Nitro Circus Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on MTV - Music TelevisionIn Season

Question

Genieb

[1]Feb 3, 2009
    • level: 8

Do you think this show will be as successful as other shows have been for MTV?

Personally I think this could be taken as a male version of The Hills (minus the relationship drama, speidi and any spin-offs). I believe he will become much more famous and recognized for this than for his career (unfortunately) but anyway I think he is a great athlete or risk taker, depending on your view and I really hope people tune in to see it (if the can stand tila tequila they can definitely watch this show).

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Newmanfan14

[2]Mar 1, 2009
    • level: 20
    I doubt it. It's like a big ripoff of Jackass just like Wildboyz. I've seen part of an episode, and it's just not that good.

M41Apone

[3]May 21, 2009
    • level: 1
    It's not a ripoff of anything, Travis has released 5 DVDs since 2003 that are basically the same thing. This TV show is just all the latest footage that's been picked up by MTV, watch the 'Guinness Book' episode to see the first frontflip ever landed!!

bitterfly_rose

[4]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 3
    Newmanfan14 wrote:
    I doubt it. It's like a big ripoff of Jackass just like Wildboyz. I've seen part of an episode, and it's just not that good.
    It is done by the people that brought us jackass. Johnny Knoxville and Jeff Tremain (the ep and creator of jackass) created this show. I don't see it as being a rip off. Sure they do some jackass like stuff, but they also do real stunts, and they are all real atheletes, unlike most of those on jackass. Yes most of the jackass guys are skaters, but beyond that most have little skills. And even the skating the jackass boys do isn't true pro skating, its more over the top demonstration type of skating. Bam Margera probably wouldn't be going to something like the X games and win any medals, but he's willing to try crazy ass things, and is willing to get hurt to put on a good show.
    Edited on 12/10/2009 6:20pm