Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

This Show Needs to End

Neo2TX

[21]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 6
    G-C. After reading your post. I only have one question. What's Makes This Season's Situation Any More Unbelievable than the previous seasons?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

LostSux

[22]Feb 5, 2008
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

LostSux wrote:
    I'm not gonna debte whether nip/tuck is no longer good or not. I just ask that you "I hate Nip/Tuck now" people consolidate your arguments to ONE THREAD!

Nip/Tuck deserves the flak it's taking. I have no intention of trolling other people's threads or de-railing other discussions so what gives you the right to limit my expression?

Answer: Nothing.

In other words, your request is denied.

But we do consolidate our opinions. Every week we have a thread about the episode that week, and discuss it. We don't have 5 threads per episode. And there's no need to insult me. I understand your paranoia about people attacking your statements. Clearly I'm not one of them. I respect your opinion. I was just making a practical suggestion.

randan02

[23]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 10
    LostSux wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

LostSux wrote:
    I'm not gonna debte whether nip/tuck is no longer good or not. I just ask that you "I hate Nip/Tuck now" people consolidate your arguments to ONE THREAD!

Nip/Tuck deserves the flak it's taking. I have no intention of trolling other people's threads or de-railing other discussions so what gives you the right to limit my expression?

But we do consolidate our opinions. Every week we have a thread about the episode that week, and discuss it. We don't have 5 threads per episode. And there's no need to insult me. I understand your paranoia about people attacking your statements. Clearly I'm not one of them. I respect your opinion. I was just making a practical suggestion You bastard.

LostSux

[24]Feb 5, 2008
    randan02 wrote:
    LostSux wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

LostSux wrote:

But we do consolidate our opinions. Every week we have a thread about the episode that week, and discuss it. We don't have 5 threads per episode. And there's no need to insult me. I understand your paranoia about people attacking your statements. Clearly I'm not one of them. I respect your opinion. I was just making a practical suggestion You bastard.

LOL! Randan02, I appreciate your passion, but I was trying to reason with him/her through logic, not insults.

Grammaton-Cleric

[26]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 4

Neo2TX wrote:
    G-C. After reading your post. I only have one question. What's Makes This Season's Situation Any More Unbelievable than the previous seasons?

The issue isn't merely one of believability but also of context. The extreme nature of the first three seasons worked in favor of the show because they were tempered by well structured and interesting storylines. Crazy things happened but they did so through the course of interesting plotlines.

Season 4 and 5 feel like a collection of extreme circumstances patch worked together for the sake of being sensationalistic. The evidence of this is how random the varied the stories have been this year; each episode introduces something extreme but resolution isn't offered and few of these plot devices appear to converge in any meaningful way. What's happened in my estimation is that the show is becoming incredibly convoluted and that in turn will reduce the narrative to shock value tactics rather than compelling storytelling.

Edited on 02/05/2008 10:02am

Grammaton-Cleric

[27]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 4

MadAsHell79 wrote:
    I think it is ridiculous that no one can say ANYTHING critical on the Nip/Tuck boards without being insulted by posters like JaceJones. The original poster is entitled to their opinion and does not deserve to be told to STFU. Their opinion is every bit as valid as yours and was very well articulated whether you agree with them or not. People like you make message boards a really annoying place, and that sucks. We all have the right to be here.

I agree and the funny thing is that the responses have been mostly juvenile attacks and vapid, empty statements of admonishment.

Jace actually responded to your post by stating "You're not paid to think."

Does thisguy actually think he's witty?

We have as much right to post our opinions as those who unconditionally love the show.

JaceJones

[28]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 8
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

JaceJones wrote:

Hey. You see that guy over there? *point* He ordered you a nice, tall glass of STFU. It's on the house. Bottom's up.

That's it? That's all you've got?

No wonder the mediocrity of this show speaks to you so clearly.

Are you kidding? Of course that's not all I got. But I didn't spend the time reading your post. You've said nothing new; I can almost guarantee it. So why should I spend paragraph after paragraph giving you all I have?

JaceJones

[29]Feb 5, 2008
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

MadAsHell79 wrote:
    I think it is ridiculous that no one can say ANYTHING critical on the Nip/Tuck boards without being insulted by posters like JaceJones. The original poster is entitled to their opinion and does not deserve to be told to STFU. Their opinion is every bit as valid as yours and was very well articulated whether you agree with them or not. People like you make message boards a really annoying place, and that sucks. We all have the right to be here.

I agree and the funny thing is that the responses have been mostly juvenile attacks and vapid, empty statements of admonishment.

We have as much right to post our opinions as those who unconditionally love the show.

By the by, I'm known for my wit. I don't have the patience to defend this show episode after episode to each and every one of you. Critics are defending it for me, because as I've read, most critics think this is the best season of Nip/Tuck in a while. So all I have to do is provide snide remarks to make you think twice about coming back to this forum. I think it's safe to say that I'm doing my job, because many of whom I get snappy with don't stick around much afterward.

JaceJones

[31]Feb 5, 2008
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

MadAsHell79 wrote:

By the by, I'm known for my wit. I don't have the patience to defend this show episode after episode to each and every one of you. Critics are defending it for me, because as I've read, most critics think this is the best season of Nip/Tuck in a while. So all I have to do is provide snide remarks to make you think twice about coming back to this forum. I think it's safe to say that I'm doing my job, because many of whom I get snappy with don't stick around much afterward.

Actually, critics are pretty mixed on this season. They liked the initial premiere but many have noted the rapid decent into mediocrity. It's actually pretty hard to miss.

Also, you've just admitted that you let other people do your thinking for you. Critics are merely flesh and blood and they are as prone to mistakes as you or I. You might try thinking for yourself rather than seek out the reinforcement of your ideas from strangers. Being resolute in your own opinion builds character and perhaps, if you were to actually become self-reliant, you'd actually have something more interesting to post than "STFU."

What you don't get is that I'm happy and willing to engage in thoughtful, intelligent debate. Hell, I change my mind all the time and I'll happily give credit where it's due, even if I don't entirely agree with an argument or position.

You however, simply lash out like an animal and while you may think such behavior makes you "witty" or "hardcore" you would do well to understand that people who walk away from such behavior do so because they consider you beneath them.Indifference is worse than contempt.

You think you're winning something here but you're not.

I'm clearly winning because you seem to return over and over and over again, therefore doing away with the very argument that I'm "beneath" you. You're coming back to try and outsmart me when you are far from doing so. I haven't claimed to be "hardcore" so I don't know where that quote is coming from, but witty? Yes, yes I am. :]

I hardly see how letting critics do the talking for me is not thinking for myself. As I've said, I'm tired of defending the show with the same arguement, different idiot. I know it's good, critics know it's good, so if critics get paid to praise it, I'll let them do it. I think for myself regularly (usually to come up with such great things to say like I often do), so I think you're actually all set.

Anything else?

EJnMe

[32]Feb 5, 2008
    • level: 3
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

MadAsHell79 wrote:

Actually, critics are pretty mixed on this season. They liked the initial premiere but many have noted the rapid decent into mediocrity. It's actually pretty hard to miss.

Also, you've just admitted that you let other people do your thinking for you. Critics are merely flesh and blood and they are as prone to mistakes as you or I. You might try thinking for yourself rather than seek out the reinforcement of your ideas from strangers. Being resolute in your own opinion builds character and perhaps, if you were to actually become self-reliant, you'd actually have something more interesting to post than "STFU."

What you don't get is that I'm happy and willing to engage in thoughtful, intelligent debate. Hell, I change my mind all the time and I'll happily give credit where it's due, even if I don't entirely agree with an argument or position.

You however, simply lash out like an animal and while you may think such behavior makes you "witty" or "hardcore" you would do well to understand that people who walk away from such behavior do so because they consider you beneath them.Indifference is worse than contempt.

I'm clearly winning because you seem to return over and over and over again, therefore doing away with the very argument that I'm "beneath" you. You're coming back to try and outsmart me when you are far from doing so. I haven't claimed to be "hardcore" so I don't know where that quote is coming from, but witty? Yes, yes I am. :]

I hardly see how letting critics do the talking for me is not thinking for myself. As I've said, I'm tired of defending the show with the same arguement, different idiot. I know it's good, critics know it's good, so if critics get paid to praise it, I'll let them do it. I think for myself regularly (usually to come up with such great things to say like I often do), so I think you're actually all set.

Anything else?

If you're witty then George Bush is a freakin' genius.

EJnMe

[33]Feb 5, 2008
    JaceJones why don't u go find a life and leave people who have opinions different from urs alone. You weirdo.

ashaikh148

[35]Feb 5, 2008

Look even if you think that the show isn't exactly putting out it's best work this season (which i do but that's besides the point) why would you want it to end? Honestly im not crazy about the last few episodes but at the same time we still have the same amazing cast that won me over in the first place. As long as the show keeps going with majority of these characters in tact there is always a chance for things to get back to that gold standard it was hitting a few seasons ago.

And it's pretty clear a decent amount of people seem to be enjoying this season as it is and that alone is enough to keep the show going. Even if im not crazy about the current story lines getting to watch Julian McMahon and Dylan Walsh act on a weekly basis is still a treat.

JaceJones

[36]Feb 6, 2008
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

MadAsHell79 wrote:

I'm clearly winning because you seem to return over and over and over again, therefore doing away with the very argument that I'm "beneath" you. You're coming back to try and outsmart me when you are far from doing so. I haven't claimed to be "hardcore" so I don't know where that quote is coming from, but witty? Yes, yes I am. :] I hardly see how letting critics do the talking for me is not thinking for myself. As I've said, I'm tired of defending the show with the same arguement, different idiot. I know it's good, critics know it's good, so if critics get paid to praise it, I'll let them do it. I think for myself regularly (usually to come up with such great things to say like I often do), so I think you're actually all set. Anything else?

You're winning because I came back? Earlier you posted that victory was getting me to stay away.

Do you even entertain coherency from time to time or is this really all the ammunition you have, little guy?

I've read your endless posts defending this show and most of it can be distilled into mundane personal insults and the fact that you seem to enjoy whatever they shovel into that empty little mind. I laid out a lengthy stance on why this show has become mediocre and as of yet you have no response for it. You're either lazy or you're out classed.

So by all means, keep slandering me. You've lost this argument by default because you have no counter-argument. You came into this thread with nothing and you have yet to refute a single word I've written.

But thank you for playing the clown. It's been some time since I've met a fool as large and verbose as you, even on the NET.

I'm winning because, with time, your presence shall disappear. And as of now, you're sticking around to try to dish out what I dish out, which is (in my opinion) my victory because my personality alone has become enough to fascinate you to stick around.

To all the posters beforehand...if your opinion was warranted, I would've asked for it. But I think I made it clear that I don't want any other opinons, despite what material that may give you to write about, because I know this show is good and I wish you weren't so mindlessly stoned that you couldn't see it yourself.

Every argument I've thrown forward in other threads counts as a counter-argument to anything you've said. I think I've said my piece about the basic complaints of season five. And, if your complain wasn't logged, it wasn't great enough to begin with.

Now, I may be under the influence right now, but you're still a chump.

melyndag

[37]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    i have to agree with you 110%! i have always been a die hard fan of nip/tuck, but this season has completely tuned me off! nothing makes sense anymore, and seriously, how many times can christian possibly get laid in every episode! on top of that, what ever happened to the episode of the old guy with the chip in his back that the aliens implanted???? why would they just leave that out of the rest of the season? i mean, julia becoming a lesbian? she always played the role of the "awesome stay home mom" with a little bit of her own faults, but then she just turns into a lesbian? AND WTF, "HEARTS AND SCALPELS" is that not just the CHEEZIEST name ever!!!! it makes no sense why they even included that dumb show on the show! then gina and christian getting it on before she dies knowing she has aids? EVERYONE knows he wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole! then, at gina's funeral it seemed like all those stupid weird guys were really trying too hard to make the viewers laugh. POINTLESS! i wasn't impressed. its not believable! the show has taken a crazy turn for the worst!

randan02

[38]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 10
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

MadAsHell79 wrote:

I'm clearly winning because you seem to return over and over and over again, therefore doing away with the very argument that I'm "beneath" you. You're coming back to try and outsmart me when you are far from doing so. I haven't claimed to be "hardcore" so I don't know where that quote is coming from, but witty? Yes, yes I am. :] I hardly see how letting critics do the talking for me is not thinking for myself. As I've said, I'm tired of defending the show with the same arguement, different idiot. I know it's good, critics know it's good, so if critics get paid to praise it, I'll let them do it. I think for myself regularly (usually to come up with such great things to say like I often do), so I think you're actually all set. Anything else?

You're winning because I came back? Earlier you posted that victory was getting me to stay away.

Do you even entertain coherency from time to time or is this really all the ammunition you have, little guy?

I've read your endless posts defending this show and most of it can be distilled into mundane personal insults and the fact that you seem to enjoy whatever they shovel into that empty little mind. I laid out a lengthy stance on why this show has become mediocre and as of yet you have no response for it. You're either lazy or you're out classed.

So by all means, keep slandering me. You've lost this argument by default because you have no counter-argument. You came into this thread with nothing and you have yet to refute a single word I've written.

But thank you for playing the clown. It's been some time since I've met a fool as large and verbose as you, even on the NET.

Now, I may be under the influence right now, but you're still a chump.

Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

melyndag

[39]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 1
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CONNER??????? Julia and Sean's son??? This show is weird now!