TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

The Carver

aplourey

[41]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 34
    tjaman wrote:
    * crosses fingers *

Please oh please keep the D!ckless Wonder in a box ...

Funny! I would've much preferred the Carver if it was revealed that he had a vendetta against someone at McNamara/Troy all along. I mean he developed one with Sean and Christian fixing his "masterpieces" but his motive would've been a lot better if it wasn't that he was a mutated result of incest. I mean it's cool but they could've been a hell of a lot more creative then that. Does anyone else agree?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ISpeakTheTruth

[42]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 33

aplourey wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    * crosses fingers * Please oh please keep the D!ckless Wonder in a box ...
    Funny! I would've much preferred the Carver if it was revealed that he had a vendetta against someone at McNamara/Troy all along. I mean he developed one with Sean and Christian fixing his "masterpieces" but his motive would've been a lot better if it wasn't that he was a mutated result of incest. I mean it's cool but they could've been a hell of a lot more creative then that. Does anyone else agree?

Having the Carver be old carrot top would have been far better you wouldn't have to just make up a backstory at the last minute you'd already know his and you'd get why he's doing it.

tjaman

[43]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 32
    Murph said balls-out that they did not retcon a backstory. That Q & Kit were the Carver all along, that they were always going to be the Carver and that the ambiguity of the writing was their best effort to throw suspicion on everyone else.
    Edited on 12/03/2006 5:09am

ISpeakTheTruth

[44]Dec 3, 2006
    Well...It didn't work did it? Q was the most popular suspect during the entire season and in the end their method of handling the Carver was less than great.

tjaman

[45]Dec 3, 2006
    * shrug * The only actual mistake I'm aware of is where Q said his first vic was Naomi Gaines. Also, that Julia's hands didn't go exploring at all in the hot-tub. Beyond that ... it was pretty straightforward -- esp. with everyone thinking it was Q anyway.

niptuckSean

[46]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 13
    THE CARVER IS NEVER, NEVER, EVER COMING BACK! Underline, Bold, and Italicize that will you!

Enough of this Carver talk... HE IS GONE... FOREVER!

Sorry but please, you people need to forget about him, because he's not coming back in any way shape or form.

ISpeakTheTruth

[47]Dec 3, 2006

niptuckSean wrote:
    Sorry but please, you people need to forget about him,

[Sky Marshal from Anger Management] You people? Sir I will not tolerate any racist behavior on the forum this is a very difficult time for our country. [/Sky Marshal]

Page_47

[48]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 11
    I'm the carver. And I'm coming for you, niptuckSean. And Beef.

tjaman

[49]Dec 3, 2006
    Really? How do you pee?

Page_47

[50]Dec 3, 2006
    And TJ.

aplourey

[51]Dec 3, 2006
    • level: 34
    I think you just sealed your fate with that serious plothole TJ.

tjaman

[52]Dec 4, 2006
    Oops.

Page_47

[53]Dec 4, 2006

Slash...slash...

Ok I'm bored with this persona now (just as I was when Bruno Campos was playing it )

TJ you're off the hook.

Edited on 12/04/2006 4:21am

tjaman

[54]Dec 4, 2006
    Whew.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[55]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 10

Page_47 wrote:

Does this mean you're inbred and have no penis

icanfix

[56]Dec 4, 2006
    • level: 8

Anyone wonder if the folks at home hwo never read the internet gossip or think about it too much were thrilled with the carver ending

they said we'd never guess in a million years, but people were screaming quinton others saying its too obvious to be him

They have this great storyline that is gripping hollywood and the world over, and they rig in some cheesy dopey guy to take all the credit, I personally think they have to bring him back to do it right, we followed the storyline for years, it was one of the most anticipated finals in tv history, they should be able to come up with 1 epsidoe next season so atleast we can say the carver worked out great

I dont see why they couldnt have made sean the carver, wouldnt be such a far streth this seaosn, and i doubt it would have tanked the show

Page_47

[57]Dec 4, 2006
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:

Page_47 wrote:

Does this mean you're inbred and have no penis

Um... Well...

*jumps out window*

tjaman

[58]Dec 4, 2006
    Can I talk to you about my reasons for believing it was not Quentin?

-- He's a plastic surgeon, which means he's devoted his life to "cursing" the world with external beauty, which seems to be the exact opposite of what the Carver prances about doing.
    -- He seemed to be reasonably well adjusted (if a little slutty), while the Carver was psychotic.
    -- There's no getting around the fact that Bruno Campos seems to be a beautiful, beautiful man, which again, why would someone as good-looking as him be so upset by beauty?

Now, all of that being accepted, the twist came in when he was the Carver but couldn't be the Carver. Because he was bound to a bed and covered in blood when the police found him. So yeah, ok, Kit helped. Obviously. But unless you're psychic, you were unaware of the sister connection with him. They'd been about to sleep together at one point when he got Christian to call it off. And their conversation in the police station -- for an audience of Christian and a photographer -- seemed legitimate (as legitimate as any of Kit's interrogations ever seemed to be).

As for beauty, well, we never saw that he was the original D!ckless Wonder, so there were definitions of physical beauty we didn't, as an audience, have access to. Also, the repairs he had to make to Kit's face were the same injuries he was inflicting on "the beautiful" and "the world."

And he was functional. He flew down to the Sodom of the South -- South Beach -- where such a high premium is put on beauty and launched a few attacks. Fueled by rage, anger, inspiration, what have you.

But in repairing his sister's face, he gained a lot of skills and a reputation for being the best guy for facial reconstruction, which was how he came to be working on Sean in the first place. And he made it clear he wanted to join their practice (wanted to be close to a broad pool of victims?)

And Kit didn't show up until he'd been working there for awhile. Her credentials could be forged or legitimate -- she had a few years to build up a dossier. She could've flown in to protect him from his own psychosis or help out.

But for people who were screaming "Oh, it has to be Quentin! It couldn't be anyone else!" right from the beginning, I'm interested in hearing if you had any reasons behind that, or if you picked him simply because he'd wandered into shot or because he was weird, because everything we knew about him seemed -- to me, at least -- to be antithetical to the driving philosophy behind the Carver attacks in the first place.

Comments?

ISpeakTheTruth

[59]Dec 4, 2006

tjaman wrote:
    . -- He seemed to be reasonably well adjusted (if a little slutty), while the Carver was psychotic.

I agree with most everything you've said except for this someone can act completely normal but it doesnt' mean that they are. To almost everyone he ever knew John Wayne Gacy was a normal man but what people didn't know is that he raped and killed 33 people and buried 28 of them under his house.

So when we're talking about psychotics you really can't go by how they seem.

omiite

[60]Aug 28, 2010
    • level: 1
    Is there possible to buy original The Carver mask and costume + voice changer?