Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

Questions You May Have

Saz16

[441]May 9, 2009
    • level: 7
    Really quick question, Can anyone remember what Charlie said one episode regarding Minesweeper, He said this in relation to, (I think), a sniper or Explosives case in either the first or fifth (again not too sure.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Nefenjo

[442]May 9, 2009
    RYanovskaya wrote:

By the way, I seem to have missed the part where Charlie is moving to a new office? What exactly is the position he got and why did he move offices?

I think he's now department head, so he has the head of the department's office. It was a few episodes ago - maybe episode 18 or 19, 12:01 am or Animal Rites, respectively. Can't say for sure, though, but I don't think it was earlier than that. The actual moving in occurred in episode 20, The Fifth Man.

RYanovskaya

[443]May 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    Thanks! I remember that now.

Mizzkarma42

[444]May 12, 2009
    • level: 3
    Saz16 wrote:
    Really quick question, Can anyone remember what Charlie said one episode regarding Minesweeper, He said this in relation to, (I think), a sniper or Explosives case in either the first or fifth (again not too sure.)

It's in the uncertainty priciple and he uses it to figure out the bank robbers next target it's about he says it's np complete which is a refference to a millenium problem worth 1 million dollars

Saz16

[445]May 31, 2009
    Thank you for that but I was actually refering to his quotation about the numbers on a Minesweeper board / with the placement of a bomb on the board in relation to that number.

numb3rsgirl13

[446]Jun 5, 2009
    • level: 8
    Saz16 wrote:
    Thank you for that but I was actually refering to his quotation about the numbers on a Minesweeper board / with the placement of a bomb on the board in relation to that number.

that the number was the number of bombs directly adjacent to that square

-sam

NUMB3RSno1freak

[447]Jun 20, 2009
    • level: 6
    Anybody got a date for the Season 6 premiere??

NUMB3RSno1freak

[448]Jun 25, 2009

NUMB3RSno1freak wrote:
    Anybody got a date for the Season 6 premiere??

Just found the answer to my own question -and I don't know why I find that as funny as I do- NUMB3RS Season 6 will be returning on September 25th.

Source: http:// news-briefs .ew. com/2009/06/ cbs-announces-premiere-dates-for-fall- .html (remove the spaces)

September couldn't be further away right now. *holes up in room with NUMB3RS boxsets*

*comes back out to get the DVD remote*

sofia2173

[449]Jul 18, 2009

i have a question....

.... at the beginning of episode 20 "5th man", Don asks David something like "what do you want us to do boss". was he joking or did i miss something?

i mean isn't David supposed to be the boss only when Don isn't around?!?!?!

sofia2173

[450]Jul 18, 2009
    and another quick question, does anyone knows how to get rid of this stupid facebook connection?

Nefenjo

[451]Jul 20, 2009
    sofia2173 wrote:

i have a question....

.... at the beginning of episode 20 "5th man", Don asks David something like "what do you want us to do boss". was he joking or did i miss something?

i mean isn't David supposed to be the boss only when Don isn't around?!?!?!

Yes, he was joking. And I don't know about the "stupid facebook connection" - if you can't find any way to turn it off in your preferences/options, it's probably part of the site now and you'll just have to deal with it. :/

sofia2173

[452]Jul 21, 2009
    Nefenjo wrote:

Yes, he was joking. And I don't know about the "stupid facebook connection" - if you can't find any way to turn it off in your preferences/options, it's probably part of the site now and you'll just have to deal with it. :/

well he could be joking, but david told him what to do and he did it....
    that's why i got confused.....

i found a way to get rid if the facebook connection, you have to go to your facebook page, edit application, authorized, and delete the tv.com.

Nefenjo

[453]Jul 21, 2009
    Ah - my lack of facebook probably helped me with that. And since Fifth Man was the one where he was stabbed and this incident apparently happened before that (it's been a while since I've seen the episode), I'm guessing Don was just humoring him. I know that after he was stabbed and still recovering, David took over even when Don was in the office because Don wanted to see him handle his new responsibility. But honestly, I can't remember the specific incident that you're talking about...

Teamrat

[454]Jul 29, 2009
    • level: 16
    can anyone tell me which episode is the one with ninjas? I remember watching a promo for it a while back but never got a chance to watch it.

NUMB3RSno1freak

[455]Jul 31, 2009

Teamrat wrote:
    can anyone tell me which episode is the one with ninjas? I remember watching a promo for it a while back but never got a chance to watch it.

Ninjas..? :S...

WAIT! Are you talking about the dreaded "Sneakerhead" episode?!?!???

I can't think of any episode lately that's had ninjas in it. But I've had brainblock most of the day soo... I won't be of further help.

damonkeygirl

[456]Aug 25, 2009
    • level: 3
    I have two questions I'm to get some help on.

1.) I have only recently found the show (watched all the eps, but), i watched some of them episodes completely out of order. Can someone please explain all the stuff with Liz, I mean in one ep she's there, and then in the next one i watch, she isn't, so on and so forth. And if someone could clear that up, it'd be great.

2.) Charlie and the whole driving thing, in general.

Nefenjo

[457]Aug 26, 2009
    damonkeygirl wrote:
    I have two questions I'm to get some help on.

1.) I have only recently found the show (watched all the eps, but), i watched some of them episodes completely out of order. Can someone please explain all the stuff with Liz, I mean in one ep she's there, and then in the next one i watch, she isn't, so on and so forth. And if someone could clear that up, it'd be great.

2.) Charlie and the whole driving thing, in general.

Well, the better idea would be to watch the rest of the episodes in order... You can watch them all online at http://www.tv-life.com/shows/numb3rs/ (I hope that went through!). However, in general, this is my best explanation...

1) Liz isn't really an official member of the team. She's a supporting cast member, so she doesn't have to be in all the episodes. I think...

2) Charlie is generally a bad driver. In the pilot episode (S1E1), we find out that he doesn't have a driver's licence - whether he never had one or it was revoked, I'm not sure. Eventually in the series he does get his licence, and it's a big deal. However, the characters frequently joke about his bad driving skills. That's pretty much it...

Nefenjo

[458]Aug 26, 2009
    Well, it won't let me edit that post... Silly browser troubles. Anyway, the URL I provided only has the first 3 seasons. The most recent two might be on Hulu or something... Good luck!

alienDefender

[459]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 1

Hello All Numb3rs Fan,

I like to have a small information.

I really like this show, and i like to recreate it in my regional Languages ( Indian Languages ).

I am planning to only get the basic idea, a genius mathematician tries to solve crimes using math with the help of his law enforcement brother. I wont be taking any of the episodes idea. I already have some 12-13 stories with a lot of math in it, which is enough for one season. I also have an idea for a movie based on this thread which is not exactly numb3rs kind of stuffs, even thought the basic idea is "Using Math to solve crime".

I like to know whether their is any legal problems if i take one here. Do i have to get any rights from any one to make such a series?

Regards, alienDefender

Edited on 10/11/2009 9:37am

mamunn2

[460]Oct 11, 2009
    I have a question about the episode where Charlie sees his mother and as I recall Alan also sees her. My question is does Don ever see his mother or not? Thanks