Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Plane Crash in Season 3

juliebirish

[1]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 1
    I have been catching my friend up on N/T anyway we just finished the third season and I still can't figure out is Erica really dead and Julia was imagining her in her living room or was she really there? Erica has only been mentioned once after and that was when Matt gave Ariel a card for a shrink that specializes inteen identity issues, but that could have been given to Matt for his own use after the whole Eva thing. Please help I am so confused.
    Edited on 11/29/2007 4:39pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

supershorteee

[2]Nov 29, 2007
    • level: 2

Erica is still alive.

I guess enough is said lol . :]

dyle123

[3]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 26
    The person Julia killed was all burnt and disfigured, so I guess there was a mistake made and it wasn't really her mother, which means Julie wrongly killed an innocent person!

That's why it was so shocking when she got home and her mother was there waiting for her, and she said she got an earlier flight or something!

tjaman

[4]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 32
    Erm, the person Julia euthanized had third-degree burns over 70 percent of her body.

I'm reasonably certain she was grateful.

crimsonmiss

[5]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 3

dyle123 wrote:
    The person Julia killed was all burnt and disfigured, so I guess there was a mistake made and it wasn't really her mother, which means Julie wrongly killed an innocent person! That's why it was so shocking when she got home and her mother was there waiting for her, and she said she got an earlier flight or something!
    Yeah, she certainly didn't kill the person she thought she was killing. Oops! I can understand that the woman would have died anyway. She may not have been in very much pain. The extent of burning may have effectively destroyed alot of her nerves hence decreasing the ability to feel pain. However, withdrawing medical care is usually a family decision. And I don't think euthanasia (actively causing death) is legal in most states.....breaking the law! breaking the law! Such a juicy moral quandary. I love this show.

tjaman

[6]Dec 1, 2007
    Julia's medical training did save other people's lives and she was available to talk to people who needed comforting. She wasn't just some cold-hearted avenger of childhood wrongs. And physical pain or not, that woman was not in a good situation, and she had been triaged into the "nothing we can do" pile.

I couldn't believe she was even still alive when she drew that scary-ass breath.

And from Julia's perspective, she was at that moment the closest family that person had, in that she had reason to believe it was her mother.

Also, sorry, but Julia with a pillow or airline with a plane crash -- who's exposed for bucketloads more damages here?

Meh, they wrote this so that people with strong views one way or t'other would never agree. All I can say is that if I were in a jury and Julia was brought up for it, personally, I'd vote to acquit, based on what facts would be brought into evidence.

Edited on 12/01/2007 9:09pm
    Edited 2 total times.

crimsonmiss

[7]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 3
    tjaman wrote:
    Julia's medical training did save other people's lives and she was available to talk to people who needed comforting. She wasn't just some cold-hearted avenger of childhood wrongs. And physical pain or not, that woman was not in a good situation, and she had been triaged into the "nothing we can do" pile.

I couldn't believe she was even still alive when she drew that scary-ass breath.

And from Julia's perspective, she was at that moment the closest family that person had, in that she had reason to believe it was her mother.

Also, sorry, but Julia with a pillow or airline with a plane crash -- who's exposed for bucketloads more damages here?

Meh, they wrote this so that people with strong views one way or t'other would never agree. All I can say is that if I were in a jury and Julia was brought up for it, personally, I'd vote to acquit, based on what facts would be brought into evidence.

I'm not saying I want her in jail for doing it, or even that she's evil for doing it...but do you think she would have done it if she knew that the person wasn't her mother?

Ezifzt

[8]Dec 1, 2007
    • level: 8

that's a toughie

Personally I think she killed "Erica" to sort of get over a personal obstacle and to relieve her own mom's pain.

If she knew that person wasn't her mom, she would have most likely tried to get soem pain killers for the woman.

tjaman

[9]Dec 2, 2007
    Probably not, since it is, as you said, a family decision. She'd have probably attached a morphine drip and let her die on her own, since that's where things were heading.

Grammaton-Cleric

[10]Dec 6, 2007
    • level: 4

The problem is, Julia didn't kill her "mother" to end her pain. She killed her because she wanted her mother gone from her life.

The fact that she killed the wrong person only compounds the crime. Unfortunately, the show never returns to addressthis interesting twist.

Maybe because the character of Julia is such an egocentric **** the writers figured she had gotten over it.

slavinator26

[11]Dec 13, 2007
    • level: 10
    I personally got a different standpoint from the episode, i believe that Julia's desire to rid her life of her mother led her to "hallucinate" the dead woman rising,and therefore she didn't "actually" kill anyone in reality...just my thought though