Nip/Tuck

Giselle Blaylock and Legend Chandler

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 03, 2009 on FX

• Season Finale

I thought the episode was good and mostly unpredictable. I was pleased to see Sean refuse the nitrous initially and a little disappointed to see him try it later. Although he was clearly upset over Christian, so it is understandable. I wasn't surprised that Teddy murdered the other man, but was initially surprised that there was another man. The revelation that Christian is in remission was a little surprising. I have one major problem with that whole last seen. Christian's doctor tells him the reason that he was given the wrong test results initially was due to HIPAA regulations causing them to use patient ID's instead of names when performing the tests. For those of you who may not know, HIPAA stands for the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act. One of this act's main issues is security and privacy of health data. Right after the doctor tells Christian about the patient ID's, he tells Christian the other patient's name. This totally defeats the purpose of what caused the mix-up to begin with. Now, not only can Christian sue him for his false results, the other patient can sue him for her false results and for violation of privacy. I don't think the writers thought this through. They really dropped the ball.