Oct 4, 2006
    That was a wild cover of "Money, That's What I Want."

Thanks again, Av!

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[120]Oct 10, 2006
    Hmmm... I sense a whole Gotan Project theme going on with Christian. There been a Gotan Project song playing during a Christian scene every episode this season other than one.