Nip/Tuck

Sophia Lopez II

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 23, 2003 on FX

• Gigolo Jude

Sofia Lopez made such an impression in her first appearance, so it's no surprise they wrote her back into the show. I loved seeing her growing relationship with Liz, even though it was sad too in equal measure. Both of them were in completely wrong places in their lives, so you knew things couldn't work out. Liz is a gay woman, while Sofia wants to be a straight woman. And if Sofia didn't have her gender surgery, Liz would still see her as a man in the sexual sense of the word.

Jonathan Del Arco and Roma Maffia really played off each other well, and it's really sad that they couldn't end up together. They'd make a perfect couple, if it not for the awkward sexuality thing. Yeah.

Meanwhile, Kimber finally grew a pair, and went all knife-happy on Christian. As much as I love Christian, he really treated Kimber like dirt. She's a really beautiful girl, who's clearly willing to do anything to make him happy, yet he still trades her for a flashy car. Of course, my love for Kimber did plummet downhill in the last 10 minutes, when, after tying Christian up and leaving him to rot, she shacked up with creepy, fuzzy-haired Bobolit. I actually found it really interesting after she "rated" Bobolit's looks after their night together, almost remaking the post-coital moment she had with Christian in the pilot. She's one interesting lady, that Miss Henry.

I found the whole Jude thing a little ridiculous. It wasn't surprising that he was a gigolo, but the fake accent reveal was completely silly. The other McNamara emotional affair saga, the one with Sean and Megan, was a lot better. But it really showed Sean's self-involved attitude when he completely ignored Matt's clear signs of admittance over Cara's accident, instead thinking he was talking about the affair.

Director: Nelson McCormick