Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official discussion for "Cause and Effect"

rattylover

[1]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 1
    Hi - this episode looks interesting as it looks like Don will be the wrong side of the law echoing Charlie in S4 finale "When Worlds Collide". Don came accross a little self-righteous in "When Worlds Collide" especially when Charlie tried to stand up for his mathematician friend so I am intrigued as to how Don will deal with being the suspect for a change. Also, am I the only one thinking this finale means we maybe stand a good chance of Season 7 as there has still been no sign of a wedding yet (as far as I know) - surely a wedding would be a way to end a show, not a season?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

numb3rsgirl13

[2]Jan 16, 2010
    • level: 8
    Wait... im confused... is this the last episode of NUMB3RS?!?!?!?!!? But that's sp far away..... i dont want to think about that now..... and i didnt know that was what the episode is about....

-sam

haldrey

[3]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 22
    A picture perfect episode. I am sad to say that this episode spelled 'THE END' in very big letters. I do hope that someone will have enough heart to bring it back.

tjoceasde

[4]Mar 12, 2010
    • level: 18

haldrey wrote:
    A picture perfect episode. I am sad to say that this episode spelled 'THE END' in very big letters. I do hope that someone will have enough heart to bring it back.

I don't know. They wrapped things up so nicely, it would almost be a shame to risk unraveling it by bringing the show back for what would most likely be one more season. Just like when the CW ruined 7th Heaven's WB finale by bringing it back.

All things considered, this might be a goodplace to end the series and remember the good times.

kopeckee

[5]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 20

i agree it was a good ending... i hate to see it go but i dont want it to hang on for 1 more year or 1/2 a season.... i really like this show and never missed it....

Notusedname

[6]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 6

Well even though i most admit that i also think this spells "The End" in the pilot David is new in the force and is now going to have his own antiterror-team in DC, and Charlie and Amita gets married, even Don gets the guts to prepose. I am a bit in denail, but then again where would Prison Break have been if they have givin' it a 5th season, but danm it is a sad day for NUMB3RS.

CRaivios

[7]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    The episode was a promised. When Numb3rs got cut down by six episodes, TPTB said the season finale would be open ended, meaning it could be the last show or leave the door open for another season.

For me, Cause and Effect was a huge disappointment. Yes, the loose ends were wrapped up but the storyline was much less than I expected it to be.

lynna12000

[8]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 21
    CRaivios wrote:
    The episode was a promised. When Numb3rs got cut down by six episodes, TPTB said the season finale would be open ended, meaning it could be the last show or leave the door open for another season.

For me, Cause and Effect was a huge disappointment. Yes, the loose ends were wrapped up but the storyline was much less than I expected it to be.

I think it was more about was more about the characters than it was the case. I'll give the writers credit, they did tie the ends up nicely. Heck we even got to see Edgerton. That was a particularly nice touch. It would have been nicer if we heard even a smidgeon about Megan, but can't have everything.

funquestk9

[9]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 1

The saving grace is that CBS did not advertise this as the Series Finale but as the Season Finale. We shall see.

There is certanly room for the concept to continue in a slightly different setting.

Edited on 03/13/2010 1:08pm

legersem

[10]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 20

At this point, I am hopingfor this episode to have been the series finale. The writers tied everything up so nicely and, with the exception of me wanting Megan to come back one more time, every good character was present for the finale, even Ian Edgerton, which was a very funny way of bringing him in, I thought. By sending Charlie and Amita away to England and David off to Washington D.C., I just don't want the series to continue. With those three characters gone (especially Charlie) it just wouldn't be the same. I just hope they don't continue it and try to pass off Larry and whatshisname as the new math squad because that would be disappointing. All in all, I thought this worked great as a seriesfinale, but it will be very disappointing if they sully it with a new season because, let's face it, as much as it was a good show, another season of Numb3rs would just not be as good.

Nefenjo

[11]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 7
    legersem wrote:

At this point, I am hopingfor this episode to have been the series finale. The writers tied everything up so nicely and, with the exception of me wanting Megan to come back one more time, every good character was present for the finale, even Ian Edgerton, which was a very funny way of bringing him in, I thought. By sending Charlie and Amita away to England and David off to Washington D.C., I just don't want the series to continue. With those three characters gone (especially Charlie) it just wouldn't be the same. I just hope they don't continue it and try to pass off Larry and whatshisname as the new math squad because that would be disappointing. All in all, I thought this worked great as a seriesfinale, but it will be very disappointing if they sully it with a new season because, let's face it, as much as it was a good show, another season of Numb3rs would just not be as good.

THANK YOU!!! Couldn't have put it better myself. And the other guy is Otto Bahn, minor detail. I loved the show while it lasted, but there comes a time when it's just time to say goodbye. Nothing can last forever, especially not on TV, and as many have said, we got a MUCH better send-off than most shows. Bringing it back would be more like starting a Numb3rs spin-off than continuing the show...

ThomasVV

[12]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 10
    Weren't Charley and Amita supposed to be back in three months? If the series continues in September they only have to bring David back from DC or just leave him out.

It's all wrapped up but it's easy to resurrect the series in September.

numb3rsgirl13

[13]Mar 16, 2010
    My uncle swears that this can't be the end when i talked to him on the phone last week, and I really want to believe him but I'm afraid i have to agree that this definetely said THE END all over it

-sam

Nefenjo

[14]Mar 17, 2010
    • level: 7
    ThomasVV wrote:
    Weren't Charley and Amita supposed to be back in three months? If the series continues in September they only have to bring David back from DC or just leave him out.

It's all wrapped up but it's easy to resurrect the series in September.

Nope, it was definitely more than three months. Charlie was still teaching classes, so it couldn't be summer yet. The original wedding date was Oct 6 (or so), and when Charlie told Amita about the offer, he said that they would have to push the wedding back until the returned. It had to be a pretty significant amount to push back for them to decide to have it "tomorrow" instead of going through with planning the wedding (and allowing her parents to be there!). So we know that Charlie and Amita would be gone at least through October, probably, but that would be an odd time to end a school term (mental pause - oh wait, it's in Europe - they're on a completely different school schedule than the U.S, so that point may be invalid), so I would think they would be gone for much later.

KellyKKelly

[15]Mar 18, 2010
    I'm actually kind of glad it's over. The series was getting tired and the actors actually looked like they didn't want to be there anymore. However, Charlie going off to England would make a good two hour movie - stumbling upon a murder in the hallowed halls of academia.

numb3rsgirl13

[16]Mar 21, 2010
    KellyKKelly wrote:
    I'm actually kind of glad it's over. The series was getting tired and the actors actually looked like they didn't want to be there anymore. However, Charlie going off to England would make a good two hour movie - stumbling upon a murder in the hallowed halls of academia.

i agree. bout the movie part i mean! i would really like a numb3rs movie, along with a seventh season!

-sam