We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

Northern Exposure Forums

CBS (ended 1995)

Any news on Season 5?

paulproulx

[1]Apr 27, 2006
    • level: 2
    Any news on when season 5 is due out on DVD?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

quigley_lib

[2]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 13
    We deduce it will be before the end of the year since the coupons included with the Season 4 sets expire December 1, 2006.

sipowicz

[3]Apr 28, 2006
    • level: 32
    if not, there are going to be alot of angry NX fans.

anne54

[4]Apr 29, 2006
    • level: 2
    Keep an eye on the Amazon website or www.moosechick.com.

sipowicz

[5]Aug 15, 2006
    • level: 32

"Northern Exposure - More Exposure On DVD: Universal Announces The Complete 5th Season
    Posted by David Lambert
    8/15/2006

The next-to-last season of Northern Exposure comes to DVD on November 14th, per Universal's announcement this morning. All 24 episodes come on 5 single-sided DVDs, running 1097 minutes. There aren't too many guest appearances this 5th season, but among them are legendary film director Peter Bogdanovich (as himself) Grounded For Life star Donal Logue, film star Adam Arkin, everlasting character actress Joyce Van Patten, and Stargate SG-1's general, Don S. Davis. Cost is $59.98 list price, with full-frame (1.33:1) video and English 2.0 Stereo sound. English subtitles are also on board, but extras (if any) have not yet been announced. Nor do we have final artwork yet, but stay tuned for that. In the meantime, here's an early look at what the packaging will look like (subject to change). Oh, and don't forget that owners of the 4th Season set have a coupon to use!"

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6275

Lokar

[6]Aug 20, 2006
    • level: 26
    Good to hear

martinpasten

[7]Aug 20, 2006
    • level: 1
    Hello all just another northern exposure nut here, all the way from tasmania , australia -the alaska of australia. Love the show and just got season 4 sent over from the states, or else i have to wait another year they just released season 3 here and i cant wait so i get them sent over. Any way i having trouble with this site im all registered and logged in and i can not find a way to start a new thread. I want to know peoples thoughts on season 5 till its sad end. Most fans of this show-that i know of-say they love the first four seasons and reckon that the show goes downhill from there-saying "its too surreal" and the "plot and script is crap". I strongely disagree and think the show gets better as it goes on and the surealism is the best part of it. The show does go on without joel and the new doc wasnt joel. What i mean is sure the show started out with joel moving to ciecly but i never thought the show revolvled around joel but around the community of ciecly. This was my favorite show of all time and when i watch it i sometimes feel im there. I guess every one has there opinions - i would like to know. Cheers and have a good day and keep ciecly in your hearts.

tombora

[8]Aug 22, 2006
    Hi Martin. I read your message and had to reply. Many years ago I was backpacking in Australia and discovered the real Australian "Cicely" - a beautiful town called Fitzroy Crossing in western australia. (Although having never been to tasmania or alaska i suppose i can't really comment). They have an annual "running of the bulls" through the flooded streets to mark the start of the rainy season and a pub which - so the story goes - flummoxed NASA, who confused the enormous pile of empty beer cans outside with a military installation! It is also the place where I was first introduced to permaculture and first watched season 5. I got invited out to a desert trailer on the edge of an aboriginal reservation by a couple of fellow NX fans and sat down with them over a supper of Borscht to watch the first episode, where Ed gets the calling and wakes up in a tree, surrounded by red sand and mackerel skies. Perhaps this memory of hospitality has made me a bit biassed but season 5 will probably always be my favourite (although having just finished watching series 3 over here in england I have to say that it runs it close). Does anyone else know of any real "Cicelys" out there? T

martinpasten

[9]Aug 22, 2006
    Oh wow i have friends that used to live there and watch nx aswell, its been ages since i seen them too must catch up them.(matthew irvin and darren winmar) Your experience sounds great. Thanks for sharing it with us Tombora. Strange and surreal things do happen here in tasmania too- A few years ago i was living in a small beach community called carlton beach where there was a faint aurora lighting up the sky, and there was no moon out, so i decided to take my dog for a walk down the beach. This night warm winds were blowing(in the middle of winter)the water was glowing because of some plankton that has bioluminesent in it-when disturb it glows a flouro green.The breaking waves were unreal to watch! So i went up to the shore and slapped the water about and to my amazement it was warm too, so warm that i took my shoes off rolled up my jeans and walked in it and when you run in the wet sand you had these green foot steps, and paw prints follow you then disappear. This is winter i was thinking, night time and in southern tasmania, it didnt make sense the water hardly warms up in the summer here. It was such a surreal experience and never had experienced anything like that since-hope i do. I went home and caught the late news the weather man was baffled and had no explanation for it. But that very same day a much respected tasmanian aboriginal elder Auntie Ida was layed to rest. Than it all made sense to me, was there, is there something more that we dont know about?? I started feelin like chris in the mornings pondering through many thoughts. I got my nx tapes out and started to watch them!!!A night i will truely never forget.

Kyle_75

[10]Sep 12, 2006
    I can't wait for season 5. That's where it all started for me. My cousin showed NX to me near the start of the season, I think the first episode I ever saw was the one when Maggie is obsessed with dust mites. I was instantly hooked. Some of my fondest TV memories come from these episodes- Shelly's Baby, Ed getting hit by lightning, Joel and Goony. This is the first active forum about NX I've been able to find. It's nice to be around fellow fans. If you guys get a chance, check out my forum here: http://mrminnifield.proboards58.com I just started it and I'd love to have people check it out and join! Hope to see you there! Bri

armitage32

[12]Jul 14, 2007
    hi all. new to this forum but just finished series 3, pure class! Anyways, few beers drunk watchin series 3 this evening, and can't wait to get series 4 onwards. Some would say a poor way to spend a saturday night, but i've work in the morning and i'm getting too old for getting up after a good session(32!!)

Hollydoodle

[14]Sep 16, 2010

I love Northern Exposure. We don't have television and so I never saw it when it was on the air. I bought season 1 and then eventually the rest as they came out. It is our winter show. We watch an episode almost every week night during the winter. We've seen them all through almost 3 times now (we're currently on the last season. The first couple of years weren't as good as the later seasons. The Joel/Maggie fued got old real fast. I just could not stand Maggie and Joel was boring. They got more likable later on. I really started loving the show when the writers began exploring the lives of the other residents. I found the other people much more interesting than Joel and Maggie. The weird thing for me was Marilyn. The first time I went through the series I found her her amusing but by the third time I didn't like her at all. I found her quite cold and self absorbed. My husband and I always wonder: Why didn't anybody ever punch out Maurice? Also I think the actress who plays Shelly is not like that at all. My husband thinks she is. What do you think?