Now and Again Forums

CBS (ended 2000)

What happened to this show?

greco_24

[1]Jan 18, 2007
    • level: 2
    Where did this show go?  I remember 6 yrs ago now every1 at skool was watching this show so i decided 2 watch it n i didnt stop! the finale was awesum i couldnt wait 2 c the next season..but their never was one! i hate it when i get hooked on a show and then it gets pulled w/o a proper farewell!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

olgie5000

[2]Jan 25, 2007
    • level: 1
    yeh i know! i loved that show...and i remember it after this long so it definately was worth remembering...i was so pissed off when it ended....bring back now and again!!!!!

chameleonic1

[4]Mar 3, 2007
    • level: 13
    This is one of my all time favourite shows!

It was cancelled way way way before its time.

joenewsinc

[5]Jul 20, 2007
    • level: 1
    Like the recent Jericho, CBS loves to make fantastic shows and cancel them if ratings are not beating what the other guys are showing.

From what I remember, and this is where I wish the site was still tvtome.com, because they would LIST the reason why it was canceled often. The ratings were simply not high enough to justify the cost of the show. Shame, the ending is heart breaking since well never know what happened next in the story.

sigil-jenkins

[6]Jul 24, 2007
    • level: 3
    it was shelved...the ratings were good, but they thought they had an other show that would get even hire ratings...technically it was shelved...other stations wanted to purchase it e.g., the SciFi Channel and a couple of other, but the refused to sell it, because it could of been been successful elsewhere..they wanted to keep it as a back up plan, if their two (new) other shows didn't work out. This was a longtime ago, so don't remember the specifics..

eMetiB_101

[7]Aug 24, 2007
    • level: 36
    Say it with me... "CBS executives are idiots"... that is why this brilliant show was taken off the air and its fans were left hanging!

farraliz

[8]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    Owwww COME ON, dear executives. This show is way way way many times better than Heroes and Prison Break. No offense. This series have many good humour lines. . . and how can this show ended with the prisoners escaped, didn't he say he wanted to kill the 'super'man? Well, this 'super'man just ran away from his boss so there must be something more stories that are left hang over.

farraliz

[9]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 6
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    Say it with me... "CBS executives are idiots"... that is why this brilliant show was taken off the air and its fans were left hanging!

Okay, "CBS executives are idiots"...only if its their cause. I'd like to add something. What audience need is "entertainment" and "a series with good plot". As in Now and Again. I think the Eggman theme is a brilliant one, like how it blended in episodes 1, 2 and 22 (haha I never thought the Eggman would reappeared in the last episode).

Uhhh, a full stop to this show is a terrible move in the movie/show industry. All we need for any show/series is a decent or proper ending. I don't mind if its a happy or sad ending. Everything must have an ending; and anything that says its end but doesn't even look like an ending is a total rubbish. Because what I see in Now and Again so-called last episode is a super duper climax in the whole story plot. Easy to say, it's like u sell someone a book - unknown to the customer - which is chopped in half and the person after he finished reading was like "what the ... ??!?! This is silly". I'm emphasizing that whatever product u provide must be wrapped properly. So in this context, why can't this show has the full package? I kinda surf into any forum mentioning this show and I have to agree with 'em that this is a cliffhanger.

Lastly, I gotta say don't abandon a thing just because it is not popular.

Bye~

Endgame65

[10]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 28
    farraliz wrote:
    eMetiB_101 wrote:

Okay, "CBS executives are idiots"...only if its their cause. I'd like to add something. What audience need is "entertainment" and "a series with good plot". As in Now and Again. I think the Eggman theme is a brilliant one, like how it blended in episodes 1, 2 and 22 (haha I never thought the Eggman would reappeared in the last episode).

Uhhh, a full stop to this show is a terrible move in the movie/show industry. All we need for any show/series is a decent or proper ending. I don't mind if its a happy or sad ending. Everything must have an ending; and anything that says its end but doesn't even look like an ending is a total rubbish. Because what I see in Now and Again so-called last episode is a super duper climax in the whole story plot. Easy to say, it's like u sell someone a book - unknown to the customer - which is chopped in half and the person after he finished reading was like "what the ... ??!?! This is silly". I'm emphasizing that whatever product u provide must be wrapped properly. So in this context, why can't this show has the full package? I kinda surf into any forum mentioning this show and I have to agree with 'em that this is a cliffhanger.

Lastly, I gotta say don't abandon a thing just because it is not popular.

Bye~
    Yeah. If anything, they could have at least given it one or two more episodes to finish the story. I hate cliffhangers. I blame execs and writers. There's nothing wrong with a cliffhanger if the show is ensured another season, but if it's questionable at least give viewers some closer.

peas_and_corn

[11]Apr 29, 2008
    • level: 4
    It was canceled because it was *very* expensive.

Skevast

[12]May 8, 2008
    • level: 8
    I wouldn't think so, what was expensiv? The actors were god but not known so obviously not expensiv and they had like 3 CGI in the whole season, so I believe that Stargate is more expensiv then that,

chameleonic1

[13]Jun 5, 2008
    • level: 13
    This is one of my all time favourite shows. I wish it went for more than the 1 season! I hate how we never found out what happened with that cliffhanger at the end.

gold167

[14]Jul 19, 2008
    • level: 5
    Excellent show used to show late on ITV in the UK, great cast and stories DVD please

UncleMatt

[15]Aug 26, 2008
    • level: 5
    farraliz wrote:
    Owwww COME ON, dear executives. This show is way way way many times better than Heroes and Prison Break. No offense. This series have many good humour lines. . . and how can this show ended with the prisoners escaped, didn't he say he wanted to kill the 'super'man? Well, this 'super'man just ran away from his boss so there must be something more stories that are left hang over.
    HAHAHAHA I'm sorry, it must've been the wind. Cuz I'm sure I heard a noise resembling someone saying that there was a show on TV better than Prison Break. IMPOSSIBLE.
    Edited on 08/26/2008 5:25pm