Northern Exposure

CBS (ended 1995)

DennisKytasaari

Northern Exposure Fan Reviews (20)

• Northern Exposure was a one-of-a-kind, offbeat but lovable show. The quirky characters and even quirkier storylines made the show hilarious but it even managed to be dramatic sometimes. This show is so quirky, it doesn't even fit a genre!

Is Northern Exposure a comedy or a drama? I'll bet this question has been asked millions of times. If I had to answer, I'd say drama because it's an hour long and I don't believe in one-hour comedies (or aliens for that matter). I guess that proves that I'm as quirky as the show. Hahaha. What I've seen of the show includes only season 1, season 2, and the first part of season 3 . Since I don't get the Hallmark Channel, I rely solely on the DVDs to get my Northern Exposure fix. It'll be interesting to see how I like the show without Joel since I can't stand him. He's always complaining and he is just completely annoying, mean, and rude! On the other hand, I LOVE Maggie! In fact, the reason I started watching the show in the first place is that I'm a huge Janine Turner fan and it's so much fun seeing her 10 years younger! On yet another hand (yes, I have 3 hands), I completely disapprove of Shelly and Holling's relationship and find it disgusting. He's 62 and she's what? 25? Completely inappropriate. Not the kind of quirky I like. Maurice is funny. I laugh at his greediness. I LOVED the episode where he tried to get Marilyn to invest her ostrich farm! hahaha! Speaking of Marilyn, she's my favorite character and it's pretty disappointing that the ostrich farm is the only major storyline she's gotten out of all of season 1 & 2 and the beginning of season 3. It does seem that in season 3 so far, they're trying to include all the stars more equally and I like that. I don't really care for Chris. He's full of himself and this direcly violates my personal quote "Modesty is the best policy". Ed is...well...Ed. I don't really like or dislike him. Ruth Anne is adorable! I love her! She's so kind and caring. Overall, Northern Exposure is a classic show and I truly doubt there'll ever be another show anything like it.