Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Season Finale Discussion

micmol25

[1]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 3

Here is my live blog of the solid season finale

http://michaelmoller.com/wordpress/archives/517

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

heart_sark

[2]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 6
    I kept thinking it was 2 hours long when it was towards the end, not alot happened. I thought I would be glad christian and liz got married but I knew if they went through with it on the show he would get better. He'll probably leave her soon but I hope its not for kimber. I cant believe they didnt wrap anything else up. Is the show coming back in the fall? Even that is along time away.

Neo2TX

[3]Mar 3, 2009
    I thought that a lot happened, they tied up a couple of things but then left a couple of ends open for next season. I loved the fact that it wasn't completely crazy. The last couple of years the finales have been TOO crazy. but this one was very down to earth

tguedry82

[4]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 9

i think the most shocking thing for me right now is that this was the finale! It just feels like we only had it back for a tiny fraction of time! I still want more, I still feel like they had so much more they could have gone into!

Funniest comment of the night was when Kimber walked in and Christian said how the bible says they have to let whores in church! Wow! This episode didn't get her bad enough for me! She wasn't pathetic enough for me in the end as she walked out crying without breaking it up as she'd wanted to. Even though she'd been tossed on her ass she still had the nerve to be a complete wench to Matt as she tried dumping their daughter on him. I wish Liz could have popped her one in her old purse of a face;lol.

The kryo genic (spelling is sure to be incorrect there!) idea was just hilarious and I pretty much knew something would show him it wouldn't work! Although it could have been worse, he could have kept those vampire teeth in and tried to preserve his immortality that way!

I won't give the ending away till everyone else starts discussing it, but it worked for me. It wasn't the most surprising ending, but I actually laughed my butt off when I realized they were going that way. It will be interesting to see how it is handled next season.

Things I didn't much like...I still can't stand that little whore is still getting away with all she did to Julia! I'm guessing it's been too long for them to ever go there again, but who knows. Perhaps if they bring Julia back next year, something will happen to make her remember. That was my second problem, was that Julia wasn't in it. I'm sorry, but Julia should have come back around by now knowing that Christian is dying...and she would have been at the wedding. I am probably one of the few that likes Julia's character alot, and I really hope they bring her back in strong next season! Also like I said earlier, I'd still like to see Kimber get more of what's coming to her! I think my problem with her is she hasn't learned anything from being pooped on by Karma...she's still a biotch! I want her back to the Kimber she was right before the carver took her. She was still crazy, but I actually liked her then! And I actually felt for her when the carver took her! Now I wish Quinton and Kit would come back and finish the job! Last thing was the ending story line they gave Teddy. I love Katee Sackoff!! I'm a huge BSG fan but I think to throw her into this weird double life thing and then to kill the guy was just a totally unnecessary twist to put on her character on the season finale!

Still one of my favorite shows out there. I know it's loosing it's "balls" so to speak...but I'm really hoping for a great final season to suprize us all and end it with a bang!

amber8032

[5]Mar 3, 2009
    • level: 28
    Does anybody know if it's coming back for season 6 and when?? This season went way too fast and it was such a different Nip/Tuck from previous seasons. I loved it!!

TylerA46

[6]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 11
    I knew Teddy was a freak too, but she needed to be a killer, a psychopath?

Poe13187

[7]Mar 4, 2009
    Of course she needs to be a killer. Actually after seeing the finale, I think the one to die at the end of the series will be Shawn not Christian. I think crazy biotch is gonna off him. They will fall MADLY in love, and then she'll kill Shawn the same we she did the other doctor. Especially after seeing him go into the office and get a whiff of that gas.

slick14805

[8]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 19
    I liked the season finale. Season 6 looks promising.

mttweeks

[9]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 3
    imagine if they would have ended it with christian freezing himself then liz gets the phone call from the doctor saying he doesnt have cancer. i was thinking they might do that. good thing thats not what happened. overall a pretty good episode tho. i havent liked teddy but anything is better than julia

JohnnyS2

[10]Mar 4, 2009
    • level: 8
    mttweeks wrote:
    imagine if they would have ended it with christian freezing himself then liz gets the phone call from the doctor saying he doesnt have cancer. i was thinking they might do that. good thing thats not what happened. overall a pretty good episode tho. i havent liked teddy but anything is better than julia

Well, he'd have to die first before they freeze him.

mattsafreak

[11]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 16
    Sean just attracts psychos like a magnet. This man never gets a break. It would have been better if he had ended up with Liz because you know Christian will break her heart. It was so sweet when Wilbur asked Liz if he could call her Mommy now. Kimber the whore will probably try and push Christian into an affair as soon as they get back from their honeymoon. I was let down by this finale, I felt like Julia should have at least made a cameo. It would have been good if she had shown up when Sean was taking a whiff of the gas in the office. I also wish Matt would grow a pair.

slick14805

[12]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 19
    mttweeks wrote:

That would have been a much better way to end the season. I agree. It would have been more shocking and we would have wanted to see Season 6 next week.

kraylith

[13]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 10
    I'd actually like it to continue soon now. ^^ Christian really turned quite good since his cancer diagnosis, it would really suck if he'd just turn back to **** divorce/cheat on Liz etc. now that he's "free". I'd really like to know how it'll turn out now. Kimber's a **** as usual, but at least she didn't cross that final line...

iheartfriends

[14]Mar 5, 2009
    • level: 4
    christian is going to go exactly back to who he was! and thats why he's such a great character. i'm so happy they arent killing him off...now he and kimber can still get back together

tjaman

[15]Mar 9, 2009
    • level: 32
    Coulda been worse.

He could've been Felix to some frozen guy's Oscar for the next 1,000 years ...

michaelhanergod

[16]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 7
    When is season 6 going to air?

krussell47

[17]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 12
    Amazing season finale. I really thought Kimber was going to blow up the whole wedding, but was shocked when she didn't. I am however not believing how broken up she about Christian marrying Liz. She has lied to get her way many times before so why should I believe she is being sincere in this scene. But the ending of the episode was great. Christian doesn't have cancer! WOW! And the look on his face of total happiness, surprise, shock and of course what a big mistake he just made marrying Liz. The final season should be really great and I can't wait for its return. Hopefully it won't be as long a break between as this past one was.

Lucidmike78

[18]Mar 12, 2009
    • level: 5

I am in shock like a lot of people here. When I saw last week's ep, I thought, huh, well, I'm sure by next episode they'll just annul their marriage. No big deal. When I was wondering why there was no episode this week, I was shocked to find out that the show was done for the season? Sean is with some psycho, but there have been a lot of weirder people during the season, she seems kinda normal. How can this be the season finale? The season premier is too predictable to give me any warm and fuzzies.

kraylith

[19]Mar 20, 2009
    • level: 10

iheartfriends wrote:
    christian is going to go exactly back to who he was! and thats why he's such a great character. i'm so happy they arent killing him off...now he and kimber can still get back together

oh.my.god.

please don't...

I so f*cking much hate Kimber, Wilbur's mother, forgot her name, was a lot less of a stupid b*tchy whore and they killed her off. I'm really torn on who I hate more, Kimber or "Cookie!". Kimber HAS to die if they ever continue the series, I can't stand that character at all anymore.

I'm seriously considering not watching NipTuck if they continue it if Kimber won't die or get written out some other way.

Actually I don't think Teddy will kill Shawn or whatever. I guess she had her reasons for deceiving this doctor and killing him. She assumed a faked personality for him, as far as we know she's her true self when she's with Shawn.

The only real problem that may arise, if they continue, - her and Liz working the same job. One of them would have to give it up. Especially if everything turns out "and they lived happily ever after" and Christian goes back to work at McNamara/Troy Liz would probably want to get her job back. Weird situation there...

Edited on 03/20/2009 4:07pm

realjarp

[20]Mar 23, 2009
    • level: 11

Good finale, but somehow I have been waiting for that call. Also I can hardly forgive the show that they got Christian out of his situation this easily. A doctor like him when receiving news like this, he would want them to double and triple check it, propably even have himself checked at another doctors. So that was an extremely cheap way out, but predictable since he never been to another doctor.

Besides, there is a few things in this show unresolved that propably never will receive an explaination

-Julia killing the dying woman at the airport. Her dying doesn't make it any less of a killing.

-The little blond **** shooting Julia in her face and blaming it on her dead mother afterwards.

-Also if a druggy sets a hotel on fire, sure as hell not just that one room, it would have consequences.

-The Carver and Rhona Mitra escaping

But all those things have not been adressed and I am sure they will not ever be adressed. So one wouldn't have to be surprised that Christian doesn't wait long to tell the news, Liz returns to McNamara/Troy and there is no need to bring the murdering "Teddy" back.

The thing that will be deciding next season is if either Christian really changed because of his near death experience or just returns to the way he used to be. Most important thing though for me would be the permanent absence of Julia and Kimber next season - but somehow I have a feeling that won't happen.