Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread "Jack of All Trades" (Spoilers)

scc1fan

[1]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 51
    Hey all~

Please discuss the upcoming episode "Jack of All Trades" here.

Thanks!
    Kas
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Chlo3_Obri3n

[2]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 6
    Anyone else here old enough to remember Henry Winkler when he was 'The Fonz' ?

KSC76

[3]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    Oh yeah I watch Happy Days every week along with Laverne & Shirley too very awesome comedy series I was a freshmen in High School.

ilee1990

[4]Oct 23, 2008
    • level: 10
    Me too. I was in grade school-maybe 8-12 yrs old and then I watched all the reruns all the time. It was a great show and I loved his relationship with Richie.

K_A_B_30

[5]Oct 24, 2008
    So excited bout thsi episode and Charlie's return, I hope its a great one!

scc1fan

[6]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 51
    Chlo3_Obri3n wrote:

lol...it's beginning to make me feel old...

Kas

CRaivios

[7]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 21

Great show. The chapter of Charlie losing his security clearance is now closed.

A chameleon is going from company to company, stealing money, leaving no photos, no fingerprints, no traces. An agent is in hot pursuit, like Jean Valjean. Will the ending be like Les Miserables? Hint - no one jumps off a bridge and drowns.

I did not see any of the twists coming, making me pleasantly surprised. The ending was not at all what I suspected.

In the meantime, Alan is trying to save a park he developed after the Watts riots. The way his legacy is preserved is very nice indeed.

Mageta44

[8]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    Why couldn't I stop thinking about Jarod from "The Pretender" while watching this episode?

And the whole security clearance storyline was resolved much to easily for my taste. There has been no explanation or anything.....they just gave it back....that went really against everything built up in the three episodes before...

shocker713

[9]Oct 25, 2008

I can sum this episode up in one word:

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

K_A_B_30

[10]Oct 25, 2008
    Is that a good ayy, or a bad ayy shocker? I LOVED this episode!!!! Not only was it a great crime, all the characters were great, and Charlie got his clearance back, but it was just such a rich one, reminding me why I watch and love Numb3rs! Don at the end was sad, but good. He's not being mr hard head and pretending he's fine, but his dad won't let him drown in himself either. I can' wait to see what comes next week!

haldrey

[11]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 22
    Chlo3_Obri3n wrote:

Yeah and a lot farther, but I am trying not to. And about the eps, excellent, Charlie is finally in, I was getting tired of the boss.

CjTl2005

[12]Oct 25, 2008
    • level: 11
    shocker713 wrote:

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

It's so hard to get that across by typing isn't it? I was waiting for Winkler's character to snap his fingers and then we'd see all the female cast members drop what they were doing to oogle over him. . .

Pretty good episode -- reminded me of Catch me if you Can.

a_g_p

[13]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    i really liked that epi still don't know why they made such a fuss about the clearance thing... i think all the guys applauding when charlie left the elevator - was a bit too much of positive action

the case was great... i really couldn't guess that the kid was only looking for his mother. whew!

all actors did an amazing job in this epi. loved the way don had doubts in the end. and i think he had the best line in that episode - about the moving line - keep going, numb3rs team can't wait for the next epis (though i'm going on vacation for 2.5 weeks and will be able to watch numb3rs again in the middle of november )

CjTl2005

[14]Oct 26, 2008
    • level: 11
    Don't know what kind of vacation we're talking about, but if it involves hotels, you might be OK -- plus most hotels have wi-fi included so you could stream it. If none of that is possible, I guess we'll see you in November!!

lynna12000

[15]Oct 27, 2008
    I agree with Mageta44; Charlie got his clearance back way too easily. I was really starting to enjoy disliking McGowan, and in the end, I felt sorry for him. The people who were SUPPOSED to listen to him, ignored him.

The story about the kid was not too bad; not too original, but not too bad. It was nice to see Liz again. Just wonder what happened to Bettancourt. They couldn't have sent her back to LAPD yet.

And smart as the kid is, how on earth did he manage to find out where the people with those particular social security numbers were? That did not make sense.

Oh well, just means things will get back to normal next week.

KSC76

[16]Oct 30, 2008

I really enjoyed this episode of ( NUMB3RS ) it was very entertaining & the writing was excellence. I thought Henry, Winkler did A really nice job in playing Agent Bloom, he was A little bossy with Don & his team looking for his suspect for pass two years & never got A picture of him that really hard to believe. I was really happy for Charlie he got his clearance back & Don got too keep his job. I enjoyed this episode it was very special I loved the part when Alan was really upset about his park he help build 25 years ago they were going to destroy it & build A new one. It show how much feeling & Love this man has too give too very one even his two grown sons. He lost A park & new one was given back for him too plan & help build A very touching episode it was awesome I give this episode A high rating of 10 .

DeodatusGirl

[17]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 10
    shocker713 wrote:

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

are you a mindreader or what?! totally ayyyyyyyyy

kinda funny seeing as the other night i was watching a scrubs and JD does a fonz impersonation!!!!!

Nefenjo

[18]Oct 31, 2008
    Great plot line, I enjoyed it. I had to laugh when Liz borrowed that camera and was so triumphant to get his picture, then a commercial break - and all she got was a reflection of the flash. LOL!!! Another great part was the stakeout scene in the car with the lady who kept hitting on Colby. "The Bureau frowns on fraternizing with potential witnesses" - and then David just kind of snickered, considering what happened last week...

I agree that the final decision was a bit *too* easy in the end (we all knew he'd get his clearance back, and he needed to for the show to continue, but... It was all built up for so long and then there's this vague "here you go, give this to your brother." ). I don't know how it could have been better, but they'd better have some more closure with that.

And, that's all I have to say for now.

NUMB3RSno1freak

[19]Nov 2, 2008

I really loved the investigation in this episode, it was really different and I felt really bad for the kid that all he was doing was looking for his mother and it was awesome that Don stepped in and let the kid have a few moments with her. Don at the end But Alan soon sorted it out And the whole big clapping thing when Charlie was back was just a bit OTT, although it was kind of funny when he threw his visitors badge away Do you really think MacGowan (I can't spell, sorry) did recommend against the security clearance? It annoyed me though that he just magically got it back without any further problems even though MacGowan said he was against (although for all the wrong reasons ) Well at leastit looks like we're out of the woods with the security clearance crap because we all knew what the outcome of it was going to be when it was renewed for the 5th season (or even before that when Alan said "I think it's a, to be continued...") All the actors were amazing in this episode even MacGowan, Liz (but she is way...better than Nikki cause that's a person that really annoys me) and that crazy wee FBI guy, even thought they all annoyed me to hell!!! And the part wen when David, Liz, Colby and the manager where all sitting in the SUV outside the club he (had the cheek to say) that it was frowned upon by the beaurau for agents to have a relationship with witnesses. I was even ANGRIER than I was last week and I didn't think that was possible!!!! Though it was funny to see Davids face But we all know that they will not just forget about this, it WILL come up again!!! It just not one of then one shot storylines, if you know what I mean. I think David will end up saying something out anger to Colby about it that he'll later regret. Cause I'm telling you if that had happened in episode 2 before all the team was interviewed I am sure that MacGowan would have found out about it and brought it up. Anyways, I can't wait for next weeks episode and for the good old NUMB3RS to be back, however I am quite concerned yet excited to see what they do with the rest of the season (I HOPE involves some more Edgerton )

Olli3

[20]Nov 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    i don't like that new agent AT AL! (the curly one)