Numb3rs

Angels and Devils

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 15, 2009 on CBS

• Season Finale - Spoilers ahead

So another season of Numb3rs has yet come to an end.

Review:
    Amita has been abducted by a cult in order to clear credit card debts (I think; maybe they meant the complete accounts?). She manages to communicate to Charlie using his credit card information, pretending to buy items he recognizes as presents he gave her. By changing the prices of those items she sends him the IP adress of the laptop she's using, so Charlie can find out what she is doing for Mason Duryea (our bad guy).
    With the help of the whole team, Larry and Edgerton they manage to save Amita. While Don and Alan are at the house, talking about the last year and what happened and how "being there for someone" can change life, Charlie is at the University with Amita. After saying this made him realize what is important since no one ever knows where life might lead you, he asks her to marry him.

Thoughts:
    What I like so much about Numb3rs is that it is predictable. Main characters don't just die, the good people are good, the bad ones are (mostly) bad. No unforeseen changes occur. I never expect anyone to go crazy or to get killed in an explosion or shooting. And what's most important - the good guys always win.
    It is different from the other shows I watch (for example House and Grey's Anatomy) and that's what I like about it. It feels refreshing to watch an action drama where people can trust one another.
    There is still so much unused potential in the show, I hope the writers realize that for the next season (that will hopefully come next autumn?).

So - nice ending for the season, half-cliffhanger if you think that Amita could turn down the proposal. A solid 8/10 :)