TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Where's Connor??

  • Avatar of Mr_Ozzy

    Mr_Ozzy

    [1]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 04/28/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 270
    Am not going to go on about how bad this season has been (in almost everyway), but anyway, about halfway thru the finale I realised, we haven't seen the baby in aaaaaaaages.

    And seeing as Sean and Christian pretty much work full-time, Julia has been sick for months, and whats-her-face (portia di rossi's character) has been gone for ages too.....

    Who is looking after the baby?? We've only seen him once or twice early on in the season, and Connor is never mentioned by any of the main characters....

    Have they forgotten he even exists?

    At this point I don't care, because I don't think show will ever be as good as it was, but just wondered if I missed anything or if other people noticed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [2]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Sean, when talking to Julia, said they have three beautiful children, so no, they haven't forgotten he exists.

    It took me a long time to realize that when Christian was talking about his three kids, the "one who isn't even his own" he was referring to was Wilber. I haven't seen him in ages either.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Senzol04

    Senzol04

    [3]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 09/06/06
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 74
    These are the type of continuity errors I can't stand...
    I completely agree.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of duranimal

    duranimal

    [4]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 08/03/06
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 5

    tjaman wrote:
    Sean, when talking to Julia, said they have three beautiful children, so no, they haven't forgotten he exists. It took me a long time to realize that when Christian was talking about his three kids, the "one who isn't even his own" he was referring to was Wilber. I haven't seen him in ages either.

    They just did an episode where Christian has to explain to him that Gina died- the one where his day care teacher said Wilbur was acting out and biting other kids, but being Nip/Tuck it was the teacher who had the biting problem.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [5]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    duranimal wrote:

    tjaman wrote:
    Sean, when talking to Julia, said they have three beautiful children, so no, they haven't forgotten he exists. It took me a long time to realize that when Christian was talking about his three kids, the "one who isn't even his own" he was referring to was Wilber. I haven't seen him in ages either.

    They just did an episode where Christian has to explain to him that Gina died- the one where his day care teacher said Wilbur was acting out and biting other kids, but being Nip/Tuck it was the teacher who had the biting problem.



    I know, but given the nature of this show, if the children aren't at least plot adjacent, they're nowhere to be seen. Do you remember seeing Wilber except for like that episode and the season premiere? Same with Conor -- he's been in like a scene this season. At least Annie got a sort of plot arc, but she's only been in a few. And have we seen even the top of Jemma's head this season?

    Everything they do is all about their kids but you never see them! Just my observation.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DresserBoys

    DresserBoys

    [6]Feb 20, 2008
    • member since: 06/26/06
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 325

    I just figured that Connor was with Julia's Mom in New York or whatever Julia took him and Annie after Season 4.

    But Yeah this is a question we all thought about

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tguedry82

    tguedry82

    [7]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 161

    You know one of the reason I was thinking they might not have had Wilbur and Connor around too much is because of the content of the show! I mean, I know they can edit things around them having to be involved with the vulgar stuff, but they would still get a pretty huge dose of some major adult content material! I don't know how it works in Hollywood with under-aged (especially toddlers) actors in these kinds of shows, but I think they push it pretty far just with Annie.

    Besides, i think there was so much revolving around everyone else's story arcs there just wasn't room for giving Connor much story. They def. could have explained a few times, "yeah, he's with mom in NY" or something...but I never found it distracting to the story, and I think they more or less gave Wilbur enough, the only thing I could see is they could have shown more interaction of him with Gina, so it made since that he actually missed her when she was gone.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [8]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Heck, even the scenes Wilber is in, some of the language is ... jeez, when Christian was talking about how horrible Gina was, I really hoped he was delivering some of those lines to an empty chair and they only brought the child in for some of them.

    "Is mommy a skank?"

    Wild freeqin' line.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of randan02

    randan02

    [9]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 08/19/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 834
    tjaman wrote:
    duranimal wrote:

    tjaman wrote:
    Sean, when talking to Julia, said they have three beautiful children, so no, they haven't forgotten he exists. It took me a long time to realize that when Christian was talking about his three kids, the "one who isn't even his own" he was referring to was Wilber. I haven't seen him in ages either.

    They just did an episode where Christian has to explain to him that Gina died- the one where his day care teacher said Wilbur was acting out and biting other kids, but being Nip/Tuck it was the teacher who had the biting problem.



    And have we seen even the top of Jemma's head this season?


    Who's Jemma?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tguedry82

    tguedry82

    [10]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 161
    tjaman wrote:
    Heck, even the scenes Wilber is in, some of the language is ... jeez, when Christian was talking about how horrible Gina was, I really hoped he was delivering some of those lines to an empty chair and they only brought the child in for some of them.

    "Is mommy a skank?"

    Wild freeqin' line.


    Yeah! I forgot to mension that...I'm sure they did that, and then just had him deliver that one line...although I have to admit...that was my favorite line/scene of the season! LOL
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tguedry82

    tguedry82

    [11]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 12/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 161
    randan02 wrote:
    tjaman wrote:
    duranimal wrote:

    tjaman wrote:
    Sean, when talking to Julia, said they have three beautiful children, so no, they haven't forgotten he exists. It took me a long time to realize that when Christian was talking about his three kids, the "one who isn't even his own" he was referring to was Wilber. I haven't seen him in ages either.

    They just did an episode where Christian has to explain to him that Gina died- the one where his day care teacher said Wilbur was acting out and biting other kids, but being Nip/Tuck it was the teacher who had the biting problem.

    I think he meant Jenna, Matt and Kimber's daugter. I'm positive Kimber named her after the famous porn star, Jenna Elfman. And have we seen even the top of Jemma's head this season?
    Who's Jemma?

    I think he meant Jenna, Matt and Kimber's daughter. I'm positive she named her after her idol and famous porn star, Jenna Jameson.

    Edited on 02/21/2008 7:26am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of randan02

    randan02

    [13]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 08/19/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 834
    Oh, ok. When he said "the top of Jemma's head" I though he meant someone proficient in blow jobs. Which is Why Matt's one year old daughter was the last person in my mind. Although given who "Jemma's" mom is.......................
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of randan02

    randan02

    [14]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 08/19/05
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 834
    Okay, maybe that was a little harsh..........
    Edited on 02/21/2008 8:06am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of LostSux

    LostSux

    [15]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/29/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 897
    randan02 wrote:
    Okay, maybe that was a little harsh..........

    BUT YOU'RE ALL THINKIN' IT!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of AndreCSU

    AndreCSU

    [16]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 03/12/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 87

    LostSux wrote:
    randan02 wrote:
    Okay, maybe that was a little harsh..........
    BUT YOU'RE ALL THINKIN' IT!
    You're right LostSux. randan02 let us all off the hook.

    Everyone wants steak, but no one wants to thank the butcher.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [17]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    That is who I meant. Sorry -- I thought I heard "Jemma."

    I'm unfamiliar with Jenna's work, though I've no doubt it's delightful.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Hikki26

    Hikki26

    [18]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/30/07
    • level: 15
    • rank: Ginsu Knife
    • posts: 33
    I'm sorry for the ignorance but... who is Connor?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tjaman

    tjaman

    [19]Feb 21, 2008
    • member since: 04/23/05
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 16,306
    Sean and Julia's "oops" baby. He was born last season.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ebbydmp

    ebbydmp

    [20]Feb 24, 2008
    • member since: 05/24/06
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 673
    Connor's to young to be interesting and that's why they don't show him that much. When he's old enough to hate his parents, get hooked on drugs, or have sex with anything that has a hole he'll been seen more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.