No Ordinary Family Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Official Cancellation Thread: No Ordinary Family

Gislef

[1]May 13, 2011
    • level: 101
    As of today, 5/13/11, ABC has announced the cancellation of several bubble shows, including No Ordinary Family

Please address all general and specific discussion here, including petition suggestions.
    Edited on 05/13/2011 5:18pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

antdude

[2]May 13, 2011
    • level: 27
    Sad but not surprised due to low ratings. It was fun though! See you all!

andyphantom9

[3]May 13, 2011
    • level: 14

Geez! They cancelled another show with great potential! I should have seen this coming the moment they cancelled "Kyle XY"!!!

wasupieboy

[4]May 15, 2011
    • level: 3
    I am practically losing every show I watch...

pfranke27

[5]May 18, 2011
    • level: 1

Although I missed several shows due to illness I was surprised to see that it may be cancelled. I enjoy the concept of this show and the stories that are evolving. Please keep this show on the air as we need surprises in our lives and No Ordinary Family has plenty of surprises.

Pazma

[7]May 18, 2011

BillTheCat005 wrote:
    wasupieboy wrote:
    I am practically losing every show I watch...
    Ditto. Only Chuck remains for me.

Same here but Chuck just hasn't been as good this season either. I guess people are screwed unless they like vacuous celeb reality shows, America's Got Talent type talent shows or over dramatic Glee crap. I'm starting to despair for TV a bit, it's on it's way out slowly but surely.

OLIVIAT21

[8]May 19, 2011
    This really sucks. I love television but lately many shows were not really catching my attention. And I began watching No Ordinary Family. The name drew me to watching a marathon of the first 5 episodes since I had missed them when they aired, but i felt like it was the best marathon. I understand the possible reasons behind the closing of the show but you did not give it a chance to fully develop it's potential. Honestly the plot was always good and interesting and it maintained the perfect balance of drama, action, and love scenes, etc... It also brought a message and it was interesting!!! Why cancel an interesting show!!?!? It doesn't make any sense at all. I really hope ABC reads this comment because I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way. Please bring the show back!!!!!

KasenStuff

[9]May 23, 2011
    • level: 5
    F-ity F, F, F!!!!!!!

teenj12

[10]Jun 23, 2011
    • level: 26
    Its over a month late, but this was deff as great show that could of went somewhere. I sort of enjoyed posting here, discussing the show with some of you, especially jack756, who was a hardcore NOF-er .

NikHafiz

[11]Jul 13, 2011
    Damn it!!! It's great show..Bring it back!!

jab_au

[12]Jul 25, 2011
    • level: 8

Oh great another TV show I love canceled.

jack756

[13]Aug 7, 2011
    teenj12 wrote:
    Its over a month late, but this was deff as great show that could of went somewhere. I sort of enjoyed posting here, discussing the show with some of you, especially jack756, who was a hardcore NOF-er .
    thanks i sure was a hardcore nofer

i really loved this show b/c it was something different.i have never seen a show where the parents and the kids all have powers.

shame on abc.i dont have to many shows left i can watch.abc done got rid of eastwick and now nof.if they get rid of charlies angels.abc is gone go in the pill with cbs and nbc.i call it the dont watch pill.if a station cancells 2 shows ive done watch im gone.

this all i got left:
    1.burn notice(i only get it when it hits dvd.i dont watch it on tv)
    2.charlies angels(abc better not cancel that or ill go crazy)
    3.covert affairs(dont think this show gone last long tho)
    4.fringe(it maybe its last season tho)
    5.nikita
    6.the 9 lives of chloe king(this maybe gone after its 1st season too)
    7.ringer(new show)
    8.the secret circle(new show)
    9.alphas(new show)
    10.supernatural
    11.teen wolf
    13.the vampire diaries

maybe i shouldnt complain b/c i do still have alot left to watch but all this shows can be gone just like that.but im still bitter about nof.i really felt like this show could have went on 3 more seasons.shame on abc

BenedicteSvends

[14]Aug 15, 2011

I know.. This is stupid! "Kyle xy" And "No Ordinary Family" was two good shows!! i rly liked them.. Why are they cancelling all the good shows!??!

earthman72

[16]Aug 23, 2011
    • level: 2

agreed. this is not an issue of quality or even ratings so much, but a cost to ratings ratio. shows have to be affordable to make and within the sort of ratings level that companies want to invest in advertising for.

talent shows and weight loss shows are sovacuous and cheap that anyorganisationcan be associated with them. Any show which tackles, not only, real issues that happen in society, but also, discrimination and fear, mutation and perceptions of it, are less than safe for their products to be featured.

Just started watching Alphas as a super hero fix for now, any thoughts on this too. Any other shows you guys think I would like. I am in the UK and only get to watch these shows online.

jack756

[17]Aug 24, 2011
    earthman72 wrote:

agreed. this is not an issue of quality or even ratings so much, but a cost to ratings ratio. shows have to be affordable to make and within the sort of ratings level that companies want to invest in advertising for.

talent shows and weight loss shows are sovacuous and cheap that anyorganisationcan be associated with them. Any show which tackles, not only, real issues that happen in society, but also, discrimination and fear, mutation and perceptions of it, are less than safe for their products to be featured.

Just started watching Alphas as a super hero fix for now, any thoughts on this too. Any other shows you guys think I would like. I am in the UK and only get to watch these shows online.

im a big fan of alphas but i like alphas alot more than nof tho.

Clarkent66

[18]Aug 27, 2011
    • level: 6

I don't know who I'm more mad at. Michael Chiklis and Julie Benz for quitting the show or ABC for upsetting fans once again. Fans of Terry Goodkind's series, The Sword of Truth suffered in anguish when the network canceled Legend of the Seeker after it's second season. I don't think the Network is being very fair. No wonder their losing viewers.

MOSTCAPABLEONE

[19]Aug 31, 2011
    • level: 13
    jack756 wrote:
    earthman72 wrote:

im a big fan of alphas but i like alphas alot more than nof tho.

Looking at all of the comments, as well as having my own thoughts, this only shows that there needs to be a better TV program rating system. How can it be possible that almost everybody you know and they know like a show but it gets cancelled for low ratings. Nielsen Ratings sucks. The whole concept does.

drokstef

[21]Sep 27, 2011
    • level: 6
    ABC seems a little bit f...ed up !!! Lately, they canceled so many great tv-shows.
    "No ordinary family" it's a great show and i really don't understand why they canceled. Hey you ignorants of ABC, bring back "No ordinary family" !!!

ratlover15

[22]Oct 11, 2011
    • level: 9
    andyphantom9 wrote:

Geez! They cancelled another show with great potential! I should have seen this coming the moment they cancelled "Kyle XY"!!!

Man, they not only did this to this show or Kyle XY. They did it to New Amsterdam and Lie to Me too! Fox is ALWAYS pulling this stuff, and it's making me sick! They get you all excited for a new show you get really into, only to pull it away after half a season, one season, or without finishing it. How could anyone not have loved this show!?

jack756

[23]Oct 17, 2011
    ratlover15 wrote:
    andyphantom9 wrote:

Man, they not only did this to this show or Kyle XY. They did it to New Amsterdam and Lie to Me too! Fox is ALWAYS pulling this stuff, and it's making me sick! They get you all excited for a new show you get really into, only to pull it away after half a season, one season, or without finishing it. How could anyone not have loved this show!?
    if a station canells to many shows that i watch.i decide to give up that station b/c the shows i watch tends to get cancel.

cbs-nothing on their station interst me expect for ghost whisperer and they turned that show into crap.

nbc-heroes,the cape,bionic woman,and wonderwoman didnt even see the light of day b/c of crazy fans.

fox-terminator the sarah connor chronicles,dollhouse,dark angel had a season 3 but got cancel for that stupied firefly that didnt even that that long,.once fringe gone im gone from fox.

abc-no ordniary family,eastwick,and now charlies angles.

so to make a long story short.cbs,nbc and abc goes into the pill never watch stations.once fringe gone from fox.fox will end up in that pill too.

its sad the cw is the only station that keep shows around and they donteven have great ratings.