Now and Again Forums

CBS (ended 2000)

What happened to this show?

  • Avatar of greco_24

    greco_24

    [1]Jan 18, 2007
    • member since: 12/20/04
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 57
    Where did this show go?  I remember 6 yrs ago now every1 at skool was watching this show so i decided 2 watch it n i didnt stop! the finale was awesum i couldnt wait 2 c the next season..but their never was one! i hate it when i get hooked on a show and then it gets pulled w/o a proper farewell!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of olgie5000

    olgie5000

    [2]Jan 25, 2007
    • member since: 12/14/06
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    yeh i know! i loved that show...and i remember it after this long so it definately was worth remembering...i was so pissed off when it ended....bring back now and again!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chameleonic1

    chameleonic1

    [4]Mar 3, 2007
    • member since: 12/15/04
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 397
    This is one of my all time favourite shows!

    It was cancelled way way way before its time.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of joenewsinc

    joenewsinc

    [5]Jul 20, 2007
    • member since: 08/12/03
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 7
    Like the recent Jericho, CBS loves to make fantastic shows and cancel them if ratings are not beating what the other guys are showing.

    From what I remember, and this is where I wish the site was still tvtome.com, because they would LIST the reason why it was canceled often. The ratings were simply not high enough to justify the cost of the show. Shame, the ending is heart breaking since well never know what happened next in the story.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of sigil-jenkins

    sigil-jenkins

    [6]Jul 24, 2007
    • member since: 06/04/07
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 1
    it was shelved...the ratings were good, but they thought they had an other show that would get even hire ratings...technically it was shelved...other stations wanted to purchase it e.g., the SciFi Channel and a couple of other, but the refused to sell it, because it could of been been successful elsewhere..they wanted to keep it as a back up plan, if their two (new) other shows didn't work out. This was a longtime ago, so don't remember the specifics..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eMetiB_101

    eMetiB_101

    [7]Aug 24, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 883
    Say it with me... "CBS executives are idiots"... that is why this brilliant show was taken off the air and its fans were left hanging!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of farraliz

    farraliz

    [8]Mar 6, 2008
    • member since: 11/09/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 32
    Owwww COME ON, dear executives. This show is way way way many times better than Heroes and Prison Break. No offense. This series have many good humour lines. . . and how can this show ended with the prisoners escaped, didn't he say he wanted to kill the 'super'man? Well, this 'super'man just ran away from his boss so there must be something more stories that are left hang over.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of farraliz

    farraliz

    [9]Mar 6, 2008
    • member since: 11/09/06
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 32
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    Say it with me... "CBS executives are idiots"... that is why this brilliant show was taken off the air and its fans were left hanging!


    Okay, "CBS executives are idiots"...only if its their cause. I'd like to add something. What audience need is "entertainment" and "a series with good plot". As in Now and Again. I think the Eggman theme is a brilliant one, like how it blended in episodes 1, 2 and 22 (haha I never thought the Eggman would reappeared in the last episode).

    Uhhh, a full stop to this show is a terrible move in the movie/show industry. All we need for any show/series is a decent or proper ending. I don't mind if its a happy or sad ending. Everything must have an ending; and anything that says its end but doesn't even look like an ending is a total rubbish. Because what I see in Now and Again so-called last episode is a super duper climax in the whole story plot. Easy to say, it's like u sell someone a book - unknown to the customer - which is chopped in half and the person after he finished reading was like "what the ... ??!?! This is silly". I'm emphasizing that whatever product u provide must be wrapped properly. So in this context, why can't this show has the full package? I kinda surf into any forum mentioning this show and I have to agree with 'em that this is a cliffhanger.

    Lastly, I gotta say don't abandon a thing just because it is not popular.

    Bye~
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Endgame65

    Endgame65

    [10]Mar 26, 2008
    • member since: 07/18/07
    • level: 28
    • rank: Disco Stu
    • posts: 724
    farraliz wrote:
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    Say it with me... "CBS executives are idiots"... that is why this brilliant show was taken off the air and its fans were left hanging!


    Okay, "CBS executives are idiots"...only if its their cause. I'd like to add something. What audience need is "entertainment" and "a series with good plot". As in Now and Again. I think the Eggman theme is a brilliant one, like how it blended in episodes 1, 2 and 22 (haha I never thought the Eggman would reappeared in the last episode).

    Uhhh, a full stop to this show is a terrible move in the movie/show industry. All we need for any show/series is a decent or proper ending. I don't mind if its a happy or sad ending. Everything must have an ending; and anything that says its end but doesn't even look like an ending is a total rubbish. Because what I see in Now and Again so-called last episode is a super duper climax in the whole story plot. Easy to say, it's like u sell someone a book - unknown to the customer - which is chopped in half and the person after he finished reading was like "what the ... ??!?! This is silly". I'm emphasizing that whatever product u provide must be wrapped properly. So in this context, why can't this show has the full package? I kinda surf into any forum mentioning this show and I have to agree with 'em that this is a cliffhanger.

    Lastly, I gotta say don't abandon a thing just because it is not popular.

    Bye~
    Yeah. If anything, they could have at least given it one or two more episodes to finish the story. I hate cliffhangers. I blame execs and writers. There's nothing wrong with a cliffhanger if the show is ensured another season, but if it's questionable at least give viewers some closer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of peas_and_corn

    peas_and_corn

    [11]Apr 29, 2008
    • member since: 11/22/07
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 136
    It was canceled because it was *very* expensive.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Skevast

    Skevast

    [12]May 8, 2008
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 75
    I wouldn't think so, what was expensiv? The actors were god but not known so obviously not expensiv and they had like 3 CGI in the whole season, so I believe that Stargate is more expensiv then that,
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of chameleonic1

    chameleonic1

    [13]Jun 5, 2008
    • member since: 12/15/04
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 397
    This is one of my all time favourite shows. I wish it went for more than the 1 season! I hate how we never found out what happened with that cliffhanger at the end.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of gold167

    gold167

    [14]Jul 19, 2008
    • member since: 03/28/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 37
    Excellent show used to show late on ITV in the UK, great cast and stories DVD please
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of UncleMatt

    UncleMatt

    [15]Aug 26, 2008
    • member since: 09/30/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 212
    farraliz wrote:
    Owwww COME ON, dear executives. This show is way way way many times better than Heroes and Prison Break. No offense. This series have many good humour lines. . . and how can this show ended with the prisoners escaped, didn't he say he wanted to kill the 'super'man? Well, this 'super'man just ran away from his boss so there must be something more stories that are left hang over.
    HAHAHAHA I'm sorry, it must've been the wind. Cuz I'm sure I heard a noise resembling someone saying that there was a show on TV better than Prison Break. IMPOSSIBLE.
    Edited on 08/26/2008 5:25pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.