Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

The Official Spoilers Threads - Please Pin!

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[142]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 10
    I've told you before... You need to put sources for your information because if you don't it's plagiarism. Obviously you just took that from Christian's blog on MySpace because it has the same typos and exact same wording as his blog entries.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

duter4

[143]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 7
    IMDB news also confirmed the story about Joely leaving the show this morning:

Richardson Quits US Show To Be with Sick Daughter

British actress Joely Richardson has been forced to put her career on hold to care for her sick daughter. The 101 Dalmatians star has temporarily quit her hit US plastic surgery drama Nip/Tuck to be with her teenage daughter in London as she faces multiple operations to fix a circulation problem in her leg. Richardson tells America's TV Guide her daughter Daisy was diagnosed with circulation problems when she was born and medics told her parents she'd be in and out of hospital when she hit her teens. The actress says, "Surgeons and hospitals have been a big part of our lives. We were always told that she would have to have more surgeries when she got older. The time has come." Richardson admits she had no choice when it came to deciding to quit her hit show. She adds, "I love my work but I had to be in two places at once and I thought, 'If it were all over tomorrow, what would I regret?' It would be not being there for her." Richardson fears she'll never be able to return to Nip/Tuck, but series creator Ryan Murphy is hoping her character Julia McNamara, will be back. He says, "I don't want to do the show without her." (http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-11-09/)

Though this seems to be a repeat, I see now that it mentions TV Guide in the article (sorry if this is a bad post, I'm not sure what the "repeat" etiquette is)

duter4

[144]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 7
    chihuahua92 wrote:
    Also, the episode utilizes music — more specifically, a song — in a unique way. Something rarely, if ever, seen in a TV drama.

"Something rarely, if ever, seen in a TV drama." That is just blowing my mind - what on earth could it MEAN!? And at the same time, I have a feeling I should forget that quote, because otherwise I will be severely let down when it actually occurs.

queerlybeloved

[145]Nov 10, 2006
    • level: 44
    They reported Joely Richardson's leaving on the BBC website yesterday too - I just hope that Joely's daughter gets through whatever surgeries she has in one piece.

As for the show? Well, Julia is kinda integral even if she isn't always used. It's going to be interesting to see how the show runs without her.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[147]Nov 30, 2006

Spoiler for season finale:

With the season finale two weeks away and somebody getting killed off in it, I think it's time for speculations of who this character will be.

Right now, I'm thinking there are only three options of who this character might be. Wilbur, Liz and Kimber. I guess it's possible that James could be this character as well, but my guess has to be Liz. I really don't think they would kill off Wilbur and I don't think anybody would care if they killed off Kimber at this point, but Liz is a character that we all pretty much like and for her to end up dying would be a pretty big shocker.

So what do you guys think?

NitaDrink

[148]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 4
    Michelle.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[149]Nov 30, 2006

Michelle has already signed on for 13 episodes next season, so it's not her. She's going to be around for a while.

Page_47

[150]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 11
    Michelle. 13 more episodes. If there's no james to torture her, I feel her appeal is going to dry up quicker than roadrunner on happy pills.

tjaman

[151]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 32
    Well, she's got all of her late husband's money now. Maybe she could buy herself a personality.

JaceJones

[152]Nov 30, 2006
    • level: 8
    tjaman wrote:
    Well, she's got all of her late husband's money now. Maybe she could buy herself a personality.

I'd buy one for her if I could swap places with Christian Troy.

JaceJones

[153]Dec 1, 2006
    I remember a while ago, me and someone else suggested that Escobar was behind the kidney harvesting thing. Now, according to the episode description of "Willy Ward" on the FXNetworks.com site, it seems my suggestion was true. Apparently, "James ends her association with Escobar and his kidney-harvesting scheme - and trouble for Michelle begins."

Or something along those lines.

kris2618

[154]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 1
    Remember back in Season 1 where Escobar had Sean and Christian remove the kidneys from one of his "herion bobbie girls"?  I would not be surprised at all if there was a corolation.  And if Wilber gets killed off the show, that would just make my heart sink.  James has to be the one to get killed off.  I am getting quite sick of her story line.  Also, since they had a steady shot of that little spot of blood left in the O.R., that has to come into play somehow and unravel. 

Is it just me or did this season just fly by?

JaceJones

[155]Dec 2, 2006
    kris2618 wrote:
    Remember back in Season 1 where Escobar had Sean and Christian remove the kidneys from one of his "herion bobbie girls"?  I would not be surprised at all if there was a corolation.  And if Wilber gets killed off the show, that would just make my heart sink.  James has to be the one to get killed off.  I am getting quite sick of her story line.  Also, since they had a steady shot of that little spot of blood left in the O.R., that has to come into play somehow and unravel. 

Is it just me or did this season just fly by?

It flew.

And yes, I remember that thing with the kidneys in season one. That is why I suggested it was Escobar from the beginning. Way before we even knew James and Michelle had anything to do with it.

Page_47

[156]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 11
    Good catch, Jace. I didn't see that coming. Well not that it's happened yet, but hey, it most likely will . I kind of hope that if it comes down to a confrontation between James and the Escobar this season (as it might do, if Escobar is the guy behind the Frenchies) that James kills *him*, not the other way around. Is that wrong?

tjaman

[157]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 32
    Would Escobar have any patience for Asian francophones? They'd call demanding their quota and he'd shoot them through the head.

JaceJones

[158]Dec 2, 2006
    Page_47 wrote:
    Good catch, Jace. I didn't see that coming. Well not that it's happened yet, but hey, it most likely will . I kind of hope that if it comes down to a confrontation between James and the Escobar this season (as it might do, if Escobar is the guy behind the Frenchies) that James kills *him*, not the other way around. Is that wrong?

Thanks.

mattsafreak

[159]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 16
    Xx_King_Beef_xX wrote:

Spoiler for season finale:

With the season finale two weeks away and somebody getting killed off in it, I think it's time for speculations of who this character will be.

Right now, I'm thinking there are only three options of who this character might be. Wilbur, Liz and Kimber. I guess it's possible that James could be this character as well, but my guess has to be Liz. I really don't think they would kill off Wilbur and I don't think anybody would care if they killed off Kimber at this point, but Liz is a character that we all pretty much like and for her to end up dying would be a pretty big shocker.

So what do you guys think?

I dont think it will be Wilbur or Liz. Kimber is the best possibility of the 3, IMO. I am still betting on the easy choice; James. Something is bothering me about the end of this season, probably because of the latest preview I saw where Sean is telling Christian something to the effect of "You are shutting me out of every decision." And also in Christians MySpace blog it says that Sean is trying to sell his interest in the business and we are introduced to a couple who is similar to Julia/Sean. This all makes me think Sean might not be around or something. I know I am probably way off base and paranoid, but this show will do it to ya.

aplourey

[160]Dec 2, 2006
    • level: 34
    I think Julia'll be the person who dies. Joely Richardson is leaving to take care of her ill daughter and face it, it'll create some good storylines next season (if it's renewed, I don't know if it is).
    Edited on 12/02/2006 5:54pm