No Ordinary Family Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: No Ordinary Beginning (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/5/11 episode "No Ordinary Beginning" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SonicHogWiz91

[2]Apr 4, 2011
    • level: 3

How do you think Katie and Joshua will reunite? Do you think Katie will take him back right away or will Joshua have to do something to get back Katie's love?Will it happen at the begining or end? Should be a great episode!

Please ABC, let this show get another season! I LOVE IT!!!

Urnfs

[3]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 9
    was that the finale episode? it felt very... cross season cliffhanger-y

miss_wierd

[4]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 13

Katie and Joshua: Oh no! Their baby died! CryNo wait!!!! It's... It's... IT'S... SUPERBABY!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT! Love it!!!! And love seeing Joshua again!!!

Dr King: HOLY CRAP! This guy is unbeliveable!!! But at the end bye bye!

George: WOAH! George has superpowers now?! YAY!

Oh I hope the show gets renewed!!!! This show is awesome!!! I love this show! Please don't let it be canceled.

jack756

[5]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 14
    Gislef wrote:
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/5/11 episode "No Ordinary Beginning" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    sorry bout the quote thing but its easier to do this than reply...i like the ending..let me give u guys the load down lol

1.helen(lucy character i have no ideal where fans got mrs.x from)kidnapp jj to make him make the serum permanet for others....

2.jim, and stephnie went to dr.king and it turns out his immorality or something he uses the serum so he want die.dr.king told them where they could find jj(when it was said dr.king loved stephine that was so creepy it could be like her father lol)

3.jim,stephine and daphne went to save jj using there powers it was pretty cool

4.it turns out the reason the powell family got powers b/c on the trip they took a global teck airplane that had the serum in it and when the plan crash they all had a life or death experince making the serum permanet for them.so helen took the news and got 80 prisoners to get on the plan and she was giving them powers

5.george somehow got on the aiorplane b/c he was falling victoria(at the end all the people had powers including george)

6.joshua and katie are back on again and on top of that there baby has powers.

7.by the end the government came to the powell house and they knw they have powers.they wanted the powell family to help them, catch all the bad guys and then it went off....

it was a good ep.i wish every ep. of nof was like that b/c this ep. kick butt.it tied up alot of stuff and it also had some things hanging jus in case if they did or didnt come back.abc better give nof a season 2sorry bout spelling in a rush

game_man1

[6]Apr 5, 2011
    • level: 8

yeah second season could be pretty awesome so lets cross fingers that abc gives the show a second chance.

andyphantom9

[7]Apr 5, 2011

I wonder what power George will develop? He was looking at his hands with shock and awe. Maybe it's a visible skin mutation?

Then again, the Powell family got their powers that reflected on each of their individual personality/insecurity. So let's track back at George's character and deduce what type of power he might develop along with the 80 criminals! (I only saw one with bio-electricity and the other with beastly eyes).

GeronimoX

[8]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    Skin mutation!!???
    That's mighty white of you Andy thinking a black man could change his skin. Whoop-dee-doo the same superpowers as Michael Jackson...

GeronimoX

[10]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 6
    BUt on a more serious note:

Best episode ever!!

Now that the show Finally gets into it's groove and Jim finally found his balls, they 're gonna cancel it???

Hope they'll give it another shot, although rumours are floating round the internet that the lead protagonists have already gone on to do other things...

miss_wierd

[11]Apr 6, 2011

andyphantom9 wrote:
    (I only saw one with bio-electricity).

Oh!! I didn't think of the guy having that type ofpowers. I thought he touched it and the wires were doing that! And since he had powers it didn't affect him! I want to know what type of power George has!!!! Damn it the show is gonna be cancelled I bet and we won't ever find out!

haldrey

[12]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 22
    A great show and a great finale, if it a season finale. The ending had all the elements for a next season, now it up to ABC to comply and comply they must!

stui8

[13]Apr 6, 2011
    • level: 30

They set it up like it wasn't going to end but its abc so who knows

antdude

[14]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 27
    It was good, but violent and gross like the last one to get higher ratings (don't know if that helped). Cliffhanger, people died, etc. Now, do we get a new season or not ABC?

andyphantom9

[15]Apr 7, 2011

does anybody remember Ben, the guy who controls electricity, kidnaps J.J., and got his ass kicked by Jim?

No? Well, I guess a season finale needs a throwaway character at some point...

Just_Jos

[16]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 11

Such a GREAT episode, Hands down the BEST episode of the season. Dr. King is ridiculous, But he got what he deserved in the end. Katie and Joshua have a super baby and what is George's superpower? The show could have certainly used an episode 21 and 22, episodes that it was originally promised to wrap things up. At this point it's all up to ABC to renew the show, But things look really grim at this point.

ltcomstella

[17]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 18

i think george's super skill (sick of the other terms that are used in smallville begins with a and in heroes ) will be one or more of the classics such as invisiability, flight (cos he said that to the powell family when he found out. 'can you fly cos that would be cool!' ) ice breath (not seen that yet) xray vision being a law man he wants to see through the lies ppl say so super hearing, or a judge dread style thing where he 'judges' they can easily turn him in to a bad guy too !

now under the current sort of supers plots, they can still get hurt and injured even die so theres a gaping plot hole about 'all' the evil new permo supers surviving the crash including george we haven't seen shape changer lady so did she die ?

the baby was obviously going to live, so perhaps the baby has healing life giving skills ? A common tv show rule is don't kill are harm kids too much. only seen it once recently in torchwood....

Bring this show back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rog152

[18]Apr 7, 2011
    • level: 5
    About George's power's. Based on using there personalities I am going to say Fire. He is a "hot shot" DA, and he reminds me of Johnny Storm of the FF. Looking at his hands as if that is were his powers are coming from like heat blast

miss_wierd

[19]Apr 7, 2011

ltcomstella wrote:

i think george's super skill will be one or more of the classics such as invisiability, flight (cos he said that to the powell family when he found out. 'can you fly cos that would be cool!' ) ice breath (not seen that yet) xray vision being a law man he wants to see through the lies ppl say so super hearing

OH! I love it!!!! And if the show doesn't get a 2nd season, then that is what George's powers are going to be!!!

buffyjl

[20]Apr 9, 2011
    • level: 20

I like the direction of the finale, but don't want the show to completely become Superheros working for the government, fighting sueprviallains.
    So here's some ideas for season 2:

-The govt. guy who recruits them is really evil

-George saves them from the bad guy, early on (like ep. 3). the bad govt. guy dies, so nobody knows their secret.

-Show returns to being a 'No ordinary family'

-J.J.'s name is changed to O.J.

-Stefanie & Katie can't work for an evil corporation. So after King's death, the bad company sells that branch to some new company. Stefanie & Katie keep their jobs and work for good.

-George loves his powers, but they fade. Turns out his brain didn't do the 'permanent absorb' of the ability, since he was half asleep on the flight. This leads to a tough character road for him, but he returns to his sidekick role.
    Maybe at the end, he can get permanence.

-Katie develops powers and they're permanent. Although her life wasn't in danger, the childbirth was exilerrating enough that she perma-absorbed the abilities.