Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Season 5 Confirmed

dezigner4web

[21]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 17

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

cjp45

[22]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 10
    Surely that was the same case! My God you didn't think I meant House of Wax as proof of Paris Hilton's acting ability, did you? Let me be clear - her only useful contribution to society would be as an organ donor. And I doubt she has many viable organs left...

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[23]Dec 14, 2006

cjp45 wrote:
    Surely that was the same case! My God you didn't think I meant House of Wax as proof of Paris Hilton's acting ability, did you? Let me be clear - her only useful contribution to society would be as an organ donor. And I doubt she has many viable organs left...

Well, I definitely didn't think you were defending her. I was just trying to be somewhat clever. lol.

I'd have to agree with the fact that the only thing she would be good for is being an organ donor. Well, except for the HIV, Hepatitis and Rabies she has.

tjaman

[24]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 32
    And no small amount of evidence for either chronic wasting disease or Dutch elm disease -- one or the other, and possibly both -- between her ears.

Tho to be fair, that could just be the syph.

meganward04

[25]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    OMG Paris Hilton was so bad in House Of Wax. I remember when I saw that movie and everyone was laughing and clapping when she died. It was the only best part of that movie.

cjp45

[26]Dec 14, 2006
    meganward04 wrote:
    OMG Paris Hilton was so bad in House Of Wax. I remember when I saw that movie and everyone was laughing and clapping when she died. It was the only best part of that movie.

Yet still such a bad movie that I'm concerned I might have got eye cancer just from watching it.

mattsafreak

[27]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 16

cjp45 wrote:
    meganward04 wrote:
    Yet still such a bad movie that I'm concerned I might have got eye cancer just from watching it.

I still dont think that movie was as bad as her Hardees/Carl Jr commercial. I wanted to claw my eyes out after seeing that. Parisite needs to give up acting and singing.

tjaman

[28]Dec 14, 2006
    cjp45 wrote:
    meganward04 wrote:

Nah, there were no discernable long-term effects from a single viewing among rabbits in controlled laboratory conditions.

There was documented danger of contracting galloping stupidity after repeated viewings, however.

Rabbits were bumping into things after exposure to two viewings, babbling incessantly on cellphones during the third viewing and the 18 percent of bunnies not committing suicide after exposure to a fifth or sixth viewing were dressing really slutty, wearing far too much makeup and signing demeaning reality show contracts with FOX.

A seventh viewing was attempted but thankfully interrupted through a court-ordered injunction mobilized by PETA.

And months later, some of the surviving bunnies are still in therapy.

Edited on 12/14/2006 1:40pm

cjp45

[29]Dec 14, 2006
    tjaman wrote:
    cjp45 wrote:
    meganward04 wrote:

Nah, there were no discernable long-term effects from a single viewing among rabbits in controlled laboratory conditions.

There was documented danger of contracting galloping stupidity after repeated viewings, however.

Rabbits were bumping into things after exposure to two viewings, babbling incessantly on cellphones during the third viewing and the 18 percent of bunnies not committing suicide after exposure to a fifth or sixth viewing were dressing really slutty, wearing far too much makeup and signing demeaning reality show contracts with FOX.

A seventh viewing was attempted but thankfully interrupted through a court-ordered injunction mobilized by PETA.

And months later, some of the surviving bunnies are still in therapy.

But there's my point - bunnies bumping into things after two viewing! With all those carrots they have much more resilient eyesight than us. I will still be consulting with my HMO for the next year just to make sure.

tjaman

[30]Dec 14, 2006
    The new Congress will almost certainly be passing legislation to assist people in covering Paris Hilton-related medical expenses.

meganward04

[31]Dec 14, 2006
    • level: 9
    mattsafreak wrote:

cjp45 wrote:
    meganward04 wrote:

I still dont think that movie was as bad as her Hardees/Carl Jr commercial. I wanted to claw my eyes out after seeing that. Parisite needs to give up acting and singing.

Oh yes that is really bad! Shes such a W*ore.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[32]Dec 15, 2006

Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "Please don't put Paris Hilton on Nip/Tuck (aka House of Wax sucked)". lmao

From what I've heard, supposedly she's going to be playing Mother Teresa in some movie, or at least she's being considered to play her. Talk about bad taste. I didn't realize Mother Teresa was an 80 pound anorexic slut with bleached blonde hair, that makes sex tapes. lol.

http://www.shoutwire.com/viewstory/4979/Hilton_to_be_cast_as_Mother_Teresa

Edited on 12/15/2006 7:56am

tjaman

[33]Dec 15, 2006
    Other "celebrities" to avoid, then.

Yoko Ono was apparently being blackmailed by someone who threatened to release embarrassing photos and recordings of her -- or as other people have been referring to it for decades, her body of work.

mattsafreak

[34]Dec 15, 2006
    • level: 16

tjaman wrote:
    Other "celebrities" to avoid, then. Yoko Ono was apparently being blackmailed by someone who threatened to release embarrassing photos and recordings of her -- or as other people have been referring to it for decades, her body of work.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!  

Tessa_Patton

[35]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 7
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:
    Maybe we should change the title of this thread to "Please don't put Paris Hilton on Nip/Tuck

Lol! Here in Italy a mobile company hired her for three commercials and she's acting horribly! It's better not to mention her fee!

IDINOI

[36]Dec 17, 2006
    • level: 13
    EranE wrote:
    If The OC will not have been cancelled by then perhaps there could be the occasional amusing shout-out, i.e. have one of the Nupsies in for a procedure.

I'm really pleased that the fifth season is taking such a new direction. This could actually give the series a whole new lease on life.

that would be pretty damn cool.
    two of my favorite shows interacting.

plus, the oc and grey's did a crossover...why not the occasional nip/tuck crossover?

I'm pretty excited for season 5! I can't wait.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[37]Dec 18, 2006

IDINOI wrote:
    the oc and grey's did a crossover...why not the occasional nip/tuck crossover?

I was actually thinking about this the other night. With Nip/Tuck in L.A, they now have the opening for a crossover for The Shield and Nip/Tuck. I'm sure it would never happen and there is a chance it might end up being really stupid, but it could be a pretty cool idea. Maybe one of the cops on The Shield gets injured in the line of duty and they need reconstructive surgery or something, so they go to the new McNamara/Troy. Just an idea.

I'd love to see my two favorite dramas of all time share the screen.

tjaman

[38]Dec 18, 2006
    There could be a pretty big cheese factor, but to be honest, there wouldn't need to be. There's top-quality writing on both shows most of the time and first-rate dramatic acting as well.

I wouldn't dismiss it completely.

BTW, I loved the "Shield" promo during the finale. Absolutely loved it (although they looked a little bit like SIMS)
    Edited on 12/18/2006 8:30am

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[39]Dec 18, 2006

Yeah... In all fairness, though, the writing for The Shield has been consistently better than the writing for Nip/Tuck the past two seasons. I like Shawn Ryan quite a bit better than Ryan Murphy. There have been quite a few slip-ups in the writing department for Nip/Tuck lately. They're all forgivable and I still love the show as much as I ever have, but some of it just seems like the writers haven't been communicating with each other properly from one episode to the next.

tjaman

[40]Dec 18, 2006
    Whoa ... that makes a lot of sense. Where they're focused on their individual projects a bit too much and not working with each other enough.

Maybe that could be a huge focus for them heading into S5 -- figuring out a few satisfying season-length story arcs and meeting consistently and making sure all of the character development flows correctly and the dramatic energy flows consistently.

Moving away from the infamous lulls of S3.