Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Official Episode Discussion "Dreamland" (10-30-09)

marvelfan89

[1]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 39
    "The FBI team investigates a decommissioned air base that has recently observed mysterious paranormal activity. While looking into a woman's death, spooky occurrences change the tone of the investigation."

What an excellent episode. Just like last week's episode, I really didn't know what this episode would be about, other than an inkling that it might be about aliens.It was a realistic episode, and I am glad that they didn't arrive at a simple judgement for the answer. John Michael Higgins as Floyd was absolutely hysterical. Terrific timing, delivery of the character who was very unique:

"The microchip was implanted without her knowledge"-Floyd then puts on the sunglasses like nothing. Other quotesI loved "Death by UFO should bw interesting","You were saying Agent Mulder." Not too mention the Scooby Doo references. I know that there isn't much math but Numbers will never be a generic action show. The writing and character development is too good on this show for that to happen.

Edited on 10/30/2009 11:14pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

abelzo

[2]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 1
    WOW! That John Michael Higgins actor as Floyd the Departement 44 agent was simply the best act of a guest star in years. BRAVO.

haldrey

[3]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 22
    A great and entertaining episode. The storyline was extremly good and this week's Larry substitute, Floyd, was fantastic unlike the one used last week. They can use him in future episodes again.

mamunn2

[4]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 6
    I loved this episode the Scooby Doo references Floyd the agents scaring the heck out of Amita. Really good episode

pgsuperfan

[5]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 25
    Yes I liked Agent 44 too.John Michael Higgins actor as Floyd the Departement 44 agent was simply the best act of a guest star in years. I agree. Doesn't he play a judge on Raising the Bar ?

Nefenjo

[6]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    Floyd just creeped me out. Not scared me like he did Amita, but I thought he was just weird. Better than last week, definitely. Good guest star, but I still never understood what he was all about. Him and his "invisible cell phone" - that never got explained. Does he have a microchip in his head, too? One that transmits his thoughts/actions to his superiors and transfers information back the other way? And frankly, he did always just "materialize." He seemed more like a walking, talking catalog than a person. Oh! I get it now! He was a robot!

Side thought - Floyd wasn't with Nikki and Colby when the first Scooby reference was made... So how did he know to make the reference at the end?

Also, I really liked how Charlie "proved" who was guilty - using Otto's personality without his knowledge. Very clever. And I thought he was just staring at the board smirking because he was thinking about how to fix the prototype. Nope, he was smirking because he recognized the personality.

Last thing, the thing with Amita and the necklace was really sweet...

haldrey

[7]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 22
    Yes, he plays a gun wielding kind of crazy judge.

numb3rsgirl13

[8]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 8

Nefenjo wrote:
    Last thing, the thing with Amita and the necklace was really sweet...

I totally agree.... that was the best part of the episode, as well as a major awwwww moment

-sam

parker_kincaid

[9]Nov 1, 2009
    • level: 11
    This episode was truly bizarre. I liked it a lot but between the engineer that helped Charlie and "Agent 44" the show was overflowing with craziness.

What I did like about the show was the fact that it was pretty rounded even with the weird stuff going on. There reference to Larry's absence which some show writers simply wouldn't have slipped into the dialog and instead acted like the person had never existed. There was the present of the necklace to Amita. That really was a touching gesture especially for Alan do do it on his wife's birthday. We've always known that Alan liked Amita and he nearly had to hit Charlie over a head to let Charlie know that Amita liked him. We had spookiness fitting of a Halloween episode. We had some possible major character development with regard to the discussions between Don and Sinclair. I really like how much they've delved into Don's character and let us see the changes in his beliefs, etc, as he's had his experiences. We've been seeing the progression of Sinclair possibly moving up on the ladder in the Bureau.

This episode managed to pack a lot into a single 40-some-odd minute episode and leave us fully feeling entertained. This show was all the goofiness and oddness that we've come to know and love and then throw put it on steroids. This is a classic episode to be remembered by those who will either love it or those who will consider it just too weird.

CRaivios

[10]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 21
    I thought this episode was mediocre at best. I feel it was no coincidence that CBS chopped 6 episodes from the schedule after this show aired. As I stated elsewhere, the stars have begun making other plans for the future. It looks like David will go to DC.

ABlueButterfly

[11]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 1

With respect, does anyone have any knowledge of how the characters in this plot were developed? My understanding is there was a writer's strike at the time this episode was written. Did Ms. Heuton and Mr. Falacci actually write this episode or was there an additional writer. This episode made me smile. The characters had a familiarity that I would like to have explained. It is possible the writers of this episode could fill in some blanks?

Thank you so very much.

A Blue Butterfly