Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

That New York Cameo Pretty Much Marks the End of This Show

  • Avatar of ashaikh148

    ashaikh148

    [21]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 12/15/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 28

    There is absolutely no denying that nip tuck is not what it used to be at this point. Ok, lets start with Christian/Julia love story, it really doesnt matter if you dont want to call it a love triangle because the whole thing is basically a less interesting version of when Julia found out that Matt wasnt Shawn's son and she freaked out about him finding out. Once again her and Christian have a secret from Shawn only this time i honestly dont care what happens, Julia's character has been nothing but annoying this season and while i mightve killed to see Julia and Christian finally sleep together again in the past now that it finally happens it feels like it's too late for it to have any real significance.

    I would love to see Matt finally mature and start to take some responsibility. I think we've seen him go though enough crazy things to finally be ok with him taking control of his life. It would actually be pretty cool if Matt became the rock of the family while his parents continued to live like they were in high school.

    Shawn's story is stupid, they made a huge deal of introducing Eden as a virgin, at the very least we know she has a hymen because Shawn gave it to her and suddenly the writers ignore that whole angle and have them having sex fairly casually.

    So are we supposed to buy Kimber as the big bad villian for the season now that she wont let Matt see his daughter for some reason? This show has such an amazing cast and it kills me to seem them being wasted on these petty story lines.

    Edited on 12/15/2007 8:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [22]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    ashaikh148 wrote:

    There is absolutely no denying that nip tuck is not what it used to be at this point. Ok, lets start with Christian/Julia love story, it really doesnt matter if you dont want to call it a love triangle because the whole thing is basically a less interesting version of when Julia found out that Matt wasnt Shawn's son and she freaked out about him finding out. Once again her and Christian have a secret from Shawn only this time i honestly dont care what happens, Julia's character has been nothing but annoying this season and while i mightve killed to see Julia and Christian finally sleep together again in the past now that it finally happens it feels like it's too late for it to have any real significance.

    I would love to see Matt finally mature and start to take some responsibility. I think we've seen him go though enough crazy things to finally be ok with him taking control of his life. It would actually be pretty cool if Matt became the rock of the family while his parents continued to live like they were in high school.

    Shawn's story is stupid, they made a huge deal of introducing Eden as a virgin, at the very least we know she has a hymen because Shawn gave it to her and suddenly the writers ignore that whole angle and have them having sex fairly casually.

    So are we supposed to buy Kimber as the big bad villian for the season now that she wont let Matt see his daughter for some reason? This show has such an amazing cast and it kills me to seem them being wasted on these petty story lines.



    First, and most importantly: before you critique a show and say it's not what it used to be, it might help if you can accurately spell a character's name. It's Sean, not Shawn. Otherwise, you end up looking like a newbie to the show.

    Secondly, the "love triangle" as you guys like to call it is nowhere near comparable to the Matt secret. Matt's parentage has nothing to do with two people, one single and one in a relationship, shacking up. I don't see where you're going with that, and that may be why I'm having a tough time responding to that. I honestly thought you pulled that comparison out of your ass. :\

    I think Matt maturing and growing up finally would actually be really cool. It'd be a change. But they'd have to do it in an interesting way. No one wants to watch a drama where all of the characters are happy.

    Eden said, in her debut, that she gave out anal and BJs like it was candy. So who's to say he's hitting the cooter?

    Finally, no one said Kimber was the big bad this season. I was sure it was going to be Eden, but I'm not sure where that's going anymore.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ashaikh148

    ashaikh148

    [23]Dec 15, 2007
    • member since: 12/15/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 28

    I understand that Julia and Christian having sex is different from Matt secretly being Christian's son but it has the same exact feeling. The fact is that Christian and Julia are again keeping something from Sean* and but this time no one cares. Look i love nip/tuck, ive been watching this show since season one even if spelling seans name wrong mightve not shown that (that was pretty much the first time i ever needed to spell his name out) i have to ask are you honestly happy with where this show is right now compared to where we know it can be? These plots just feel like cheap circus tricks in an attempt to keep us watching rather than actually provide us with an actual engaging story line that we care about.

    The reason i find Sean/Eden frustrating is because of this: yea i know they could be having anal sex because like you said we know that's something fairly common for Eden to do, but just based on all of Sean's fantasies that weve seen about her and his constant references to her "cooter", it's just hard to buy that once he's finally getting with her the issue of wanting to have vaginal sex vs anul sex is never addressed. Maybe theyll talk about it in the next episode but it was left way too vague for my taste.

    With regards to Kimber i was obviously exaggerating when i stated her as the possible big bad but honestly im just frustrated because we have yet to be given any other viable opponent to our favorite plastic surgeons this season and Eden turned out to be a push over (unless she's plotting something we havent seen yet). And on top of not having a real villain the previews for the next episode completely cast kimber in that bad wicked witch light, the evil lady who's now going to keep Matt from seeing his daughter and Christian, Sean, and Julia from seeing their granddaughter.

    And id love to hear your thoughts on Julia because despite Matt's shortcomings and everything else that's wrong with this show, she is honestly the most disappointing character for me right now. I think ive seen the "get mugged, get a gun to prevent getting mugged, have intimate moment with person while at gun range" scene at least ten times before nip/tuck decided to use it. Im just used to much more originality from this show. And honestly aliens? I tried to omit that entire plot line from memory because it was so ridiculous but i have to say if you think aliens and plastic fantastic are comparable to the best this show can offer, im going to buy you seasons one and two on DVD for Christmas.

    Also i loved Christian's interaction with that nun early on in the season, i am honestly at least 20 times more interested in the potential story there than i am in Christian and Julia rekindling past romances. I felt like her and Christian genuniely connected while it feels like Julia is just using Christian who cant control his desires when it comes to her.

    Edited on 12/15/2007 8:38pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [24]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    ashaikh148 wrote:

    I understand that Julia and Christian having sex is different from Matt secretly being Christian's son but it has the same exact feeling. The fact is that Christian and Julia are again keeping something from Sean* and but this time no one cares. Look i love nip/tuck, ive been watching this show since season one even if spelling seans name wrong mightve not shown that (that was pretty much the first time i ever needed to spell his name out) i have to ask are you honestly happy with where this show is right now compared to where we know it can be? These plots just feel like cheap circus tricks in an attempt to keep us watching rather than actually provide us with an actual engaging story line that we care about.

    The reason i find Sean/Eden frustrating is because of this: yea i know they could be having anal sex because like you said we know that's something fairly common for Eden to do, but just based on all of Sean's fantasies that weve seen about her and his constant references to her "cooter", it's just hard to buy that once he's finally getting with her the issue of wanting to have vaginal sex vs anul sex is never addressed. Maybe theyll talk about it in the next episode but it was left way too vague for my taste.

    With regards to Kimber i was obviously exaggerating when i stated her as the possible big bad but honestly im just frustrated because we have yet to be given any other viable opponent to our favorite plastic surgeons this season and Eden turned out to be a push over (unless she's plotting something we havent seen yet). And on top of not having a real villain the previews for the next episode completely cast kimber in that bad wicked witch light, the evil lady who's now going to keep Matt from seeing his daughter and Christian, Sean, and Julia from seeing their granddaughter.

    And id love to hear your thoughts on Julia because despite Matt's shortcomings and everything else that's wrong with this show, she is honestly the most disappointing character for me right now. I think ive seen the "get mugged, get a gun to prevent getting mugged, have intimate moment with person while at gun range" scene at least ten times before nip/tuck decided to use it. Im just used to much more originality from this show. And honestly aliens? I tried to omit that entire plot line from memory because it was so ridiculous but i have to say if you think aliens and plastic fantastic are comparable to the best this show can offer, im going to buy you seasons one and two on DVD for Christmas.

    Also i loved Christian's interaction with that nun early on in the season, i am honestly at least 20 times more interested in the potential story there than i am in Christian and Julia rekindling past romances. I felt like her and Christian genuniely connected while it feels like Julia is just using Christian who cant control his desires when it comes to her.



    I've had seasons one and two of Nip/Tuck for years. What is all this nonsense? Happy with what the show is when "we know what it could be?" I'm sorry, but if you know what this show could be this season, then why aren't you writing it? Or, at the least, offering intellectual suggestions.

    OOOOOHHHH GOD. Here we go with the alien thing. Season two's Agatha Ripp dealt with the issue of stigmata, something seen as supernatural. I don't understand why this alien thing is such a big stretch for this show to some people. Maybe I should buy YOU the first two seasons of Nip/Tuck. Sure, it turned out Agatha did it to herself, but this isn't as serious as people are making this out to be.

    If you are the one who said you watch Nip/Tuck for the drama and not the comedy (which is why you didn't like Plastic Fantastic), then that's ridiculous. Most of us watch Nip/Tuck to be entertained. If you want the drama, Days of Our Lives has been running for years. And you'll get nothing BUT drama on that show. But I don't remember if it was you that said that so that's directed to whoever said it.

    Julia has always been an iffy character. She always will be. I don't really know what else you want. You complain about her doing the intimate gun scene but you don't complain about the whole who's-your-daddy story arc being done before. You don't complain about the older-woman-younger-man story arc that's been done before. While season two was amazing, find something legit to complain about and make sure it doesn't tear away your entire arguement when you do.

    And STOP SPEAKING FOR EVERYONE. To be perfectly honest I've heard more good things about this season of Nip/Tuck (not necessarily on this forum) than I've heard bad things. It's not accurate for you to say that no one cares.

    I don't understand why you're ruining the show for yourself, anyway. Once people start complaining about a show, the show can no longer do any right. People will always find something to b*tch about. So why not sit back, relax, and enjoy the show before you? Complaining is just making you seem really anal, and more importantly it's clouding your love for this show. If you stopped nitpicking (or if the people around you stopped influencing you to) I think you'd like the show a lot better this season.

    P.S. This show is a season, not episode by episode. If something isn't explained in one episode, don't complain about it until the season is over and it's not explained.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ashaikh148

    ashaikh148

    [25]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 12/15/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 28

    I would say that the comedy aspect of nip/tuck is doing pretty well these days and even though it sounds like i hate this entire season so far its really only the last few episodes thatve made me question the direction the show is being taken in. I still laugh when Christian makes one of his awesome sarcastic jokes but they just arent enough for me to be ok with the lackluster stories.

    Maybe people are making way to big a deal out of the alien sub plot but the way i see it is the patient of the episode has obviously always been a huge aspect of this show and it just feels like a waste to give us an "oh my god it was aliens!" story when they couldve given us a more engaging patient who's life and experiences relflect on things that Sean and Christian are dealing with, i think that's when patient use is at its best.

    The reason i didnt mind the "who's your daddy story line" before is because it wasnt like Julia was pregnant and we didnt know who was the father. Sean had lived for years and years under the impression that Matt was his son and to question that idea so far into his life and have that turn out to be false was really interesting and engaging.

    Im not speaking for everyone, i know there are people who really like what's going on with nip/tuck right now, but that doesnt stop me from voicing my dissappointment.

    And im always hopeful that next episode will be better. Its not like i hate nip/tuck now, i go into each episode with an open mind, when nip/tuck is good theres no way i could ever force myself to not enjoy it. I freaking love this show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [26]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    ashaikh148 wrote:

    I would say that the comedy aspect of nip/tuck is doing pretty well these days and even though it sounds like i hate this entire season so far its really only the last few episodes thatve made me question the direction the show is being taken in. I still laugh when Christian makes one of his awesome sarcastic jokes but they just arent enough for me to be ok with the lackluster stories.

    Maybe people are making way to big a deal out of the alien sub plot but the way i see it is the patient of the episode has obviously always been a huge aspect of this show and it just feels like a waste to give us an "oh my god it was aliens!" story when they couldve given us a more engaging patient who's life and experiences relflect on things that Sean and Christian are dealing with, i think that's when patient use is at its best.

    The reason i didnt mind the "who's your daddy story line" before is because it wasnt like Julia was pregnant and we didnt know who was the father. Sean had lived for years and years under the impression that Matt was his son and to question that idea so far into his life and have that turn out to be false was really interesting and engaging.

    Im not speaking for everyone, i know there are people who really like what's going on with nip/tuck right now, but that doesnt stop me from voicing my dissappointment.

    And im always hopeful that next episode will be better. Its not like i hate nip/tuck now, i go into each episode with an open mind, when nip/tuck is good theres no way i could ever force myself to not enjoy it. I freaking love this show.



    Well, great. I think I've said enough. If I continue to respond to you, I'm just going to be repeating myself over and over. So I've gotten everything out with not much more to say.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of slim324k

    slim324k

    [27]Dec 16, 2007
    • member since: 10/19/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 713
    The whole New York character is proof positive of the pathetic reality t.v. era and why this writers strike need go no further. When I realized she was going to be on I was pissed and it was a complete waste of time...keep her on the D-list where she belongs.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of foxysox

    foxysox

    [28]Dec 19, 2007
    • member since: 07/05/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 18
    I loved the New York cameo, I thought it was extremely appropriate, that whole episode was utterly hilarious.
    I for one adore Nip/Tuck, once you just suspend your disbelief and get over the fact that its unbelievably ridiculous you'll realise it's also extremely clever, witty, intelligent, sharp and poignant. It's bloody brilliant.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of melaty

    melaty

    [30]Dec 22, 2007
    • member since: 08/06/05
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 75

    Get a life! I've been with NT since the beginning and have never seen anything like this season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [31]Dec 22, 2007
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    melaty wrote:

    Get a life! I've been with NT since the beginning and have never seen anything like this season.



    What are you trying to say? That you like it or that you don't?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jclu37

    jclu37

    [32]Dec 24, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 18

    I think I've figured out the theme for this season: Everybody has sex with everybody. No exceptions. Sean and Christian, Eve and Matt, etc.

    The show has succeeded at being predictable all season, with a few exceptions.

    I agree with the gimmick post, and I'm so glad that the "Plastic Fantastic" show failed, because that was the most boring gimmick ever.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jclu37

    jclu37

    [33]Dec 24, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 18

    foxysox wrote:
    I loved the New York cameo, I thought it was extremely appropriate, that whole episode was utterly hilarious. I for one adore Nip/Tuck, once you just suspend your disbelief and get over the fact that its unbelievably ridiculous you'll realise it's also extremely clever, witty, intelligent, sharp and poignant. It's bloody brilliant.

    Seriously, do you work for Fox?

    Ok, I'l give you that it may have been appropriate, but there was no need for that entire episode. So it was appropriate in a worthless episode and therefore worthless in itself. If they were trying to make fun of reality TV, they failed.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [34]Dec 24, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    I disagree.

    Like ... a lot.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jclu37

    jclu37

    [35]Dec 26, 2007
    • member since: 10/25/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 18

    tjaman wrote:
    I disagree. Like ... a lot.

    Disagree with what? We have no idea what you're disagreeing with if you don't quote anything.

    Edited on 12/26/2007 10:49am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [36]Dec 26, 2007
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    You.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of SleepTight

    SleepTight

    [37]Dec 27, 2007
    • member since: 06/16/05
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 7,535
    Season 5 has been garbage, but not total garbage. At least we've seen some nice lesbian scenes . I liked the meth-using scenes as well. But yeah, that's it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of matzaa

    matzaa

    [38]Dec 28, 2007
    • member since: 02/12/06
    • level: 25
    • rank: Coconut Phone
    • posts: 249
    SleepTight wrote:
    Season 5 has been garbage, but not total garbage. At least we've seen some nice lesbian scenes . I liked the meth-using scenes as well. But yeah, that's it.


    Nice lesbian scenes? Oh how lovely. Those were the ones which annoyed me. Every time I saw those scenes I was just thinking "oh ok, how many men are jerking off at this one?" Bleaks!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [39]Jan 1, 2008
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    SleepTight wrote:
    Season 5 has been garbage, but not total garbage. At least we've seen some nice lesbian scenes . I liked the meth-using scenes as well. But yeah, that's it.


    Thanks for your...well, ungrounded criticism.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of rubiest

    rubiest

    [40]Jan 13, 2008
    • member since: 03/19/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 5

    I'm very disappointed about how this show has turned out. It used to be exciting and I waited each episode with anticipation but season 5 is one episode worse than the other the king of which being ep 5x06 with the 'Plastic Fantastic' scenario.

    Enough already! After such interesting storylines this show has had (Escobar, Ava, The Carver, Organ trafficking), we come to this?

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.