Nip/Tuck

Sophia Lopez II

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2003 on FX

• Christian: \"We\'re both going to hell for this you know.\" Bobolit: \"As long as it ain\'t tonight.\"

Christian managed to hit an all time low today, as he traded with Bobolit Kimber for a Lamborghini. Kimber\'s stupidity though was getting fairly annoying. Christian with a K? Give me a break. I really didn\'t remember her character being so idiotic and such a cliché blonde. In later seasons she actually grows something resembling a backbone.

A theme throughout this episode was that that you can\'t escape your past. Just as Matt\'s guilt convinces him to confess to Sean about Cara, Sean misinterprets Matt\'s statements about never escaping your mistakes. As a result he confesses about his affair with Megan, thinking Matt already knows. We got a really good scene between Dylan Walsh and John Hensley, and I actually could see a father son connection between the two.

Now just as Sean promises Matt to break things off with Megan, here comes Megan with the information that her cancer came back. Sean can\'t possibly break off thing with her now, as he probably feels guilt since Megan\'s relationship with him is what caused her to get the implants. Frankly I don’t want Sean and Megan to break things off. Okay I know it’s not fair to Julia what Sean is doing. But just as Megan said, she needs Sean right now and I think Sean still needs her.

The final scene between Kimber and Christian was effectively creepy (Fever playing in the background was a nice touch). Both actors did an excellent job, and Kimber looked near psychotic yielding a knife screaming \"cry for me!\" at Christian. Kimber\'s assessment of Christian during the scene was fairly accurate (\"I see an **** who\'s spent his life hurting other people because he hates himself.\"), although one has to agree that her payback was a bit overboard.

Final Notes and Quotes

- I was happy Liz finally got to get some worthy screen time. We actually got to see a new side of Liz as she confessed her loneliness to Sophia.

- We got to find out Jude\'s real job today (let\'s just say a Duece Bigalow in the way, although now near as funny), and we received a satisfying scene as Julia finally broke things off with him. All I have to say to Jude is: Don\'t let the door hit you on the way out!

- I loved the look Liz gave Sean when he indirectly suggested Liz using Botox.

- Bobolit: \"Good in bed, not too bright. Oh my god she\'s my dream girl.\"

I found it pretty pathetic that Kimber went straight back to Bobolit after the fiasco with Christian.

- Liz: \"Sophia, you are the neediest chick I ever almost dated.\"

Final Rating: 3 out of 4 stars

- Tim Bronx
    Find this and many other reviews at: www.motionpicturereviews.com