Noein - To Your Other Self

Syfy (ended 2006)

sesho2022

Noein - To Your Other Self Fan Reviews (12)

• this show had stunning animation visuals and very good voice acting.

I only saw the ep that was on today about Yuu's aunt Emmy.
    I wonder if they'll ever show how she died cause they only said something aobut a car accident. It seems that since Emmy's death Miyuki thought that her mother only cared about her dead sister and not her. She planned to run away but never had the courage to do so. Its sad that this show has such amazing graphic like spirited away princess monoke
    nafia and the valley of the wind ect. But it lacks a proper plot. All in all a very good show on sci fi's ani-monday. I still can't believe yuu's va is sasuke's from naruto.
  • Balanced somewhere between adventure and a dash of comedy.

This series takes a new tack on the theme of "a grave menace is threatening the Earth." It sends kids together with a brave knight to find a device that will save the human race from destruction. A lot of shows involve young characters, but sometimes they do nothing but run around, play tag and yell. It was nice to see a series where the kids had to actually take risks and make challenging decisions. Children aren't often posited as thinkers in anime, but this show went a different route. That's good for the audience, and for parents as well. "Noein" could stand to get better, but it's not the worst thing you could rent.
  • Action filled scifi anime in which a war between the dimensions takes place. A young girl Haruka aka., The Dragon Torque, is kidnapped by Dragon Knight Karasu who turs out to be more to her than he seems...

This is one of the best animes I've ever watched. Beautifully animated and well voiced characters complete the serene artwork and backgrounds. This anime also has an amazing musical score, expertly synced with the show. The story is great, with only one or two "review" episodes or flashbacks. It only gets a bit boring one or two times in the whole series. My only pity is that it was very short. Yet, this also added to the story that they wouldn't have meaningless fillers and a ridiculously drawn out traveling or the like. The series is short and sweet. Sadly, not many have watched or watch the anime. It is truly an overlooked gem of an anime.
  • It was good at first then was it bad and then it got great.

Noein was A very difficult show to figure out in beginning it was good then in the middle it was boring then at the end it was great. I personally liked the whole multi-universe storyline of this show. I like how everything was intertwined and how the look of the characters was so authenic and fresh from the characters of my other favorite shows.The way they had present and future versions of people was a nice touch. I also liked the way Haruka gradually learned how to use the dragon torque and how Yuu went from being the weakest wimp ever to an actually cool person. So in my oppinion if watch this show beginning you will love it catch in the middle and you will hate it so I would suggest you catch it in the beginning give it a try you will like it.
  • Visually stunning, heavy on science, but a slow moving plot bars Noein from being an all time great.

Noein is everything you would expect from a mature 26 episode anime. Great interface, an interesting plot, and a nice and memorable young cast with some excellent back story to them. The story revolves around Haruka, Yuu, and Karasu. Haruka is the only hope for the future when a mysterious party referred to as Shangri-la invades La'cryma, the future. She is what they call a dragon torque. Yuu is her bestfriend, and Karasu is Yuu 15 years in the future and one of the best and most notable dragon knights. The ultimate entity, Noein, is out to destroy everything that could possibly exist, but only the dragon torque can prevent that.

The story is rather simple. Actually it's not simple; it has depth, but for its length you would expect a lot more. Noein has a lot of back story to it that is going on between the cast. In fact, it is safe to even say that it overlaps the slice of life genre. There is a lot of good character development to go around that you feel sort of an attachment to the entire cast when you are done watching the show. A lot of the minor characters have great development to them that you have that tingling feeling in your stomach when a major incident occurs to them. Noein is also a very smart slice of life with its situations and reaches a bit into the philosophical phases.

The only problem is that there might be too much of this slice of life stuff and not enough of the main plot. Noein could have easily been a 13 episode anime if it got straight to the point. Most of the character development would have been eliminated in that case but to stretch it out is also a detriment. Noein is also heavy on the department of quantum physics which is the science of inter dimensional traveling. It spends a great deal of time explaining this science but the other problem is that it feels a bit too much like school. It is nice to be educated but there is a reason that school is normally not naturally liked, and Noein uses this approach.

As an art Noein is very successful. Its visual dynamics is one of the best out there containing some very exciting and blood boiling battle scenes with some very nice audio tracks and songs to compliment it well. The only problem is that there might not be enough of this to compensate for the slow moving plot. For a 26 episode anime, you would expect a lot more action when one of its main selling points is its action and nice graphics.

Overall, Noein is simply solid and worth a watch. Visually stunning, heavy on science, but a slow moving plot bars Noein from being an all time great. At first sight you will be appealed by its animation quality, but you will end up liking it for its strong supporting cast, slice of life scenarios, and long winded yet intriguing plot and story. Of course you will still like its action scenes, but the action will feel more like a compliment if anything. Though if you are someone that doesn't mind learning a thing or two about quantum physics or are already educated on the subject, Noein might be one of the best animes for you.
  • Fantastic show with everything going for it and it does not disapoint

There really is little I can say bad about this anime series, its just great, but I have to say something and I want to keep it breif so people actually attempt to read it and get the basic gist so,

Plot: 8/10
    Its good and all, but wow is it confusing for a good while. At first, the plot moves a little slow, but after it picks up,. it goes at a perfect pace, not too fast or too slow.

Characters: 10/10
    A really strong point here. No one feels fake and after a while, you begin to feel like you want to hang out with Haruka and everyone else and be part of that dimension.

Sound: 9/10
    The sound is perfect during all scenes, I can't think of a single bad scene honestly. The opening is good too, but its placement is terrible, since the show gives you a few minutes of episode before the opening, it just makes you want to skip it. I found the closing to be boring though. The English cast does a competent job, I have no complaints or voices I truely hated.

Animation: 9/10
    I wouldn't quite call the animation spectacular, its actually a bit confusing to me at times, but the animation quality is high and it doesn't change much over the course of the series. On the plus side, everyone looks distinct and in normal human proportions. On the negative, it rather makes me feel the animators are...well lazy with the whole "barely drawn the hands in this scene" type thing. The facial expressions and scenes where people's faces are a focus are all superb though.

Overall: 9.3/10
    Do your self a favor if you enjoy sci-fi/drama series and pick this one up. Yes, a $40 price tag for a whole 24 ep series that didn't sell too well is indeed suspicous, but give it a try, really.
  • People from the future come to the past to warn people about a threat in between dimensions.

This show is very entertaining I really enjoy watching it the animation is great as is the characters this show is very intellegent for the scientists I wonder what would it be like if Albert Einsten saw this he would probably say why didn't I know that, this show is a combination of action,drama and sci-fi but what a shames me is that last night it was the series finale oh well that's too bad I might be able to see it again in the future but for now it's over so this show get's a 8.7 out of 10.0 great show.
  • I'll say incredible, one of the best sci-fi anime ever, the battle of the multiverse. Nuff said.

So let me get this straight: This series is about an evil force from 15-yrs of the future that trying to destroy all of space-time. And the only way to stop them is the power known as the "Dragon's Torque" which place on a 12-year old girl name Haruka from the present holds the key to the Multiverse's suvival. Sound about right!

All I can say is that it has crazy stuff in this anime. Although there's one thing that the people from this anime hasn't say about one word instead saying "infinite number universe", the Multiverse! That's all I'm asking.
  • Sci-Fi's Best Anime

stumbled onto this the other day on the Sci-Fi while browsing the TV guide. Seeing the word "Noein" in a Sci-Fi, I was expecting to see some anime that should not be banned, which is seemingly to appear more and more, but I was pleasantly surprised.

The art style is more Eurica 7, but they use anime expressions and US & Japan themes. (Rocko's Modern Life, Camp Lazlo, Sonic Hedgehog (2006), Crash Twinsanity) The voice acting is very nice, which is something rare to find in any English cartoon/English dubbed anime. While it does remind me of other titles, the story line and episode writing is pretty good.

If you're a big Anime fan that doesn't give anything Japanese themed that wasn't made in japan a chance, you won't like it. If that doesn't bother you, it's a real cute children's show that kids and adults alike can enjoy.

Also, it's very, very catchy.
  • This show has movie level graphics. It was amazing to see such detail even in the background. I also like Karasu's english voice actor so thats a plus +. I also can't believe that yuri lowenthal did yuu's voice in the jap version amazing.

I only saw the ep that was on today about Yuu's aunt Emmy.
  • Visually stunning, but needs help with the plot.

4.7
    Noein (which I am still trying to find a definition for, but with an alleged pronounciation as "no-win", there may be a clue there!) promises a great deal, but fails to deliver.

From the very first show, we are treated to some spectacular visual pyrotechnics - - both hand-drawn and computer-generated - - of inter-dimensional beings who seem to come from nowhere tied to their "ship" by nearly invisible bungee cords, then do something on the planet they land on (after a dozen episodes, I am still at a loss as to figure out what that something is!), and leave as quickly as they appeared!

One of these beings, an older male, seems to want to help a young girl, who seems to be at the center of all this activity, because she seems to have a magical necklace that she seems not to even know she has, and the older man - - who is possibly her boyfriend or maybe not - - wants to protect her, seemingly at the cost of destroying the dimension or universe or something along those lines! (please stop me if this seems to make any sense!)

The audience is never given the opportunity to learn about the strangers, or anything beyond what the young heroine discovers along the way, which is extraordinarily little, so, after a while, "Noein" becomes something like a mystery novel named "Mobius", whose middle starts back at the beginning with no end in sight!

"Noein" is definitely a "no-win" for me!
  • Dragon Torque

I haven't watched the whole series as of yet. But i can safely say that it is one defiantly worth watching.

Its A Coming of Age/Drama/Sci-Fi/Comedy/I'm Sure there is many more. But this series is standalone, it isn't based of a Manga and because of that we get beautiful scenery and really nice CG effects and an 'Meh Ive Heard Better" Dub. but the Original Voice's are perfect for all the characters.

The two Main characters Haruka and Yuu have a deep friendship that just once again arrives when the series starts off. They used to be best friends when they were younger, but as Yuu's mother makes him study non-stop for Cram school he gets no free time.

I Could go on about the L'Creyma, but i don't want to spoil it for you.

Just Watch, You Wont Regret It