North and South Forums

ABC (ended 1994)

Favourite book?

boom-moo

[1]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 75

My favourite book is Book 2 (then Book 1 then Book 3). It combines everything that makes this series great: the action of the war, the learning of History, the struggle of friendship and love to endure through hard circumstances, the passion of romance, the drama of nonsense evil... basically all that makes a story appealing to me

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Lady_Lancaster

[2]Aug 12, 2009
    • level: 41
    Book 1 was my favourite out of the 3. I didn't like Book 3 much at all and Book 2 was enjoyable.

angelpuppet

[3]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 11
    cant choose between book 1-2 since they where both great. didnt liked book3 because of the death of orry and all. did liked one thing in 3 the hanging of bent

boom-moo

[4]Apr 18, 2011
    • level: 75
    angelpuppet wrote:
    didnt liked book3 because of the death of orry and all.
    Yeah that was a huge bummer

angelpuppet

[5]Apr 19, 2011
    • level: 11
    yeah he was the best character in the show

MichelleNeff0

[6]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 2

Book 1 definately was the best. George and Orry formed a binding friendship (better then w/ their own brothers) and met their true loves. George and Constance had a marriage, that while not perfect, was one full of love and respect.

Book 2 second by a narrow margin. It had the suspense of when George and Orry would meet on the battlefield, plus completely reconcile. My favorite? Orry killing Justin and able to marry Madeline.

Book 3 did have good moments. Charles and Willa were my favorites. George and Madeline was too damn weird and I mostly fast forwarded through most of their scenes. I just hated that so much was cut out from the book. I know PS didn't want to come back, but w/o Orry in the film, wasn't the same. The book was okay because it fleshed out the characters more and ended in 1877, but killing Constance was horrible! Couldn't they have left her in or if they had to kill her, wait until near the end? So much story potential there. I'm just glad George stayed true to her until he died.