Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Fanfiction Guidelines (Updated 7/29/07)

scc1fan

[1]Jul 26, 2007
    • level: 51
    Hey everyone!

In this post I will lay out the rules for fanfiction in this forum. Most of you agreed to these rules before the decision was made to allow fics here. However, even if you did not vote on this decision, you are expected to follow these guidelines. Failure to do so will mean that your story/comments will be deleted, and you will be reported to the moderators. If all of us will follow these few simple rules, everyone can enjoy the 'library' we hope to soon have here.

**All stories must be about Numb3rs and their characters. Cross-overs are okay, but make sure you still keep it about Numb3rs.

**All stories posted here MUST be completed. There are several sites that also have this rule, and I think it is very important. If your story is not completed, please wait to post it until it is. Chaptered fics are okay, just make sure all of the chapters are there before you post. **Absolutely NO slash. This is non-negotiable.

Those are the three huge rules. Now--there are few more guidelines that if everyone will follow, will make all stories more enjoyable.

**Rate your story at the beginning. If it has anything not appropriate for young eyes, please say so before the story begins. The system will not allow you to type in cuss words, but please be aware.

**If your story is a death fic (if a major character dies) you MUST place a warning at the beginning of the story. Some people don't like to read those kind of stories, and want to know if that's where it's heading.

**Please try to use proper spelling and punctuation. If you have trouble with that, there are people who are willing to read your story first and help you fix things. They are called beta readers. If you need a beta reader or are interested in being a beta reader for this forum, you can let that be known.

**Make sure you warn readers before the story if it has spoilers. Since we're coming up on Season 4, this is important, since we have a lot of posters from other countries. Something as simple as "Spoilers for Season 4" is appropriate. Just something to give a bit of a warning.

**THIS IS FOR THOSE WHO READ THE STORIES:
    Be kind in your comments. If you don't like the story...you don't have to say that. You can just go out of the thread and never read it again. Constructive criticism is okay, but that can go too far as well. I will be reading the fics and the comments, and will deal with any that violate these rules.

I think that's it...until I think of something else. As always--if you have any questions, please feel free to PM me. I'm always available.

Your editor and fellow fanfic writer,
    Kas
    Edited on 08/08/2007 6:45pm
    Edited 4 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scc1fan

[2]Jul 29, 2007
    Hey guys--I added a couple more rules.

Rule #2 was clarified after a bit of confusion.

I also added two more at the end. Please take the time to look over these revisions.

Thanks,
    Kas

scc1fan

[3]Jul 30, 2007
    Hmmm...I just posted the first fic in our 'library' and I thought of something--it would be a good idea if, when you post a story, in the title of the thread--let's all try to say it's a fic, that way at a glance, people know which are discussion threads and which are fics. The thread title should look like this:

Fic: Obsession

Alright...I think that's it...for now.
    Kas