Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

What's Your Favorite Season of "Nip/Tuck?"

Favorite Season?

moviemac7

[21]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 7

Season 2 is by far the best in my opinion.  How can you not love Ava?  She was so evil and yet she still made you love her.  Well maybe not evil, but she was a little messed up in the head.  I also liked all the directions the characters were thrown into.

Season 1 comes in a close second.  It was new and it had nothing to lose.  By far the most gutsiest season to date.  And Escobar was awesome.

Season 3 a distant third.  While there were some I liked, there were some I didn't.  The Carver series was finished but it really started in S2, and that's where most of the intrigue for this story line came from.  The finale kinda ruined it for me though.  Quentin should have been more ruthless, and not so stereotypical as the villian.  Kinda reminded me of superhero comics, where all the villians monologue about their plans.

Then Season 4.  I had no problem with it.  I thought James was an awesome villian, especially after what she did to Reefer(I think that was his name).  But honestly do I really need to say what ruined it.  Connor 2026 and the departure of Joely Richardson.  The least they could have done was found some way for her to go out with a bang.

Edited on 02/27/2007 7:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

clabrazil

[22]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 11
    Season 3 definitely!!! I loved the Carver plot!!!!

lhotkami

[23]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    clabrazil wrote:
    So when is the Carver coming back because we know he is still alive and found out there are two of them, I thought this was going to show up in Season 4, but was disappointed.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 8:37pm

seantuck

[24]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 8
    My favorite had always been the First Season but after my 1,000th reviewing of the seasons, I now think that Season 2 is my favorite!

clabrazil

[25]Mar 2, 2007
    • level: 11
    lhotkami wrote:
    clabrazil wrote:
    So when is the Carver coming back because we know he is still alive and found out there are two of them, I thought this was going to show up in Season 4, but was disappointed.

Maybe season five or even season seix.... like with Escobar Gallardo, who came back only in season 4.....

sheepdogg23

[26]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 3
    Season 2 is obviously my favorite, and I really don't think season 3 is as bad as everyone says it is, sure they may have drug the carver storyline out a wee too much, but I still really liked it. Then it's season 4 followed by 1.

niptuckSean

[27]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 13
    Season 2 > Season 1 > Season 4 = Season 3

Season 4 had one of the best starts of any season but completely blew it IMO.

lostcy

[28]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 20
    Season 2 is the best of all.The story with Ava and the beggining of the Carver's story made that season awesome.
    3rd season was very good because of the Curver.
    1st and 4th season were OK ,with some wonderful episodes but most of the episodes were boring.

SMGslayer97

[29]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 34
    lhotkami wrote:
    clabrazil wrote:

I don't think they'll bring him back and if they ever did I doubt it would be even close to any time soon.

SleepTight

[30]Aug 16, 2007
    • level: 36
    Season 3: The most enjoyable for me. It has the Carver.
    Season 2: I think this season has the best AND worst episodes of the show. But the good far overweights the not so good. Plus, Ava.
    Season 1: Great start
    Season 4: Nice, and underrated season. But not as enjoyable as the other three.

SouhilaInParis

[31]Aug 16, 2007
    Huge season 4 fan , all the way , but other seasons were awesome too , though season 3 was too dark for me !

Giggabite

[32]Aug 17, 2007
    • level: 4

I love the series as a whole, but if i had to pick one, it'd be season one. I loved the character of Escobar and the first season was just so awesome. It was a hard choice cause i do love them all. Season 2 did have THE greatest cliffhanger of all time, and i actually had to wait till i bought series 3 on dvd to find out what happened and i was chomping at the bit i can tell ya

One of my favourite TV shows ever, the soundtrack, the stories, the characters, the drama, the humour it has it all.

aznfairy408

[33]Aug 27, 2007
    • level: 2

Season 1 & 2: was so Good, exciting, edgy, unpredictable and so addicting that I fell in love w/ the show!

Season 3: finding out and making guesses on who the Carver was a mystery to the show and the season has it's ups and downs

Season 4 : was not my favorite because the storylines for the season were stupid, silly, too predictable, and focusing too much on Michelle& James stealing kidneys.

DrRosenRosen

[34]Aug 30, 2007
    • level: 2
    Ultimately my favorite season will be the one where Julia dies, followed closely by the season where Matt is killed off. If that happens in the same season I'll feel like I hit the lottery.

skeeter291

[35]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 60
    I'm going to have to go with season 1 as my favorite.

Seaig

[36]Sep 17, 2007
    • level: 12
    Season 2 - Was perfection and is easily the best season, specifically because of the Ava storyline.

Season 4 - Right up there with Season 2, but it comes in 2nd because the Ava storyline is what made Season 2 as good as it was. I loved how Season 4 wrapped up all the proceeding seasons and filled in all the loose ends. The kidney harvesting was an exhilirating storyline and I loved how they created it by branching off from Escobar's kidney harvesting statement in Season 1.

Seasons 1/3 - Both amazing and tie for a deserving 3rd place. Season 1 introduced all the storylines and characters very well and Season 3's carver storyline was intense as hell.

zachaag

[37]Sep 19, 2007
    • level: 7
    season 2 as a whole has to be my favorite. i loved ava and carver ideas. season 1 would be next because escobar was the best villian. season 3 i liked but i thought it had some empty episodes in the middle. the whole spa plotline completely put me to sleep. also, it might be stereotypical but it did lose major points for the finale. the last is season 4. it had its moments and good episodes but there is way too much left unexplained (same problem with the carver revealing). if escobar didnt make a triumphant return last season it may have turned me off of the show. i am looking forward to season 5 and hope the writers have something original for us.

BenRyan33

[38]Sep 20, 2007
    • level: 16
    I don't know what exactly it was about S2 that I loved, but there was just so much that I enjoyed. Ava, the paternity test events and the fallout, tying up the hit and run story line, the 3-way with the hooker, the intro of the Carver, Joan Rivers... Enough said.

Seaig

[39]Sep 21, 2007
    • level: 12
    BenRyan33 wrote:
    I don't know what exactly it was about S2 that I loved, but there was just so much that I enjoyed. Ava, the paternity test events and the fallout, tying up the hit and run story line, the 3-way with the hooker, the intro of the Carver, Joan Rivers... Enough said.

You took the words right out of my mouth.

sundaysfad

[40]Sep 21, 2007
    First, I liked season 3 the best! I liked it because it focused on the Carver and Kimber and Christian's relationship.

Second, would have to be season 2! I loved the Ava storyline and of course the Kimber episode with her and the doll.

Third, season 4. It was okay, i didnt like the storyline with Julia and the nanny guy. The kidney thing was somewhat interesting. But, it wasnt all that great. I did like the end though. When they both left.

Fourth, season 1. Only for the reason that I forgot what happens lol.