Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Who wants Ava to come back for the 5th Season

Would you like it if Ava returned to stir up some trouble in the show?

moviemac7

[1]Mar 4, 2007
    • level: 7

I'm just wondering whether all of you think it would be cool if Ava actually came back into the show.

I actually think it would be really cool.  She was my favorite villian by far in the series.

Edited on 03/10/2007 10:01am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SMGslayer97

[2]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 34
    Eh...I don't know. Honestly I would like to see her come back but it would depend on what exactly she comes back for because honestly Escobar's return was really disappointing to me and I really felt like it took away from the ending they gave his character in the season 1 finale. Though I think with Ava it would probably be different I would prefer them not bringing her back at all rather then bring her back and have it sort of take away from her character. Ava was a genius character so I would really hate to see a reprieve done wrong.

tjaman

[3]Mar 5, 2007
    • level: 32
    Yeah -- Ava's biggest storyline was more or less Matt-centric. If he's not in it, I don't need to see her, either.

nellyg619

[4]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 17
    no tbh, i just dont reli want her 2 come back, gut feelin tht it wouldnt do much

thejoe8pizza

[5]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 9
    rumor has it she is returning but they already know she a man so I don't know what else could happen

SMGslayer97

[6]Mar 9, 2007
    thejoe8pizza wrote:
    rumor has it she is returning but they already know she a man so I don't know what else could happen

Well, with Ava I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt because we don't know how they will bring her back and what it will entail. With Escobar I was so done with him long before his return in season 4 and felt like it took away from his original ending. It was one thing to have him pop up in hallucinations because that's honestly not a problem for me but to bring him back all together felt pointless and if it weren't for them finally just getting rid of him I might have been a little apprenhensive about Ava returning but like I said I'm willing to stick with the benefit of the doubt thing, until I actually see how they bring her back. Then I'll pass judgment.

lhotkami

[7]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 8
    I liked Ava when she was a life coach and intelligent, but later on I lost all interest for her, I think she is disgusting!  Whoever made this topic, please correct the title!

Seaig

[8]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 12
    Ava was the best thing to ever happen to Nip/Tuck, if they bring her back it needs to be with an even better storyline than in season 2 which is going to be hard as hell to beat.

Ava_Moore

[9]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 3
    Darling, I'm more interesting than you can possibly imagine.

SMGslayer97

[10]Mar 10, 2007
    Ava_Moore wrote:
    Darling, I'm more interesting than you can possibly imagine.

Outstanding.

gfhghdgh

[11]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 2

I do, as long as the show her in her bra/ panties, some lingerie.

Or if she has a nice sex scene, then i want her back.

Even though she's a transexual in the show, the real famkee janseeen is hot as hell

FaithTheSlayer

[12]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 21
    Seaig wrote:
    Ava was the best thing to ever happen to Nip/Tuck, if they bring her back it needs to be with an even better storyline than in season 2 which is going to be hard as hell to beat.

Yes, I completely agree.
    Dont bring her back for some crappy storyline.

moviemac7

[13]Mar 14, 2007
    • level: 7

Yeah I do agree.  They need to come up with a great storyline, that will only expand upon her character, before they even think about bringing her back.  Not ruin it, like they did with Escobar last season.

But I would still like to see her return to the series.  She was one of the best parts of the show, in my opinion

Edited on 03/14/2007 8:15pm

SMGslayer97

[14]Mar 15, 2007
    Well, I remember when they brought her back for that brief but at the start of season 3 (as a hallucination of Matt's) and all I kept thinking was rip off so it would be nice to see her again but as we have all been talking about it would have to be done right.

Seaig

[15]Mar 20, 2007
    • level: 12
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    Well, I remember when they brought her back for that brief but at the start of season 3 (as a hallucination of Matt's) and all I kept thinking was rip off so it would be nice to see her again but as we have all been talking about it would have to be done right.

When that episode first aired I thought somewhere during the third season Ava would turn up but they took Matt's character in a completely different direction and made new storylines for him, and suddenly Ava was forgotten and her story wasn't finished. Then the fourth season started and they branched off his season 3 storyline and still Ava was forgotten. Basically, Matt was on his way to France in the beginning of season 3 to be with Ava, some sh*t happens, Matt is absent a few episodes, he comes back and he has a completely new storyline and Ava is a thing of the past. Very upsetting.

SMGslayer97

[16]Mar 20, 2007
    Seaig wrote:
    SMGslayer97 wrote:

When that episode first aired I thought somewhere during the third season Ava would turn up but they took Matt's character in a completely different direction and made new storylines for him, and suddenly Ava was forgotten and her story wasn't finished. Then the fourth season started and they branched off his season 3 storyline and still Ava was forgotten. Basically, Matt was on his way to France in the beginning of season 3 to be with Ava, some sh*t happens, Matt is absent a few episodes, he comes back and he has a completely new storyline and Ava is a thing of the past. Very upsetting.

That's what makes me think that it wouldn't be the same as when Escobar came back, his story line felt done when they brought him back in season (though I am glad that they finally killed him off, I can come to grips with his return because of that fact) but with her you could really say that her storyline wasn't completed.

wastedaudio

[17]Mar 31, 2007
    • level: 14
    I loved Ava, she was my favorite villian. She was more interesting than all the characters on the show combined. I hope she comes back for season 5, but not as a main storyline though; that's been done before.  I'd love to see her again.

cez01

[18]Feb 7, 2008
    • level: 2
    I want anything that would be good for Nip Tuck to return to its peak. Ava was a spark of genius and perverse reality. I want her to come back only if they did her story some justice with whats she even doing right now.

tguedry82

[19]Feb 8, 2008
    • level: 9

Wow, I'm really surprised so many people didn't like Escobar's return! I might not have been as thrilled with it being the finale, but I thought it was a very strong storyline involving his burned face, and Merrill being his prison b**** was great! Even the story involving his wife I thought was really great, even if I didn't want it to be the finale, it was done pretty well, and it was a good lead into the move I thought, but I know many disagree!

I think Ava was definitely one of the greatest characters they ever had. I don't even think I'd call her a villain, but she sure stirred stuff up very well. She was such a passionate character too, that's what I loved about her, even if she was ultimately a man! If they brought her back, I am confident they would give her one helluva story rather than ruin her, but I would prefer them to finish this season around what they already have going and perhaps bring her in next season. I think they have a lot to settle up on for this years finale!

BenoitFan989

[20]Feb 12, 2008
    • level: 6
    YESS they need her back. I remember that was my favorite storyline for nip/tuck of all time. Yes even more than the Carver. Ava was around when NT was really edgy. I think they should bring her back to shake things up a bit.