No Ordinary Family

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 8:00 PM Sep 28, 2010 on ABC

• The pilot episode for "No Ordinary Family" finds the family discovering their powers after a freak plane accident!

Gotta say that I was not too impressed with this pilot and I really wanted to like this show. The pilot had too many cliches and the writing was sloppy.

First the family drama was over the top and non-believable. The plane crash was met with unrealistic reaction and of course there's no follow-up to how they got home, investigation, etc.

The initial discovery of their powers are pretty silly as well. The idea that a friend would willfully shoot his friend????? Why not shoot yourself or have your friend shoot just to the side of you? After this insane scene the friend then is crazy enough to suggest a flight attempt when there were better ways to test "flying" abilities.

The mother with the running in the middle of a busy freeway without getting hit or running into a car changing lanes (which of course just so happen none were changing lanes at all)? You then stop in the middle of a freeway with no reaction from the drivers?

The only part of the show I enjoyed was the quick fight scene between Mike and the Villian. I'll be trying this show again to hope they pick up the tension, fights, and drop some of the outrageous!