I was pleasantly surprised with the changes Kimber has made since we last saw her. While she is still into pornography (now she's strangely making life size sex dolls), she actually seems to be somewhat stable and on her feet; not relying on others to succeed anymore. Kimber is much more interesting when she's not so pathetic and vulnerable (although she is unfortunately still in love with Christian).
While I think Kimber and Sean's new relationship is fun, I just don't think there's any way it can last. Both of them were just reaching out to one another in a time of convenience. Sean was on the rebound from Julia and Kimber received kindness and respect from Sean (something Christian or Bobolit never gave her), so it was just natural for both of them to fall into each other's arms. Sean was only kissing Kimber and calling her sweet names (when Julia arrived) to make Julia jealous, so I doubt his interest in Kimber is anything deep.
One of the benefits from Sean and Julia's split for me is that it leads to a good introspection period for Julia (which will be explored further in upcoming episodes). Even though Sean and Julia have split up, Julia still is dependent on Sean. While I don't blame her for calling somebody for help with the violent Roger, calling Sean just made her seem weaker in his eyes. Julia has always been reliant on somebody else to survive, and she needs to learn how to take care of her self now.
Final Notes and Quotes
- Christian: “Your husband does have a point. Everyone has their own level of tolerance for pain.”
- It was very weird for me seeing J.K. Simmons (Pope from The Closer) with boob implants.
- Kimber requesting an operation for her doll was just plain silly.
- Sean really has been treating Julia harshly, and she did have somewhat of a point when she asked why Sean has been able to forgive Christian but not her. While Sean may not have completely forgiven Christian like Julia thinks Sean was pretty amiable with Christian today, which is something that can't be said about his relationship with Julia.
- I have to say that Joely Richardson looked extremely hot dressed up for the “hooker bar”.
- Outstanding performance of the week: Both Dillon Walsh and Joely Richardson did a good job today.
- Ike Conners: (to his wife) “Oh that’s rich. I get these breasts so I can be more in touch with my feminine side and what they’ve accomplished is putting you more in touch with your inner dyke.”
Final Rating: It was a fun episode, but it just felt like a filler. 2 out of 4 stars.
- Tim Bronx
Find this and many other reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com
Please read the following before uploading
Do not upload anything which you do not own or are fully licensed to upload. The images should not contain any sexually explicit content, race hatred material or other offensive symbols or images. Remember: Abuse of the TV.com image system may result in you being banned from uploading images or from the entire site – so, play nice and respect the rules!