We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Season Finale Discussion Thread - 4x15 - "Gala Gallardo" SPOILERS

  • Avatar of justinwestnet

    justinwestnet

    [41]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 04/21/04
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 1,162
    I never watched the show til this season, but I was a bit dissapointed. It was still a great show, but I thought it would be more dramatic. Glad to see another storyline killed off, but you know the wife will come back assuming they continue. I think by moving to LA, which was kinda random and poorly done (they didn't even show Michelle leave, etc..) leaves room open for it to end or continue. It can end be saying they moved to LA to start new adventures, or it can continue by showing these new adventures. Personally moving to LA was a dumb idea. That was the appeal to Nip/Tuck in the beginning with the show revolving around the Miami people. Hollywood has been done a billion times in TV, and with Dirt coming out soon and taking place there, it will be the same stories and crap.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JHBLADER86

    JHBLADER86

    [42]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    How can you say you were dissapointed in the season if you never watched the other seasons?? Seems like a very biased statement.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RNorman137

    RNorman137

    [43]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 04/03/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 363
    JHBLADER86 wrote:
    How can you say you were dissapointed in the season if you never watched the other seasons?? Seems like a very biased statement.


    i was just about to post the same thing
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BPyser1

    BPyser1

    [44]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/18/05
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 101
    BTW, what happened to little Wilbur? Is he still in Florida with Christian's Ex-Fiancee Michelle?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JHBLADER86

    JHBLADER86

    [45]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    It's like watching the first 6 eps. of season 3 without viewing seasons 1 and 2 of LOST and saying "this season sucks!" Then you have to ask them, "Do you even know what led to these events?"
    Edited on 12/12/2006 8:56pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CTU81

    CTU81

    [46]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 427
    Here's my take on the episode:

    I loved and hated it at the same time.

    I hated the fact that they ruined the character of Escobar Gallardo. The man was terrifying and the definition of evil. Everytime he was mentioned up until this episode he was a cold, calculating, psychopath. Thats why I loved the character so much. Then this episode happens, and now he is a whipped little b*tch who gets shot by his own wife and then she steals his business. Awful. I realize they wanted to kill him and end his storyline but they could've done it better. They didn't have to make him so weak and pathetic all episode and then shoot him. Complete waste of the coolest villian on tv.

    I liked the fact that Christian smarted up and got rid of Michelle and went to Hollywood to reteam with Sean. Awesome ending. I also loved the way they used the same camera angles, shots, and character clothing in the everglades scene. Very cool and nostalgic.

    I hated the random music video. It was very corny and forced. It went on way too long and like PrincessAura said it turned into a parody of itself.

    I loved that Sean was strong enough to actually leave this time. He realized he needed a change and wouldn't let Christian hold him back. Finally an emotionally strong Sean was able to start over and rebuild. Then when Christian showed up he demanded to do things his way. Congrats Sean, your testicles have grown back.

    I really don't know how to feel about this episode as a whole. I would probably rank it in last place out of all the season finales. Yes, even compared to season 3. Atleast, season 3 kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time even if the identity of the carver didn't deliver. This episode was gripping in moments, then completely laughable in others. It's too bad, I expected more from this episode. I especially expected more from the episode that finally ended the run of the one, the only, Escobar Gallardo.

    You'll be missed Escobar. R.I.P.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JHBLADER86

    JHBLADER86

    [47]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 08/03/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 30
    I thought it was rather humorous to see Escobar, who we all felt was the devil incarnate, being his wife's **** Now I cant wait to see what kind of villains they'll face in LA.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattsafreak

    mattsafreak

    [48]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 358

    JHBLADER86 wrote:
    I thought it was rather humorous to see Escobar, who we all felt was the devil incarnate, being his wife's **** Now I cant wait to see what kind of villains they'll face in LA.

    I really like the character of Gala. She was made of steel, I guess she had to be!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hostile1985

    hostile1985

    [49]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 12/13/06
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 53

    Anyone know the name of the song they are all singing towards the end?....

    Something 'Makes me happy'.....Not sure of what it is, thanks.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [50]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Christian: "You'll wanna get the nursery. His exwife screwed a dwarf in there."

    More later, but two important redirects:

    First: The singing: Slap yourselves. Murph is doing something interesting, taking the show to a new place with new storylines and new problems, but the song allowed him to say goodbye to Miami in an important way. All of the elements in the song spoke to the characters who were singing the individual passages. It wasn't actually happening, it wasn't what was going on in their heads. It was what was happening to their hearts. It would've been cool to pan to New York for a verse with Julia, Erica, Annie and Conor (who I doubt would sing much) but in that they couldn't, New York is already gone.

    And Matt and Kimber are gone. Michelle is theoretically gone, but since she's signed on for next season I wonder what they're gonna do with her. Meh, we'll find out. Liz is gone and Escobar is really gone. This is a completely new and different show. The song was an interesting and in my humble opinion amazing way to do that.

    Secondly: Escobar has always seemed a little too indestructible. Have we ever seen him with Gala? It's obvious who wears the pants in that family. Whenever he's away from her he's eight sizes larger, balls of brass and bulletproof. And he's this complete "yes dear" when she's around. You've ... never seen that dynamic in any couples you know? Made perfect sense to me, and it cleared up where some of those compensation issues arose from.

    As for Wilbur, Christian kept him, obviously, but since Michelle signed on as legal guardian that may be how they keep her in the picture. Either way, it's not a big enough deal to bother about.

    And one other thing: Danny Strong kicked ass in his cameo. w00t! The AMAZING JONATHAN LIVES!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of meganward04

    meganward04

    [51]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 11/07/05
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 1,408
    BPyser1 wrote:
    BTW, what happened to little Wilbur? Is he still in Florida with Christian's Ex-Fiancee Michelle?


    Christian took Wilber with him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattsafreak

    mattsafreak

    [52]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 358

    tjaman wrote:
    Christian: "You'll wanna get the nursery. His exwife screwed a dwarf in there." More later, but two important redirects: First: The singing: Slap yourselves. Murph is doing something interesting, taking the show to a new place with new storylines and new problems, but the song allowed him to say goodbye to Miami in an important way. All of the elements in the song spoke to the characters who were singing the individual passages. It wasn't actually happening, it wasn't what was going on in their heads. It was what was happening to their hearts. It would've been cool to pan to New York for a verse with Julia, Erica, Annie and Conor (who I doubt would sing much) but in that they couldn't, New York is already gone. And Matt and Kimber are gone. Michelle is theoretically gone, but since she's signed on for next season I wonder what they're gonna do with her. Meh, we'll find out. Liz is gone and Escobar is really gone. This is a completely new and different show. The song was an interesting and in my humble opinion amazing way to do that. Secondly: Escobar has always seemed a little too indestructible. Have we ever seen him with Gala? It's obvious who wears the pants in that family. Whenever he's away from her he's eight sizes larger, balls of brass and bulletproof. And he's this complete "yes dear" when she's around. You've ... never seen that dynamic in any couples you know? Made perfect sense to me, and it cleared up where some of those compensation issues arose from. As for Wilbur, Christian kept him, obviously, but since Michelle signed on as legal guardian that may be how they keep her in the picture. Either way, it's not a big enough deal to bother about. And one other thing: Danny Strong kicked ass in his cameo. w00t! The AMAZING JONATHAN LIVES!

    TJ, you have a great way with words! Summed it up better than I could and I agree with all of what you posted. I loved seeing Jonathan (Superstar) again. He looked SOOO tiny next to the good Doctors!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz9220

    diaz9220

    [53]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    Nip/Tuck Season 5, Beverly Hills, CA.!!!!!!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of diaz9220

    diaz9220

    [54]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 03/29/05
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    lol the wife is columbian and she is speaking in a Cuban Accent.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Psyris

    Psyris

    [55]Dec 12, 2006
    • member since: 05/29/03
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 8
    I have mixed feelings about the finale and the season as a whole. Kinda disappointing to see Escobar go out like that Still, much like the Julia/Sean story line they wanted to move past it, but imo could have done it better in both scenarios (future episode ftl). I've always disliked Michelle, from the first moment I saw her... she always just seemed kinda snobby, so I'm glad to see she's no longer engaged to Christian. The end really pulled the entire episode together for me, loved seeing Sean & Christian reunited. Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face And that last shot, so damn cool.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dezigner4web

    dezigner4web

    [56]Dec 13, 2006
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,272

    CTU81 wrote:
    Here's my take on the episode: I loved and hated it at the same time.


    I had nearly the same feelings. I HATED the ending with the cast lip syncing to the music. The music was powerful, mouthing the words was crappy. I didn't care for that at all!

    Christian said he had just taken Wilbur to Universal Studios and did the touristy stuff on vacation in California, so I assume it's just C, S & W in Hollywood next season. But Liz? Will she come? Or is she finished?

    I also assume Matt may join their medical practice next year as intern? The hint came in when Sean said "or this money can go for you to finish college". I think when Kimber leaves him, that might what we see him doing in S5 - medical school.

    Did anyone else think that Kimber was going to run off with all that cash, or give it away to Scientology? I was like "don't give them that money, she'll just give it away"!

    Moving to Hollywood might be a S5 blessing. I think it's smart to move them. C & S on Rodeo Drive will be wild. A whole new messed up & rich demographic.

    *Too busy to write more*

    Have great days!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dezigner4web

    dezigner4web

    [57]Dec 13, 2006
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,272

    Psyris wrote:
    Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face ... 

    Jonathan M. Woodward (Knox) - was that him?

    Well I kept thinking - moving M/T to Hollywood feels allot like moving Angel Investigations into Wolfram & Hart.

     

    Edited on 12/13/2006 12:18am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mattsafreak

    mattsafreak

    [58]Dec 13, 2006
    • member since: 10/10/06
    • level: 16
    • rank: Church Lady
    • posts: 358
    dezigner4web wrote:

    Psyris wrote:
    Funny seeing whats-his-name from Buffy, it put a smiley on my face ... 

    Jonathan M. Woodward (Knox) - was that him?

    Well I kept thinking - moving M/T to Hollywood feels allot like moving Angel Investigations into Wolfram & Hart.

     

    It was Danny Strong (Jonathan) from BtVS.

    Yeah, now Christian and Sean can fight cellulite from within the belly of the beast...LOL!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jbondfan

    jbondfan

    [59]Dec 13, 2006
    • member since: 02/17/04
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 47

    diaz9220 wrote:
    lol the wife is columbian and she is speaking in a Cuban Accent.

    For someone who believes to be able to distinguish between Spanish accents one would think you could spell COLOMBIAN right. As a Colombian American, that's really irritating.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dezigner4web

    dezigner4web

    [60]Dec 13, 2006
    • member since: 06/28/05
    • level: 17
    • rank: The Crazy Neighbor
    • posts: 4,272
    jbondfan wrote:

    diaz9220 wrote:
    lol the wife is columbian and she is speaking in a Cuban Accent.

    For someone who believes to be able to distinguish between Spanish accents one would think you could spell COLOMBIAN right. As a Colombian American, that's really irritating.


    She could have been born and raised Cuban, and then married Escobar and lived as an adult in Colombia. Then she would have a Cuban accent right??

    OR -- she just sucks as an actress.

    lol

    Edited on 12/13/2006 3:20am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.