Some of the final close-up images of the group photo at Joel's party do not match the whole photograph which is seen at the beginning of the scene. For instance Joel and Maggie are next to each other in the close-up, but noticeably apart on the photo.
When Joel is talking with Eve in his office about her condition, he takes off his glasses; the camera shifts to Eve for her lines and then back to Joel, who takes off his glasses again.
Joel: (writes letter) Life here is so elemental. So real. Without the interference of civilization you can really experience things like, ... silence. Silence and darkness in its purity. Right now, right outside my window all I can see is a black void. Endless darkness. It's totally exhilarating, ... and I feel very lucky to be here. Very, very, very lucky.
- "Sin Ti" by Bud and Travis
- "Again Tonight" by John Mellencamp
- "Side by Side" by Kay Starr
- "Terrible Thing" by Booker T. and the MGs
- "Calliope Rag" by American Sampler
- "Poor Butterfly" by Benny Goodman
- "Common Threads" by Bobby McFerrin