Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official Discussion for "Growin Up" SPOILERS

numb3rsgirl13

[1]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 8

I thought this was a pretty good episode... awww poor donnie's gerbil.... AND FOR REAL?!!?!??!!?!? TOMORROW!!!!! and david with the comb... classic... Charlie and don with shadow puppets "Giraffe.... rabbit... dog???" hahaahahha very good

-sam

sad sad next week

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

honorableninja

[2]Mar 5, 2010
    • level: 13

love the episode can't wait for next week man poor gerbil but i curious about something they said it was the season finale of numbers even through it was annouced awhile ago it was ending this year so has that changed?

numb3rsgirl13

[3]Mar 6, 2010
    they havent OFFICIALLY cancelled it yet, although unfortunately we all know its going to happen..... I really wish it wasnt, but all we can do is send letters and hope for the best

-sam

Nefenjo

[4]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 7
    honorableninja wrote:

love the episode can't wait for next week man poor gerbil but i curious about something they said it was the season finale of numbers even through it was annouced awhile ago it was ending this year so has that changed?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Season finales happen every year - it simply means it's the last episode of the season. A series finale means that it's the last episode of the entire season. Perhaps you were asking why they called it a season finale instead of a series finale...? If that is the case, then refer to what Sam said, I guess.

My thoughts on the episode: I think we actually had ALL of the main cast there, except for Robin! And since "SPOILERS" is in the topic, I feel that it's fair to talk about this. The wedding - for one, I feel gipped. At the beginning of the season, I'm pretty sure they were planning on doing the wedding on screen as the season/series finale. But besides that, there are serious issues with having it "tomorrow." Apparently, they had already picked a date. Amita had wedding invitations. Charlie didn't want to have it in Europe because then all their friends couldn't be there. So somehow having it TOMORROW is going to allow them to be there? What are they going to do, call the entire guest list all night long? "Hello! I'm sorry to wake you at this late hour. You know how you got our wedding invitation and it was for October 6 (or something like that, I don't remember the exact date)? Well, we're actually moving it to tomorrow. Can you make it on such short notice?" Oh, and her parents... Umm... they're not gonna be able to make it unless Charlie and Amita already called them AS SOON AS they decided - it's a long flight. I mean, come on - a well-planned wedding in Europe even with a small guest list would be better than a rushed wedding that no one can come to. But then, since it is such short notice, apparently they decided to skip the whole wedding thing and just elope, because that's about all that having it "tomorrow" leaves time for.

Enough ranting about that - yes, the episode had its cute parts, as always. I totally did not follow Charlie with his explanation of the gene sequencing, and I even knew what he was talking about (I've had my fair share of college bio classes). I just didn't see how it was really an analogy for the frame sequencing. But alas, whatever... There are times when it would just be easier if he explained it instead of drawing an analogy. I mean, if they're going to use an obscure analogy that has to be explained anyway, why not just explain the original issue? Yes, sometimes the analogies help to explain it - but other times, they use an analogy because it's expected, not because it helps. That's one of the reasons that this is the last season. Yes, Numb3rs was good, even great, while it lasted. But it's run its course - let them end it while it's still a good show, rather than dragging it out until it's just mediocre (or worse). Granted, if they were planning on ending it this season, they shouldn't have cut it short, but that's TV networks for you.

Ok, I'm really done ranting now... Please don't flame me. I'm just giving my honest opinion. I like the show, I really do, but that doesn't mean that I'm not allowed to think critically about what I'm seeing. Numb3rs is a show that's supposed to make you think; you can't disagree with that.

agent_0042

[5]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 66
    Hey, not at all. You made some very good points.

As for the wedding-- I totally agree. They basically just did that because they want to get it into the show before the season ends because there's a very good chance that there simply isn't going to be another season.

haldrey

[6]Mar 6, 2010
    • level: 22
    One of the best episodes of the season although I kept receiving mixed signals. The storyline points toward the end of the show but the announcements kept saying SEASON finale. I pray for the last and that it returns next season.

Nefenjo

[7]Mar 7, 2010
    • level: 7
    Ok, so making sure that I get this right - there's one more episode before the season(/series) finale, or the next episode IS the season(/series) finale?

And the other thing I forgot to mention... Did anyone else notice how the shoes at the end resembled the ones from the horrendous Sneakerhead episode? Or did I only think that because they were really bright blue, and not many shoes are?

And that reminded me of another thing I forgot to mention... How in the world did they (or rather, ONE person, David) manage to catch up on FIVE YEARS of paperwork in a few days WHILE concentrating on the case?

numb3rsgirl13

[8]Mar 7, 2010
    Nefenjo wrote:
    Ok, so making sure that I get this right - there's one more episode before the season(/series) finale, or the next episode IS the season(/series) finale?

And the other thing I forgot to mention... Did anyone else notice how the shoes at the end resembled the ones from the horrendous Sneakerhead episode? Or did I only think that because they were really bright blue, and not many shoes are?

And that reminded me of another thing I forgot to mention... How in the world did they (or rather, ONE person, David) manage to catch up on FIVE YEARS of paperwork in a few days WHILE concentrating on the case?

yeah i noticed that too about the shoes, and i think they are supposed to be the same thing (you know, budget cuts and what not) and the episode being shown on friday the 12th will be the last episode of the season/ series (there's no use being positive anymore, we all know the truth.....

-sam

foxdvdgh

[9]Mar 8, 2010
    • level: 14

Was it just me or was that video one of the most graphic things they've shown on the show?

numb3rsgirl13

[10]Mar 8, 2010
    foxdvdgh wrote:

Was it just me or was that video one of the most graphic things they've shown on the show?

yeah that was pretty disturbing..... i was a little awkward watching it with adults..... but yeah i totally agree, and i was like, ok you dont have to show it anymore, that's enough, we get it! lol -sam

CRaivios

[11]Mar 10, 2010
    • level: 21
    If this was going to be the penultimate episode for this series, I found it pretty lacking.