Nip/Tuck Forums

FX (ended 2010)

Wierdest Phase

LockedFaith

[1]Feb 11, 2007
    • level: 7
    Nip/Tuck has taken several twists and turns along the road, with even more twisted scenarios. Which weird phase annoyed you guys the most, and who was it? (I still love the show to bits though lol)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Feb 14, 2007
    • level: 32
    Matt hooking up with the white supremacist.

Xx_King_Beef_xX

[3]Feb 15, 2007
    • level: 10

I think the whole Spa De La Mer was the thing that annoyed me the most. That entire arc seriously just annoyed me to no end. It was completely pointless. They didn't even do anything with it. When season 4 began, it was just like they said screw it and only mentioned it like once or twice all season. I'm not complaining that they ditched the idea.. I'm just complaining that they never should have even started it. It was totally out of place. Seems like the only reason they even started that arc was to have Julia and Quentin in the hot tub and the spunk cream so that Kit could accuse Liz of being the Carver.

Edited on 02/15/2007 7:35am

EnterTheTekken

[4]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 9
    The whole return of Escobar Gallardo.  From his surgery, his escape, and the whole James scenario, it was contrived and streched beyond belief.  How he managed to shoot perfectly 4-5 guards in the head, evade FBI surveillance, continously break into Sean's house without anyone noticing, how that yuppie couple thought he was the Handyman (he had a SUIT on for Christ's sakes!), and how he somehow organized a worldwide organ smuggling ring in the same town without any FBI interference was ridiculous.  I understand he was a fan favorite, but the way he was manipulated at Season 1's conclusion was the perfect closure for his character and it was simply tainted this season.

SMGslayer97

[5]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 34
    EnterTheTekken wrote:
    The whole return of Escobar Gallardo.  From his surgery, his escape, and the whole James scenario, it was contrived and streched beyond belief.  How he managed to shoot perfectly 4-5 guards in the head, evade FBI surveillance, continously break into Sean's house without anyone noticing, how that yuppie couple thought he was the Handyman (he had a SUIT on for Christ's sakes!), and how he somehow organized a worldwide organ smuggling ring in the same town without any FBI interference was ridiculous.  I understand he was a fan favorite, but the way he was manipulated at Season 1's conclusion was the perfect closure for his character and it was simply tainted this season.

I agree with you completely, it made me so glad that they brought him back to kill him off. Now, as long as he stays gone this time things will be good.

Sebby543

[6]Feb 18, 2007
    • level: 5
    Don't be surprised if they bring him back from the dead... lol

SMGslayer97

[7]Feb 19, 2007
    Sebby543 wrote:
    Don't be surprised if they bring him back from the dead... lol

Well, if they brought him back like in a hallucination or a dream that would be fine with me. That stuff isn't really a big deal I just didn't like how they brought him back for real, I mean they just gave him such a great ending at the end of season 1 I felt like his season 4 return sort of took away from it.

otherStringer

[8]Feb 23, 2007
    • level: 4
    EnterTheTekken wrote:
    The whole return of Escobar Gallardo. From his surgery, his escape, and the whole James scenario, it was contrived and streched beyond belief. How he managed to shoot perfectly 4-5 guards in the head, evade FBI surveillance, continously break into Sean's house without anyone noticing, how that yuppie couple thought he was the Handyman (he had a SUIT on for Christ's sakes!), and how he somehow organized a worldwide organ smuggling ring in the same town without any FBI interference was ridiculous. I understand he was a fan favorite, but the way he was manipulated at Season 1's conclusion was the perfect closure for his character and it was simply tainted this season.

Yes, I agree, it was really poor. The ep which annoyed me the most however, was the one in season 4 where Sean was imagining where they would all be in 20 years time. It was total pap.

SMGslayer97

[9]Feb 23, 2007
    otherStringer wrote:
    EnterTheTekken wrote:
    The whole return of Escobar Gallardo. From his surgery, his escape, and the whole James scenario, it was contrived and streched beyond belief. How he managed to shoot perfectly 4-5 guards in the head, evade FBI surveillance, continously break into Sean's house without anyone noticing, how that yuppie couple thought he was the Handyman (he had a SUIT on for Christ's sakes!), and how he somehow organized a worldwide organ smuggling ring in the same town without any FBI interference was ridiculous. I understand he was a fan favorite, but the way he was manipulated at Season 1's conclusion was the perfect closure for his character and it was simply tainted this season.

Yes, I agree, it was really poor. The ep which annoyed me the most however, was the one in season 4 where Sean was imagining where they would all be in 20 years time. It was total pap.

The concept of showing the future like that was good but I do think it was really a let down, I mean they basicly pigeon holed where everyone could or would go. Takes away some of the surprise.

vokilj

[10]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 10
    It kind of annoyed me that Annie got very little camera time in seasons three and four. She had a lot more to do in season two (including her pubrity story line) but I hate when a show just stops using a character. At least have her walking in the background or watching tv or playing with dolls or something.

SMGslayer97

[11]Feb 28, 2007
    vokilj wrote:
    It kind of annoyed me that Annie got very little camera time in seasons three and four. She had a lot more to do in season two (including her pubrity story line) but I hate when a show just stops using a character. At least have her walking in the background or watching tv or playing with dolls or something.

Well, I think what's happening with Annie is that she is young and obviously can't work as many hours because of child labor laws so it's not as though they can have her on screen that much.

wastedaudio

[12]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 14

Every episode in Season 4.

SMGslayer97

[13]Apr 2, 2007
    wastedaudio wrote:

Every episode in Season 4.

I kind of agree. I mean so far season four has been my least facorite season. It's not like I hated it or anything even close to that but I just didn't like a lot of what was going. Michelle, James (I know a lot of people liked her but I just didn't find her appealing), the rehashing of Julia and Sean cheating and spliting up yet again, the return of Escobar (though I am glad they finally put him in the ground for good), everything they did to Matt including the ever crazy Kimber who I kind of started to dislike this season. Though I do like that they returned Wilbur to Christian and moved the business to Hollywood, it'll make for a great season five.

Kev3331

[14]Apr 2, 2007
    • level: 9
    I actually enjoyed most of season 4 and I thought it was a return to form after a somewhat uneven season 3 which really lost steam in the middle, the Carver was put on the back burner and instead we were treated to episodes like "Frankenlaura" and all of the Witness Protection Progam eps which were needless. And when they did get back to the Carver it was so painfully obvious that it was Quentin that I didn't even care anymore, and the Kit is his sister/partner in crime just felt so tacked on. I think that was the shows weirdest phase, it just didn't feel like the same old nip/tuck anymore.

luc7ky

[15]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 16

tjaman wrote:

yeah I hated that  too. 

SMGslayer97

[16]Apr 5, 2007
    luc7ky wrote:

tjaman wrote:

yeah I hated that  too. 

Ariel, that was totally random. And you know we still haven't gotten any closure to what went down in the season 3 finale between Matt, Cherry, and Ariel's father.

Sucres_Sweetie

[17]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    Kev3331 wrote:
    I actually enjoyed most of season 4 and I thought it was a return to form after a somewhat uneven season 3 which really lost steam in the middle, the Carver was put on the back burner and instead we were treated to episodes like "Frankenlaura" and all of the Witness Protection Progam eps which were needless. And when they did get back to the Carver it was so painfully obvious that it was Quentin that I didn't even care anymore, and the Kit is his sister/partner in crime just felt so tacked on. I think that was the shows weirdest phase, it just didn't feel like the same old nip/tuck anymore.

Yea thats true hopefully this next season will return to just focusing on the two main characters instead of all the unnecessary added drama

niptuckSean

[18]May 10, 2007
    • level: 13
    The entire "3rd and 4th season phase" AKA the "Half The Show Phase". =\

Neo2TX

[19]May 11, 2007
    • level: 6
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    luc7ky wrote:

tjaman wrote:

yeah I hated that  too. 

Ariel, that was totally random. And you know we still haven't gotten any closure to what went down in the season 3 finale between Matt, Cherry, and Ariel's father.

This is not true it definately got clousure. In the second episode of season 4. matt tells kimber that Ariels father is in jail, and cherry died. "she "was" my friend. says matt with tears in his eyes.

SMGslayer97

[20]May 11, 2007
    Neo2TX wrote:
    SMGslayer97 wrote:
    luc7ky wrote:

tjaman wrote:

yeah I hated that  too. 

This is not true it definately got clousure. In the second episode of season 4. matt tells kimber that Ariels father is in jail, and cherry died. "she "was" my friend. says matt with tears in his eyes.

What? I remember the part about Ariel's dad being in jail but I don't remember then saying Cherry died. It says this in the trivia section for that episode "...Alderman was not killed when Cherry Peck shot him...he was arrested and is serving time in a Florida state correctional facility. Matt also implied that he saved Cherry's life by getting her to a hospital in time."

And what I meant is that it was never really talked about much again, except for that one little mention. We never saw Cherry again.

Edited on 05/11/2007 4:56pm