Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

RECONCILIATION: Even the sliced n' diced can heal and Carvers can be forgiven.

quantumcat2

[1]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 6
    Let's March forward with a discussion of how anyone and anything can be forgiven if folks put a little love and good sense into practice.

After that,maybe some other series related issues could get talked about.

There's lots of old and new material to get Brilliant Insights about-and plenty of clever people to chat about them.

C'mon. We can't be afraid to just come in and TALK-can we?

This is a perfect time of year and a perfect series for the topic of change,restoration and renewal.

With a little repentance and a willingness to make a new beginning, anyone (let's say a man and a woman who hurt people out of their own pain) can make a fresh start and learn why they were liked and trusted in the first place.

What do y'all think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

groumph

[2]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 3
    Hiya there quantumcat2

Interresting subject to start a new thread + it's kind of Nip/Tuck related (isn't it????) so it has some chances of staying up a little longer than our now defunct "Official Off Topic Thread" (may it rest in peace).

So I would say yes. And no. And then maybe. What was the question again???

Seriously I don't know about forgiving the Carver. I mean come on, that was a really bad guy. I am just cringing at the thought of him mixing some pepsi with his Rioja red wine to make calimucho in Malaga. Eeewww.

But I guess you're right, if one want to be forgiven when one screw up, one must learn to forgive others first (humm almost sounds yoda-like)...

On that note, I'd like to ask my little sister to forgive for all the time when I ate her candy back in the old days... I'm sorry and won't do it again

quantumcat2

[3]Mar 3, 2006
    If only the Carver could be that grown up!

Thanks,g....

tjaman

[4]Mar 3, 2006
    • level: 32
    Despite it's never being made official, Beef pointed out once that he, dez and I were here enough and in general helpful enough to form a solid core to sort of maintain a kind of order around here when the show was going.

This worked mostly because we mostly got along -- great show, great discussions, common cause and all.

It broke down a little when feelings got hurt, probably on both sides, through the difficulty of gauging what's being said in jest and what's meant to be genuinely hurtful in a text environment. Trust was bruised and retreats were made. Completely understandable.

Doesn't change the fact that if we were all watching the show and talking about it, we would be doing so with affection and enthusiasm.

I completely get anyone wanting to let this board hibernate til S4.

But if anyone wants to remember what brought us all here in the first place ...

Anyone wanting to try setting a time and a place to pop in an episode of N/T to tide us over until the Dawning of the New Age ...

I know I'd be interested in taking part.

Sharing joy, sharing memories, maybe even ... building a little reconciliation.

quantumcat2

[5]Mar 4, 2006
    That'd be great,tj.

We could watch taped shows and maybe highlight some of the
    best of former posts.

That could bring newcomers up to speed and would fit with the
    time honored tradition of the rerun.

Either way,a hiatus does NOT equal cancellation-not when there
    are still interested,creative people to keep a good thing going.

dezigner4web

[6]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 17
    Beef --
    I would like to publicly offer my hand extend in a firm handshake of friendship.

Let's put any messiness behind us. Friends?

tjaman

[7]Mar 4, 2006
    I'd be open to Thursday nights in a month or so. Our current rehearsal schedule is a killer, and there's just way too much on the other nights.

dhomp

[8]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 43
    It sounds like you guys were having some issues in the past. I don't visit this forum too often, so I don't know what was going on. But I really hope that your issues will be resolved.

I don't know if this is the perfect thread to post this in. But I just wanted to let you guys know that show editors now have the ability to delete/pin/unpin/lock the threads in their show's forum. I just wanted to let everybody know that you don't have to contact one of the moderators for these things anymore. Just let me know if you want something changed. Also since threads are not being deleted automatically after a certain time anymore maybe you can tell me which threads are ok to be deleted (this won't affect anybody's posting history in a negative way since it's just being deleted and not moderated).

groumph

[9]Mar 4, 2006
    • level: 3
    Thanks for the input dhomp, it's much appreciated. We'll try to limit the messiness of the N/T forum in order not to give you too much work

Since the show is currently on hold - some of threads we are starting are off-topic, which might be more or less a violation of the TOS, but it allows us Nip/Tuck fans to stay in touch, so I hope it's not too much of a problem...

As tjaman pointed, I would rather see some activity in this forum rather than see it hibernate until season 4...

Oh and tj, your post and the mention of Beef, dez and you as the Nip/Tuck triumvat is perfectly adequate because of all you contributions to the forum, but somehow it reminds me of The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (although I wont say who is who)
    Edited on 03/04/2006 1:06pm
    Edited 3 total times.

dhomp

[10]Mar 4, 2006
    I don't have any problems with a few off-topic threads. That way you get a chance to get to know each other better. And I think that is essential in a forum that has so many visitors and regulars. As long as everybody is polite to each other I don't see a problem. And I think that if we clean up the forum a bit (get rid of some old stuff that we don't need anymore) other people won't mind a few off-topic threads either. So imput about what can be deleted is greatly appreciated (because I don't want to delete anything that somebody here thinks is still important).

tjaman

[11]Mar 4, 2006
    That's good, because when S4 starts and there's more traffic we want to start a chat lounge on this board and maybe plan a few RW gatherings. This seems like a group that would benefit from a "tavern" thread.

And I'll take "The Ugly" by default, since we all know dez is cute as a button. She can be The Good, since she is the Defender of All That is Good, and since Beef would be the first to argue he's a bad bad boy.

dezigner4web

[12]Mar 5, 2006
    dhomp wrote:
    And I think that if we clean up the forum a bit get rid of some old stuff that we don't need anymore

In my opinion these 4 threads are used or could be once the show airs again;

1) Nip/Tuck Trivia
    2) What Season & Episode was your FAVORITE?
    3) Official Thread: "Finale Episode 3.15" *pin
    4) Official Music Thread" *pin

Unless someone else has another thread to mention, the rest can get toasted.

tjaman

[13]Mar 5, 2006
    Well -- surely a new thread with a new title for S4 premiere eppy discussion, but I agree with the idea.

tjaman

[14]Mar 5, 2006
    Oh, and on that note, how many "Carver" threads did we honestly need around here, really?

dezigner4web

[15]Mar 5, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    And I'll take "The Ugly" by default, since we all know dez is cute as a button. She can be The Good, since she is the Defender of All That is Good...

Awe -- what a sweet thing to say ...

I'll share the "good" title with you any day hon. You're way too dashing to ever be called "ugly".

tjaman

[16]Mar 5, 2006
    dezigner4web wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    And I'll take "The Ugly" by default, since we all know dez is cute as a button. She can be The Good, since she is the Defender of All That is Good...

Awe -- what a sweet thing to say ...

I'll share the "good" title with you any day hon. You're way too dashing to ever be called "ugly".

My turn to

Maybe by comparison, then.

dezigner4web

[17]Mar 5, 2006
    Hi Teej!

Didn't expect to bump into you here --

tjaman

[18]Mar 5, 2006
    Just clickin' around a little before the Oscars.

Jon Stewart, dontcha know.

dezigner4web

[19]Mar 5, 2006
    Do you think we should open Ava's early?

Not sure that's going to help, and hey I tried to patch things up.

dhomp

[20]Mar 5, 2006
    hey, what could also help me is this. If you created any threads that can be deleted you could just rename them "to be deleted" or something like that. that way I don't have to go through every single thread and see wheter or not it's worth keeping. Just a thought.