Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread (Animal Rites) Spoilers

marvelfan89

[1]Apr 10, 2009
    • level: 39

Excellent episode. I laughed at the dead guy in the cage. Wicked and yet fitting at the same time giving the subject matter of helping/torturing young animals (depending on you looked at it).

Excellent performance by the guy who played Josh...they didn't need the schizophrenia part to his character in my opinion. However, this added more suspense to the episode if you will. Normally I feel something for the victims here, but I didn't. Scenes were good. They took their time establishing main conflict. What a scare for Charlie though when that bomb went off.

Edited on 04/10/2009 10:50pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nefenjo

[2]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    I agree wholeheartedly. The only part that I didn't like is that Larry is moving on from Megan - it appears that they no longer even have a long distance relationship. Some sort of note about that would have been nice... She wouldn't have even needed to come as a special guest. Just have some sort of closure on that for the loyal fans who have seen the other seasons... Honestly, I think the majority of Numb3rs viewers at this point have been following for more than just this season. Percentage-wise, they wouldn't have confused very many viewers by a reference to Megan.

I can't imagine how the episode would have been *without* the schizophrenia. It fit so well... I felt bad for his mother, though. She's obviously been through so much. Although that also raises the issue of when exactly someone can "plead insanity." It doesn't completely absolve them of any responsibility (because he could have been responsible enough to take his medicine), but... Anyway, just something to think about. Along with the research/animal issue, which was obviously the main conflict. I love animals, but I would have to say that I'm pro-research on this issue.

CRaivios

[3]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 21

I agree. The show without the schizophrenia would have just been someone who killed and shot people in the name of animal rights. The mother's excuse would not hold up in court. Her son would spend many years in a prison for the criminally insane (I could not think of a better term). My favorite part was when the other guy surrendered as soon as he left the lab. He would spilling his guts to the FBI to absolve himself of the killing.

I liked the episode but I was a bit underwhelmed.

annas31594

[4]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 4

What happened to Larry still dating Megan?

Nefenjo

[5]Apr 11, 2009
    • level: 7
    annas31594 wrote:

What happened to Larry still dating Megan?

That's what I wanted to know...

atach1

[6]Apr 12, 2009
    • level: 5

I guess with Megan gone he has to move on.

Dog is god spelled backwards and mad dog is god dam backwards so I guess god showed up and saved the day.

haldrey

[7]Apr 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    Excellent episode. Megan is out so Larry has to move on. Love from the distance is a fools love. The animals cruelty story was very well put. Was the ending song "Crying"?

marvelfan89

[8]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 39
    Anybody watch "Fringe" the episode had a story where a bunch of guys try to free/destroy a place doing animal research. The twist was the "monster" of course. Kind of funny. Do you think Charlie would approve of what Walter did and do the same? LMAO.

atach1

[9]Apr 16, 2009
    • level: 5

Fringe is a little bit out there for Charlie. It is hard to tell if he would approve. I doubt that he would have taken the poison.

Walter spent many years in an insane asylum. Charlie would be the mad mathematician, while Walter would be the mad scientist.

They are worlds apart.

Drrd57

[10]Apr 26, 2009
    • level: 4

Nice ep, but I do find the fact that Larry/Charlie/Amita were the ones who come up with the answer rather than the team's Forensic Psychologist as unrealistic and a bit disturbing. To me, it's not a realistic expansion from helping with the math to trying to figure out a suspect's/villan's motives.

To me, this is a huge hole in their team. Terry Lake was the teams Forensic Psychologist and acted as Profiler as well. Megan was the team's psychological profiler, and then she left.

Instead of bringing in Nikki as new off the streets with her L.A.P.D badgne, and keeping Liz on loan from where ever she originally came from, they really should have brought in another Profiler. Or have one they can borrow in hostage situations. It should be someone with training and credientials. Anything else just makes them look unprofessional in these situations.

Edited on 04/26/2009 1:20pm