Numb3rs

Breaking Point

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 11, 2008 on CBS

• While assisting in the FBI hunt for a missing reporter, Charlie is assaulted and gets help to deal with the emotional fallout while Colby finds himself taking a personal interest in the case. Alan is unhappy with potential "green" changes to the house.

This show is at its best when dealing with family/personal issues, and I found this episode refreshing. It has everything I love on this show: Charlie angst, Don/Charlie brother issues, Alan's not letting go of the past but finding a way to adjust his thinking without tarnishing his memories, Colby feeling a connection to a reporter who has no one. As always, Larry added humanity and humor, and Ray is a refreshing look at another "science geek". Athough I missed Megan, I loved the discussion centering around her. I enjoyed the scenes between Charlie and the other agents, especially his hilltop scene with Colby. I do agree that this episode helped to flesh out Colby a little more, which is always welcome. This might be my favorite episode of the season. So far.