We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Season Finale Discussion Thread - 4x15 - "Gala Gallardo" SPOILERS

justinwestnet

[41]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 17
    I never watched the show til this season, but I was a bit dissapointed. It was still a great show, but I thought it would be more dramatic. Glad to see another storyline killed off, but you know the wife will come back assuming they continue. I think by moving to LA, which was kinda random and poorly done (they didn't even show Michelle leave, etc..) leaves room open for it to end or continue. It can end be saying they moved to LA to start new adventures, or it can continue by showing these new adventures. Personally moving to LA was a dumb idea. That was the appeal to Nip/Tuck in the beginning with the show revolving around the Miami people. Hollywood has been done a billion times in TV, and with Dirt coming out soon and taking place there, it will be the same stories and crap.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JHBLADER86

[42]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 7
    How can you say you were dissapointed in the season if you never watched the other seasons?? Seems like a very biased statement.

RNorman137

[43]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 8
    JHBLADER86 wrote:
    How can you say you were dissapointed in the season if you never watched the other seasons?? Seems like a very biased statement.

i was just about to post the same thing

BPyser1

[44]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 5
    BTW, what happened to little Wilbur? Is he still in Florida with Christian's Ex-Fiancee Michelle?

JHBLADER86

[45]Dec 12, 2006
    It's like watching the first 6 eps. of season 3 without viewing seasons 1 and 2 of LOST and saying "this season sucks!" Then you have to ask them, "Do you even know what led to these events?"
    Edited on 12/12/2006 8:56pm

CTU81

[46]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 25
    Here's my take on the episode:

I loved and hated it at the same time.

I hated the fact that they ruined the character of Escobar Gallardo. The man was terrifying and the definition of evil. Everytime he was mentioned up until this episode he was a cold, calculating, psychopath. Thats why I loved the character so much. Then this episode happens, and now he is a whipped little b*tch who gets shot by his own wife and then she steals his business. Awful. I realize they wanted to kill him and end his storyline but they could've done it better. They didn't have to make him so weak and pathetic all episode and then shoot him. Complete waste of the coolest villian on tv.

I liked the fact that Christian smarted up and got rid of Michelle and went to Hollywood to reteam with Sean. Awesome ending. I also loved the way they used the same camera angles, shots, and character clothing in the everglades scene. Very cool and nostalgic.

I hated the random music video. It was very corny and forced. It went on way too long and like PrincessAura said it turned into a parody of itself.

I loved that Sean was strong enough to actually leave this time. He realized he needed a change and wouldn't let Christian hold him back. Finally an emotionally strong Sean was able to start over and rebuild. Then when Christian showed up he demanded to do things his way. Congrats Sean, your testicles have grown back.

I really don't know how to feel about this episode as a whole. I would probably rank it in last place out of all the season finales. Yes, even compared to season 3. Atleast, season 3 kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time even if the identity of the carver didn't deliver. This episode was gripping in moments, then completely laughable in others. It's too bad, I expected more from this episode. I especially expected more from the episode that finally ended the run of the one, the only, Escobar Gallardo.

You'll be missed Escobar. R.I.P.

JHBLADER86

[47]Dec 12, 2006
    I thought it was rather humorous to see Escobar, who we all felt was the devil incarnate, being his wife's **** Now I cant wait to see what kind of villains they'll face in LA.

mattsafreak

[48]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 16

JHBLADER86 wrote:
    I thought it was rather humorous to see Escobar, who we all felt was the devil incarnate, being his wife's **** Now I cant wait to see what kind of villains they'll face in LA.

I really like the character of Gala. She was made of steel, I guess she had to be!

hostile1985

[49]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 2

Anyone know the name of the song they are all singing towards the end?....

Something 'Makes me happy'.....Not sure of what it is, thanks.

tjaman

[50]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 32
    Christian: "You'll wanna get the nursery. His exwife screwed a dwarf in there."

More later, but two important redirects:

First: The singing: Slap yourselves. Murph is doing something interesting, taking the show to a new place with new storylines and new problems, but the song allowed him to say goodbye to Miami in an important way. All of the elements in the song spoke to the characters who were singing the individual passages. It wasn't actually happening, it wasn't what was going on in their heads. It was what was happening to their hearts. It would've been cool to pan to New York for a verse with Julia, Erica, Annie and Conor (who I doubt would sing much) but in that they couldn't, New York is already gone.

And Matt and Kimber are gone. Michelle is theoretically gone, but since she's signed on for next season I wonder what they're gonna do with her. Meh, we'll find out. Liz is gone and Escobar is really gone. This is a completely new and different show. The song was an interesting and in my humble opinion amazing way to do that.

Secondly: Escobar has always seemed a little too indestructible. Have we ever seen him with Gala? It's obvious who wears the pants in that family. Whenever he's away from her he's eight sizes larger, balls of brass and bulletproof. And he's this complete "yes dear" when she's around. You've ... never seen that dynamic in any couples you know? Made perfect sense to me, and it cleared up where some of those compensation issues arose from.

As for Wilbur, Christian kept him, obviously, but since Michelle signed on as legal guardian that may be how they keep her in the picture. Either way, it's not a big enough deal to bother about.

And one other thing: Danny Strong kicked ass in his cameo. w00t! The AMAZING JONATHAN LIVES!

meganward04

[51]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 9
    BPyser1 wrote:
    BTW, what happened to little Wilbur? Is he still in Florida with Christian's Ex-Fiancee Michelle?

Christian took Wilber with him.

mattsafreak

[52]Dec 12, 2006

tjaman wrote:
    Christian: "You'll wanna get the nursery. His exwife screwed a dwarf in there." More later, but two important redirects: First: The singing: Slap yourselves. Murph is doing something interesting, taking the show to a new place with new storylines and new problems, but the song allowed him to say goodbye to Miami in an important way. All of the elements in the song spoke to the characters who were singing the individual passages. It wasn't actually happening, it wasn't what was going on in their heads. It was what was happening to their hearts. It would've been cool to pan to New York for a verse with Julia, Erica, Annie and Conor (who I doubt would sing much) but in that they couldn't, New York is already gone. And Matt and Kimber are gone. Michelle is theoretically gone, but since she's signed on for next season I wonder what they're gonna do with her. Meh, we'll find out. Liz is gone and Escobar is really gone. This is a completely new and different show. The song was an interesting and in my humble opinion amazing way to do that. Secondly: Escobar has always seemed a little too indestructible. Have we ever seen him with Gala? It's obvious who wears the pants in that family. Whenever he's away from her he's eight sizes larger, balls of brass and bulletproof. And he's this complete "yes dear" when she's around. You've ... never seen that dynamic in any couples you know? Made perfect sense to me, and it cleared up where some of those compensation issues arose from. As for Wilbur, Christian kept him, obviously, but since Michelle signed on as legal guardian that may be how they keep her in the picture. Either way, it's not a big enough deal to bother about. And one other thing: Danny Strong kicked ass in his cameo. w00t! The AMAZING JONATHAN LIVES!

TJ, you have a great way with words! Summed it up better than I could and I agree with all of what you posted. I loved seeing Jonathan (Superstar) again. He looked SOOO tiny next to the good Doctors!

diaz9220

[53]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 1
    Nip/Tuck Season 5, Beverly Hills, CA.!!!!!!!!!!

diaz9220

[54]Dec 12, 2006
    lol the wife is columbian and she is speaking in a Cuban Accent.

Psyris

[55]Dec 12, 2006
    I have mixed feelings about the finale and the season as a whole. Kinda disappointing to see Escobar go out like that Still, much like the Julia/Sean story line they wanted to move past it, but imo could have done it better in both scenarios (future episode ftl). I've always disliked Michelle, from the first moment I saw her... she always just seemed kinda snobby, so I'm glad to see she's no longer engaged to Christian. The end really pulled the entire episode together for me, loved seeing Sean & Christian reunited. Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face And that last shot, so damn cool.

dezigner4web

[56]Dec 13, 2006

CTU81 wrote:
    Here's my take on the episode: I loved and hated it at the same time.

I had nearly the same feelings. I HATED the ending with the cast lip syncing to the music. The music was powerful, mouthing the words was crappy. I didn't care for that at all!

Christian said he had just taken Wilbur to Universal Studios and did the touristy stuff on vacation in California, so I assume it's just C, S & W in Hollywood next season. But Liz? Will she come? Or is she finished?

I also assume Matt may join their medical practice next year as intern? The hint came in when Sean said "or this money can go for you to finish college". I think when Kimber leaves him, that might what we see him doing in S5 - medical school.

Did anyone else think that Kimber was going to run off with all that cash, or give it away to Scientology? I was like "don't give them that money, she'll just give it away"!

Moving to Hollywood might be a S5 blessing. I think it's smart to move them. C & S on Rodeo Drive will be wild. A whole new messed up & rich demographic.

*Too busy to write more*

Have great days!!

dezigner4web

[57]Dec 13, 2006

Psyris wrote:
    Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face ... 

Jonathan M. Woodward (Knox) - was that him?

Well I kept thinking - moving M/T to Hollywood feels allot like moving Angel Investigations into Wolfram & Hart.

Edited on 12/13/2006 12:18am

mattsafreak

[58]Dec 13, 2006
    dezigner4web wrote:

Psyris wrote:
    Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face ... 

Jonathan M. Woodward (Knox) - was that him?

Well I kept thinking - moving M/T to Hollywood feels allot like moving Angel Investigations into Wolfram & Hart.

It was Danny Strong (Jonathan) from BtVS.

Yeah, now Christian and Sean can fight cellulite from within the belly of the beast...LOL!

jbondfan

[59]Dec 13, 2006

diaz9220 wrote:

For someone who believes to be able to distinguish between Spanish accents one would think you could spell COLOMBIAN right. As a Colombian American, that's really irritating.

dezigner4web

[60]Dec 13, 2006
    jbondfan wrote:

diaz9220 wrote:

For someone who believes to be able to distinguish between Spanish accents one would think you could spell COLOMBIAN right. As a Colombian American, that's really irritating.

She could have been born and raised Cuban, and then married Escobar and lived as an adult in Colombia. Then she would have a Cuban accent right??

OR -- she just sucks as an actress.

lol

Edited on 12/13/2006 3:20am