Noir Forums

(ended 2001)

How wrong can this show get?

SsriTelQuessir

[1]Oct 28, 2007
    • level: 26

Ok, on an impulse buy, I got the complete DVD set for Noir. I have liked some of the AVD animes, so I thought that I'll give this one a shot. Anyway, I just finished the 5th ep. And this show is totally wrong. Totally wrong. Of course, the more wrong a show it, the more I tend to like it. Is it just me, or does anybody else find this anime totally bizzar? I'll likely fire through it this week, so I am sure that I'll have more to say by the time I finish it off. The characters are rather intiguing and the dialogue is pretty good, albeit weird at times. I find myself wondering how this will play out.

happy hunting

Ssri Tel'Quessir

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

dju010

[2]Oct 29, 2007
    • level: 88
    I can't follow you with what you describe as "wrong". What's wrong? The environment it's set in the story itself?

SsriTelQuessir

[3]Oct 29, 2007

I mean 'wrong' in the colloquial sense...such as shocking, unusual, out-of-the-ordinary. I am about halfway through the series and it has gotten even more wrong. So far, I am enjoying it very much, but I still find it awfully disturbing to see Kirika so devoid of emotion as she guns down those around her. Chloe is much the same way, but it is less disturbing because she does not appear as young as Kirika. In contrast Mireille shows emotion through intonation and body language and facial expression, particilarly in her eyes.

Ssri Tel'Quessr

dju010

[4]Oct 30, 2007
    I guess I have watched too hard and wicked stuff already (Blue Lagoon, Gunslinger Girl) to think that in any way.
    It's a cruel show, but for me nothing out of the ordinary.

SsriTelQuessir

[5]Oct 31, 2007

I don't think that the violence itself is shocking or wrong. Relative to something like Elfen Lied, Noir is a kids show. What I find so disturbing is how inocent Kirika looks relative to her effeciency with murder. I got about 4 more eps and then I am done with the series. I'll post again when I done.

ST'Q

dju010

[6]Nov 2, 2007
    I see now. But also look at "Gunslinger Girls" where this is even more extreme. I mean there you have an entire series of little innocent girls going out as killers. I find it even more extreme there.
    Enjoy the last four episodes.

SsriTelQuessir

[7]Nov 2, 2007

Yeah, the series was good. I posted a review earlier today. I have had other people recomend gunslinger girls too. I'll have to give that a shot - pun not quite intended - in the future. I think that Basilisk is my next purchase.

I didn't think that Mirielle looked inocent...I don't even think that she was supposed to look inocent. Even thinking about the few times her mother was revealed to demonstrate the similarity in their appearance, she looked inocent compared to Mirielle. I don't think that Chloe looked very inocent as well, maybe a little...althought I thought that her voice gave that impression. But Kirika, on the other hand, I thought had an almost angelic look about her.

ST'Q

Angus_Mac

[8]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 71
    It can be a pretty sad series, given most characters, innocent or not, can't even survive one episode.

SsriTelQuessir

[9]Dec 5, 2007
    I didn't actually think that Noir was really all that sad. Although I did think that it was sad...I forget the title of this episode...when that Czech painter guy got gunned down right in front of Kirika. Then she dumped the gift she bought him into the river, symbolically giving up on any hope of a normal existance. But other than that, just about everybody who died really deserved it.

mollythepom

[10]Dec 10, 2007
    • level: 7

I actually found this show to be pretty good, the only downfall is that they showed that one scene with Mirielle as a little girl with that music showing, I mean they showed that scene like 2 or 3 times an episode. But other than that, this was a very good anime. I didn't really completely understand the show so I better watch it again sometime.

I also

kougawolfdemon

[11]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 5
    I dont know what you are talking about, the show is perfect. It has a sad story but thats what makes it soo good

life_seems_bleh

[12]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 2
    I reall enjoy this show so far. I'm up to episode 16 and although I'm sure you finished watching and this is probably old news, but I also have to disagree with the shocking part. This is just a guess...but I'm thinking that the only reason Kirika is so emotionless is because she doesn't remember anything about her past while Mireille knows a lot more of hers. Now I'm not even sure if I got that guess correct because I've been watching this anime on and off for three weeks now.

Ghost-inZeShell

[13]Mar 11, 2009
    • level: 5
    yeah,
    I liked it too,
    does seem like a milder version of Elfen Lied (even has the music deal{different music},but same idea)
    though, I think I like Elfen Lied more,
    but Noir isn't without its "Charm".