Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: "Scorched" (Spoilers)

phf3947

[1]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 71
    Please discuss "Scorched" in this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mtbakerrooneys

[2]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 8
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

scc1fan

[3]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 51
    1 and 1/2 hours! Can't wait! Bill Nye is going to rock!

ravenrox2

[4]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 7
    ^^ Hes Bill Nye course he is and anyway its on right now! that body was disgusting...

ravenrox2

[5]Dec 16, 2005
    Im not sure I like where this is going i dnt get it...

codydoooo

[6]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 5
    Kind of dumb, they already did "one of the lead guys from one of the agencys working with them is the bad guy" thing

agent_0042

[7]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 66
    Well, I liked it. I thought it was excellent. I was surprised that they didn't use Bill Nye more, but hey, quality over quantity. I'm glad that they didn't make the mistake of overusing him and I look forward to seeing him in future episodes of the show.

Some very interesting math and facts in this one. One thing I really like about the show is how they can start out with all the procedural-crime-drama type stuff and then get into the deep math.

marvelfan89

[8]Dec 16, 2005
    • level: 39
    Yep Bill hasn't looked like his aged, his
    still as I remember him as a kid.

Sharpfan

[9]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 10
    I didn't care for it that much. I knew who the arsonist was right off the bat. I'm never right on this show, and that's one of the things I like about it. If I can guess who it is without 2nd guessing myself a half dozen times, then the writers haven't done their jobs.
    I felt that the only reason why they wrote this episode was so that Bill Nye could make an appearance. And while I like "The Science Guy" as much as the next person, I don't think that's a good enough reason to write a poorly constructed episode.
    About the only thing I enjoyed about this episode was Alan walking in the bathroom to take a shower and finding Larry and Charlie sitting in the tub together. (Well, on the edge of the tub, anyway. )
    Oh, and why did they have to show that gross corpse over and over again? I hope that they aren't feeling that they have to be just as gross as the CSI's. That's why I stopped watching them.

rerich

[10]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 5
    Unfortunately fire bugs are often members of a fire department. And, yes, it is their fellow officers who are most at risk. I liked it, esp. that Charlie's problems at a younger age were brought up and used as part of the criminal investigation. And I liked the end when Charlie and Don were trying to work together on the shower. Isn't it amazing how much easier it is to screw something on that it is to get it off?

However, I am afraid that they are trying to live up? to the CSI's image. I don't like the gross stuff myself. I watch Miami but cannot bring myself to watch New York.

movethatbus

[11]Dec 17, 2005
    • level: 15
    this was a really cool ending...i didnt like the fact that this ep. didnt have as much math as some of the oth. ones

the oth. genius kid was kinda cool tho...i loved how charlie could relate to him. i liked the part with bill nye and the backdraft...i didnt no u can do that with a candle. my sis thought that was cool too. ive gotta try that now

scc1fan

[12]Dec 18, 2005
    I loved it! It's been said...so i'm just agreeing, but I'm glad they didn't overuse Nye. I thought the math was fantastic...the writers are doing a better job of using math, but still making it understandable to the viewers. The bathtub moment was priceless. I also really liked the other kid that Charlie related to. Slightly off-topic...but was anyone else surprised at "Twitty's" role and how well he did? Basically, I loved the entire thing. I love how they've started ebding the shows with the Eppes boys doing something together. I also loved...wow...I could go on and on!

movethatbus

[13]Dec 18, 2005
    i was surprised to see "twitty". he looks really old now.

scc1fan

[14]Dec 18, 2005
    I know it! I was glad he turned out to be a not-so-bad-bad guy.

celticwytch

[15]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 3
    Of course, the idea of someone in the fire department being the arsonist has been done before, in the movie Backdraft for example, but nothing's really new. It certainly didn't ruin my enjoyment of seeing this version.
    I did enjoy the scene with Larry and Charlie in the bathroom and also Charlie and Don fixing the faucet. But I really liked the garage scene. Allen automatically reverted to being the "father in charge of the house" completely forgetting that the house, and garage, now belong to Charlie and he can do whatever he likes to them. As a parent of grown children I can really relate to how hard it is to always remember that you're not in control anymore. It was like laughing at myself.

scc1fan

[16]Dec 20, 2005
    The best one of those 'forgetful moments' is when Alan offered for that old friend to get married in the house. That was so funny!

ravenrox2

[17]Dec 23, 2005
    scc1fan wrote:
    I loved it! It's been said...so i'm just agreeing, but I'm glad they didn't overuse Nye. I thought the math was fantastic...the writers are doing a better job of using math, but still making it understandable to the viewers. The bathtub moment was priceless. I also really liked the other kid that Charlie related to. Slightly off-topic...but was anyone else surprised at "Twitty's" role and how well he did? Basically, I loved the entire thing. I love how they've started ebding the shows with the Eppes boys doing something together. I also loved...wow...I could go on and on!

Personally I was dissapointed. I thought there was no math, for once Numb3rs was predictable (I figured out who it was in the beggining which I NEVER do. So I am hoping that OG will be better. I did like the end scence though that was funny. And yeah the kid Charlie was talking to moment was awsome.

movethatbus

[18]Dec 28, 2005
    i didnt fig. it out from the beginnning...i was actually surprised at the end

i didnt think there was enough math in this ep. either