Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

This Show Needs to End

  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [41]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:
    JaceJones wrote:

    I'm winning because, with time, your presence shall disappear. And as of now, you're sticking around to try to dish out what I dish out, which is (in my opinion) my victory because my personality alone has become enough to fascinate you to stick around. To all the posters beforehand...if your opinion was warranted, I would've asked for it. But I think I made it clear that I don't want any other opinons, despite what material that may give you to write about, because I know this show is good and I wish you weren't so mindlessly stoned that you couldn't see it yourself. Every argument I've thrown forward in other threads counts as a counter-argument to anything you've said. I think I've said my piece about the basic complaints of season five. And, if your complain wasn't logged, it wasn't great enough to begin with. Now, I may be under the influence right now, but you're still a chump.

    You're winning because you arethe only person playing this weak-sauce game of yours. It's the equivalent of playing yourself at chess or masturbating because you have no competition and no partner so you always come out on top.

    Kudos.

    I've come here on and off for some time and I'll continue to do so; your presence here, while annoying and bothersome, doesn't change the fact that thisplace doesn't belong to you. While I am amazed at your egocentric character traits, the bottom line is that you're similar to every other lonely, wistful little man-child who uses an online avatar to make his microscopic life seem big and important, even if only within the parameters of a message board. There is nothing mystifying or fascinating about you; you are not special.

    Granted, if you actually possessed the ability to string together complicated sentences or could argue my points with logical, informed and interesting counter points it would be a pleasure to trade barbs and witticisms with you. Unfortunately, the very nature of my prose intimidates you so completely that you lash out like a typical bully; big, dumb, and unable to grasp the nuances of argument, you revert to personal attacks.

    Though you may never admit it, my original post intimidates you because much of the writing, vocabulary and concepts are completely beyond you. I've seen you systematically attack and dismember other posts that you disagreed with yet you haven't even approach mine and your buddies seem likewise perplexed.

    So yes, in all fairness, you win. The battle to be the most grating, egocentric, vacuous person in this room is yours by default.

    Egocentri? Vacuous? Grating? Well, first I'd like to thank the Academy.

    I'm all of the above (you forgot shallow!) and I proudly admit it. I didn't make Christian Troy my avatar because I strive to be like him. I've just BEEN like him and seeing as he is my favorite character on the show (except not this season...he's been a little b*tch), I decided he should be my Avatar. It's appropriately fitting. Oh...and I AM special, let that be said. ;]

    If this is a battle of wits, then let me say you're not taking home THAT trophy. You continue to tell me how ridiculous I am and ask me why I don't argue with you about why the show is good or why the show is bad and I've repeatedly told you why. But you return to this thread every so hours, read what I write, and respond as though you should be shocked. News flash kiddo: no one really cares about why you don't like this season of Nip/Tuck. Go ahead; complain and whine all you want. We don't want to argue with you about this. We've done it enough. We're more than 10 episodes into this season. The complaining started right after the premiere. You do the math.

    Lastly, I have to wonder where you get the idea you intimidate me. Do you think the fact that you sit next to your computer with an open dictionary and thesaurus makes you...what was it again? Oh yeah; "hardcore?" Face facts, little one. I'm not intimidated by your vocabulary or your grammar, and I wouldn't be intimidated by your physical presence either (I'd probably laugh at you, actually). Call me what you want: call me a scared little boy who hides behind the safety of his laptop; call me a bully who is dealing with personal issues on the inside that is taken out on others; hell, call me a wannabe if it makes you feel better. No matter what you say (or type), I'm still gonna walk around with my stroked ego and never-ending self-confidence because I know at the end of the day I'm STILL better than you.

    But hey, if you really want to argue about Nip/Tuck, let's argue about Nip/Tuck. Briefly state your issues with the show (because I'm not reading your monologues) and we'll have a little one on one. Whatever it takes to shut you up. The fact that you're not saying anything new is starting to bore me so let's pick up the pace.

    Edited on 02/06/2008 11:36am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ebbydmp

    ebbydmp

    [45]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/24/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 673
    melyndag wrote:
    DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HAPPENED TO CONNER??????? Julia and Sean's son??? This show is weird now!


    There terrible parents what do you think happened to him?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Encablossa

    Encablossa

    [46]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 05/26/05
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 193
    As a fan of this show since season one, I agree with everything Grammaton said. This forum is however filled with prepubescent teens who lack the understanding of quality due to too much MTV. The last episode of Nip/Tuck was malignantly awful to watch, horrible script and lack of direction. This is not the same groundbreaking show we once knew.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of zachaag

    zachaag

    [47]Feb 6, 2008
    • member since: 09/14/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 31
    I agree with GC. I think this season started strong but now the writing seems cheesy and the acting of the side characters is terrible. It seems we seem to be going in circles with story lines but they seem to depreciate in quality. The seem to be throwing out any type of accuracy (kimber punched in eden in the face and it looked like a boxer beat her repeatedly) and seems like its going towards a daytime soap. When escobar and the carver existed i felt a sense of suspense, now when people die i just laugh.  
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Grammaton-Cleric

    Grammaton-Cleric

    [49]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/08/02
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 70

    zachaag wrote:
    I agree with GC. I think this season started strong but now the writing seems cheesy and the acting of the side characters is terrible. It seems we seem to be going in circles with story lines but they seem to depreciate in quality. The seem to be throwing out any type of accuracy (kimber punched in eden in the face and it looked like a boxer beat her repeatedly) and seems like its going towards a daytime soap. When escobar and the carver existed i felt a sense of suspense, now when people die i just laugh.

    I never really considered it but yes, the level of damage caused by Kimber's punch was ridiculous. Very few men could do that with a single blow and even fewer women, yet Kimber, who weighs all of about 120 pounds, apparently can throw shots like Tyson in his prime.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Corko21

    Corko21

    [50]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 658
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

    tjaman wrote:
    Disliking an episode is one thing. Disliking the entire show is another. If you don't like an episode, this is the perfect place to come and say why. If you don't like the show, no one's forcing you to watch it. And complaining about how it's just getting worse and worse, well, no one here is a writer on the show. No one here is involved in production. What are you hoping to accomplish? Anyway, it seems like that's worth one post, not repeated posts. After awhile the Jay Sherman bit starts to read like spam. * shrug * Shows I don't like, I don't watch. Simple as that. You have a remote. Use it.

    This is an open forum to discuss the show. If my arguments and complaints were simplistic and repetitive then I could see your point but I wrote a lengthy and fair critique of the show as it stands currently. It's my honest opinion as a fan so you can either agree or disagree.

    I will continue to post as I see fit. I do notrequire the permission of you or your fanboy lynchmob and since I'm not violating the TOS there isn't much you can do about it.

    The only course of action left to you now is to write an intelligent rebuttal, something I think we all know isn't going to happen.

    I think it's safe to assume from that original thesis that G-C has at least one, if not all of his/her screws loose. Yes, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes, this is certainly the place to discuss it. But, for someone who so clearly seems to believe themselves an intellectual superior to everyone on here, the practice of writing a dissertation about their disgust with a TV show seems, insane. Why don't you type that thing up, and send it along to FX, where someone will care what you actually wrote. No, instead you paste it on here, where the "knuckle-draggers" as you put it, will just attack you.

    Moreover, WHY ARE YOU STILL WATCHING IF YOU HATE THE SHOW SO MUCH?! This is what gets me going more than any of the comments about the show. You clearly have some seething hatred for Nip/Tuck, and yet, you know every detail down to the last episode. Here's a grand idea, go out and do something with yourself, exercise, get a real hobby, read a book, become a taxidermist: because at this point, your "well-articulated" but insane ramblings equate you with all of the other losers on here. Sure you can use bigger words than they do, and write long thought out hate articles...but in the end, you're just as idiotic and insane as they are for returning week after week. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, expecting a new result...

    Write that down.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Corko21

    Corko21

    [51]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 11/04/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 658

    Oh, I almost forgot. Given your past history of rebuttals, I feel it necessary to defend myself pro-actively by stating...

    "I'm rubber and you're glue, whatever you say bounces off me and sticks to you."

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of BleedingBalls

    BleedingBalls

    [52]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 01/25/08
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 64

    Well it's very damn simple: Don't likey? Don't watchy.

    I love this show. I don't care how unrealistic it is. ALL TV shows are unrealistic after all.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Grammaton-Cleric

    Grammaton-Cleric

    [54]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 05/08/02
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 70
    BleedingBalls wrote:

    Well it's very damn simple: Don't likey? Don't watchy.

    I love this show. I don't care how unrealistic it is. ALL TV shows are unrealistic after all.

    The issue isn't just about realism however. Nip/Tuck is great escapism and up until season 4 it was pretty damn well-written and well produced escapism. My point is that the quality has dipped and the show is now more akin to a soap opera.

    If you still like what you're watching that's great. There are certainly worse shows on TV. That said, your comments do not address the point of my original post.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of JaceJones

    JaceJones

    [55]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 10/19/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 2,536
    Grammaton-Cleric wrote:

    JaceJones wrote:
    Oh boy. I wonder if you really have so much time on your hands to constantly post novel after novel of useless chatter. I've never claimed a level of education on this forum to lie about to begin with. I'm a college student, plain and simple. I hardly see how speculating your use of dictionaries and the like "illustrates my lack of education." You're clearly reaching. Which is fine, I realize I'm not giving you much to go off of because your apparent social ineptitude is leaving you in the gutter. Everytime I come back to my room I refresh the Nip/Tuck forum because I know you'll have a response up ten minutes from when I post. Is this all you do, man? You sit here at your desktop with your bucket of KFC chicken breasts and your large drink waiting to see if there's another poster twiddling about on the forums being cooler, in every way imaginable, than you? Give me a break. I've BARELY attacked you at all, young gun. I've just been rather snippy. I realize it makes you feel all important to try to put the local font-boxing champion on his back for the 1-2-3, but to be perfectly honest you should try making yourself matter in the real world, not on this forum. I'd also like to comment on Christian Troy. Yes, he's my favorite character. But no, I do not STRIVE to be like him. I'm similar in a lot of ways, but I don't have him as my Avatar because I do everything he does. I think you're all set. And considering I started working on my dream career before I even got to junior year in high school, I'm getting a college education, I'm surrounded by people who want to be around me at all times of the day, and I look good doing every single one of those things, I'd say I'm pretty successful thus far. Let's be real: looking good is probably a foreign concept to you. But it's not always the book smarts and the endless vocabulary that will carry you into success, my friend. In today's society, you have to have a great appearance to get anything accomplished. I've got what it takes. I'm gonna enjoy my college experience right now and tackle to work force afterward. You go ahead and reminisce about the days you wasted trying to tackle book after book in order to out-word someone. One day, I'll reminisce about how I became so much more than you ever could. Finally, it's not that I can't read your mumbo-jumbo about how you hate Nip/Tuck. It's that I don't want to. I'll stick around your thread a little bit longer though, Goldilocks. You're actually starting to entertain me during this horrible weather we're having.

    The fact that you're a college student doesn't surprise me a bit. You sound young and arrogant and full of yourself, placing you in precisely the demographic I assumed. Like so many people these days, you equate being a student with actually knowing something, even though the concepts of being a student and being educated can often be mutually exclusive.

    As to your personal attacks of me, yawn.

    I know who I am and I certainly don't need to preen on a message board to prove it. To be fair I am older than you and thus further along in my life, career, and education, so perhaps in time, assuming you actually listen to your professors and put your own arrogance aside, you'll get to a point in your own life where you'll let your intelligence shine through rather than debase yourself and others with adolescent nonsense.

    Lastly, your own talk of how great and awesome you are in comparison to me is a bit paradoxical. You've tried to paint of picture of me as some bloated, sad loser sitting by the computer waiting for your responses yet your own post count is literally in the thousands.

    If you really are the king of awesome, if you're life really is so much better than mine, if the women flow like water and everybody wants to hang out with you, why are you in here and posting far more than I?

    And kudos for continuing to find feeble excuses as to why you cannot and will not address the main points of my original post. The fact that you referred to my writing as "mumbo-jumbo" illustrates what the modern American Educational system has become.



    YES! Arrogant college student = me. Glad you understand that much, seeing as you can't seem to understand the concept BleedingBalls (LOL @ that name) threw out at you: don't likey, don't watchy. Seriously, I'll take a step further and say "don't likey, don't watchy, don't show up on here-y." And don't worry about how well I do in my college career: rest assured my generation and I will be taking your job from you in less than 10 years. ;]

    As I always have brought up, yes my posts are within the thousands. But my posts are within the thousands over a span of...I think it's 4 years I've been here now? 3 or 4. To be perfectly frank, I don't spend every waking moment on this forum. I'm usually out and about. It's typically when I wake up and I have time left before I have to leave, when I get back from class, or when I'm procrastinating my homework that you'll see me on here causing a riot. I find it entertaining and a satisfactory distraction. However, I know that is has to be what your life is all about, so I have no quarrels coming on here and giving you something to care about more than the pathetic existence God has willed you.

    And thanks! :] Like I said, if I wanted to read your nonsense about how Nip/Tuck sucks, I would've read it. And at this point and time, I would never read it no matter what. I got my pride, ya know? And my valuable time I wouldn't like to waste.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [59]Feb 7, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Erm, not to become a target for another barrage of ... contemplation, but I've submitted two episode reviews for discussion since this thread started and they're largely untouched, while the ad hominem stuff is raging fast and furious in here.

    If anyone wants to debate the points of the show as it has aired, I'm hanging around in the episode discussion threads (if my level of literacy is worthy of acknowledgment).
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.