Nip/Tuck

Jenny Juggs

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 04, 2009 on FX

• Forgotten Mammaries

5.5
    I wasn't enamored with Teddy's storyline this episode. While I loved the things they did with her last week (which were both creepy and effective), her actual master plan was pretty weak. Plus, the entire opera-nutcase thing came way out of left-field. The plausibility of a murdering psycho conveniently running into yet another murdering psycho is just too ridiculous, even for this show. I did feel bad for her right at the end though when she ran back into the R.V., however, but maybe that's just because it's Rose McGowan. Wonder what happened to her...

The entire Jenny Juggs story did not work at all. I take it their inspiration was that real lady who smashes things up with her enormous breasts, something I'm sure I've seen on YouTube or whatever years ago. But the actual storyline was pretty terrible. It had nothing to do with the rest of the episode, unlike patients like Enigma or the mask guy last episode, and just felt too over-the-top. Julian McMahon, Roma Maffia and Nurse Linda all looked pretty embarrassed by it. If the writers were hoping they'd created another Candy Richards-style comedy recurring character, they screwed up bad.

Matt's mime bandit-try is too silly to center an entire episode around. I liked it as a minor subplot in the season premiere, but it just didn't work here. Nothing that happened was entirely surprising either, it just reminded me too much of when he was a meth junkie, even ending with a climatic cliffhanger involving some kind of freak injury. Annoying. Hopefully it's over with.

A generally muted and unfocused episode. Unconvincing and (dare I say it) almost boring. But the rest of the season has been so strong so far that I'll excuse one bad hour.

Director: Jesse Bochco
    Writer: Jennifer Salt
    Rating: C-
  • OMG OMG PERFECT EPISODE!!!

Where do i start? the pateint Jenny Juggs has the biggest jugs ever! Thats just a subplot. We continue on with Matt making more money with being a "Mime" little does sean or christian know that he robs people for it. Teddy plans a camping trip with sean, annie, and conor. She does some crazy scheme I cannot beleive what happened! Matt continues to rob people when it bites him in the ass at the end of the episode! The previews for the next episode looks soooo good! I cannot wait! this season is turning out to be one of the best! Julia will be back next episode cant wait! 10/10 PERFECT!!!!!
  • Finally something good

I wasnt really enjoing this season, untill i saw this episode, the whole juggs thing was not good i have to say, but that was just a side plot, the Matt thing was interesting, but disturbing.....i find Matt very disturbing.
    Now the whole thing with Teddy was just AMAZING and TOTALLY unespected, at least for me.
    I really never saw that coming, well, i thought that eventually she would do something to get the money, but not so soon and not kill all of them !!!!!
    And then, faith comes and bites her in the ass hehehe well done, a great episode.
  • Loved it. It took a few unpredictable turns that had me on the edge of my seat.

What is it that possesses Matt to do the things he does? It seems the older he gets, the dumber he gets. In the first 3 seasons, he may have been a typical shallow teenager, but he wasn't a **** like he has been in the subsequent seasons. I never would have seen Teddy getting attacked coming. By the looks of it, this is the last we'll see of her. It's a shame, though. It would have been interesting if she went down like the previous villains of Nip/Tuck. Now Sean will never know what a psychopath she was.

My only beef with this episode was that there was too much emphasis on Jenny Juggs. I didn't find her all that appealing.

Overall, good stuff.