Nip/Tuck

Merrill Bobolit

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Nov 07, 2006 on FX

• Let's Go to Prison

I don't really know what to say about the return of Escobar Gallardo. While he's undeniably a terrifying presence on the show, I really think that what this season doesn't need is yet enough antagonist for the lead doctors, especially with the kidney ring already taking up a considerable about of screentime.

I did love Bobolit's involvement in the story though, and a really sick part of me did kinda laugh at the revelation that he's become a "prison b*tch". While the whole idea is really terrible, Bobolit's downfall was already so welcome in season two that it's kinda giggle-worthy that it's just gotten worse and worse as the years went on.

Sean and Julia continue to prove that they're no good together, with both revealing their affairs to one another. They really just need to divorce and stay divorced already; since every season they're together they end up doing the dirty with somebody else.

In other news, Matt and Kimber are married and expecting a child. Their whole relationship doesn't really convince at this stage, especially with Kimber treating Matt like her lapdog. I did like April Tuna explaining some of the Scientology birthing rituals though, and it really looks like the writers did their research with this particular storyline.

A mostly entertaining episode, but one which takes a lot of suspension of belief. Robert LaSardo yet again put in an excellent performance, even if I wasn't exactly crying out for an Escobar return.

Director: Charles Haid