Joel: You haven't paid your taxes since 1959?
Holling: Statehood. I voted against it.
Joel: And you've been withholding taxes as a form of political protest?
Holling: Not exactly, I just always figured they'd let me know if they really needed it.
Adam: You're not ready for crepes, Dave. Why don't you go boil some water or something?
This episode ends without the traditional end credit music by David Schwartz.
- "Blues for Your Own" by Sally Van Meter
- "Please Don't Let Me Love You" by Robert Morgan
- "Madeliena" by Pablo Lubadika Porthos
- "Nou Pop Sa Blize" by Boukman Eksperyans
- "Stormy Weather" song adapted by David Schwartz