Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

The End of Numb3rs

Where will the finale lead the cast?

CRaivios

[1]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 21

The very sad news that CBS has cut six episodes from Numb3rs this season, leading most of us to believe that the series is about to be cancelled.

My question is what direction will the cast be headed in after the wedding. Will nothing change? Will everyone move onto something big somewhere else? Will there be a movie down the road?

I can definitely see at least one of the major stars getting a big opportunity and move somewhere else. Imagine that Amita cannot pass up another chance to work at Harvard. Robin gets a huge promotion to work in Washington DC and Don decides to follow her. David, Colby, Liz, Nikki, they can scatter to the wind and end up in better jobs elsewhere. Larry, well, he is just Larry.

What does everyone else think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KSC76

[2]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 7

Question! where did you fine out your information ? I hope your wrong & they will go ahead of plans finish up with those 6 episodes & more too follow. They have been winning there time slot every Friday night they may have lost some viewers but thats no reason too cancel A series for that. CBS needs too think long & hard before they let our series go bye bye. NUMB3RS fans we need too start A prayer line & pray that CBS will not cancel our favorite series NUMB3RS.

Nefenjo

[3]Nov 5, 2009
    KSC76 wrote:

Question! where did you fine out your information ? I hope your wrong & they will go ahead of plans finish up with those 6 episodes & more too follow. They have been winning there time slot every Friday night they may have lost some viewers but thats no reason too cancel A series for that. CBS needs too think long & hard before they let our series go bye bye. NUMB3RS fans we need too start A prayer line & pray that CBS will not cancel our favorite series NUMB3RS.

The link to the news about it is on another thread - "Have you seen this ???????" I know, I asked the same question. But yeah, it's pretty much official that this is the last season. Which is what most of us have been saying for a while... Shows can't last forever, you know.

I voted for the second option.

lynna12000

[4]Nov 5, 2009
    The idea of David following Robin to DC is a pretty good one. As is Amita going to Harvard, with Charlie following her. And I can see David taking over the unit with Colby as his second in command. Alan and Larry have already pretty much moved on with their lives.

rattylover

[6]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 1
    lynna12000 wrote:
    The idea of David following Robin to DC is a pretty good one. As is Amita going to Harvard, with Charlie following her. And I can see David taking over the unit with Colby as his second in command. Alan and Larry have already pretty much moved on with their lives.
    Can anyone else see a double wedding, Charlie and Amita and Don and Robin? I agree, David will take over the team which will stay the same, just no Don. Alan will move into his condo so Charlie and Amita will have the house and Larry will just continue staring into space .. Just remind me, when did Robin move to DC?

CRaivios

[7]Nov 6, 2009

rattylover wrote:
    lynna12000 wrote:
    Can anyone else see a double wedding, Charlie and Amita and Don and Robin? I agree, David will take over the team which will stay the same, just no Don. Alan will move into his condo so Charlie and Amita will have the house and Larry will just continue staring into space .. Just remind me, when did Robin move to DC?

Robin did not move to DC. It was a scenario I suggested for the end of the show. I thought Robin could get an great offer from the Justice Dept. and not be able to turn it down. After this week's show, I think that David, not Don, will move to DC.

No way will it be a double wedding IMO, although another Eppes proposal could be in the future. BTW, did I mention that I am NEVER right when predicting what is going to happen on any of my shows? Just thought I would throw that out there.

numb3rsgirl13

[8]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 8
    CRaivios wrote:

rattylover wrote:
    lynna12000 wrote:

Robin did not move to DC. It was a scenario I suggested for the end of the show. I thought Robin could get an great offer from the Justice Dept. and not be able to turn it down. After this week's show, I think that David, not Don, will move to DC.

No way will it be a double wedding IMO, although another Eppes proposal could be in the future. BTW, did I mention that I am NEVER right when predicting what is going to happen on any of my shows? Just thought I would throw that out there.

lol. at least you have some idea haha

-sam

Jim856796

[9]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 14
    I think that because of CBS's recent decision to cut the episode order of Numb3rs's sixth season, the series should end. But why cancel it this season. I came up with an idea: How about if the series's ratings improve this season, then it would be renewed for a seventh season in 2010-11 and that season should be the perfect time to end the series.

pgsuperfan

[10]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 25
    If they do a movie, make a TV movie not for theatres

CRaivios

[11]Nov 7, 2009

I came to a horrible realization last night.

CBS decided not to end Numb3rs after 13 episodes and start a new show in Jan.

TV shows are filmed about 8 weeks before they are aired. Next week is episode 8. Does this mean that everything had been filmed and only the finale needed to be done? Is that why there are 16 episodes for this season?

numb3rsgirl13

[12]Nov 7, 2009
    pgsuperfan wrote:
    If they do a movie, make a TV movie not for theatres

yeah i totally agree

mlbfans

[13]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 4
    CBS' recent decision to cut the episode order for "Numb3rs" from 22 to 16 was a signal that the show will not be returning for a sixth season, reports Michael Ausiello in Entertainment Weekly.

The producers have been given notice and have accepted the end date as an opportunity to wrap up all the storylines in the remaining shows.

Spinobreaker

[14]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    its sad, all my fav shoes seem to be reaching there systematic deaths atm... and all are being replaced by bad BSG/lost rip offs...

all i can say is, nothing we do, as fans, will change anything, thats my experience, its gone, and well be lucky to get any closure, expecially with episodes cut back...

R.I.P NUMB3RS...

numb3rsgirl13

[15]Nov 9, 2009
    way to go NUMB3RS fans... over 1200... keep it up!!!!!

KSC76

[17]Nov 9, 2009
    Hey! Jim856796, I agree with you A 350%

rattylover

[18]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    CRaivios wrote:

rattylover wrote:
    lynna12000 wrote:

Sorry to go slightly off-topic here, but I have it in my little head that Robin left for a job in DC (Season 4/5?) and Don had the line something about "I thought your future would include me". I'm fairly certain I didn't just dream this up so if anyone could head over to the "Any Questions" where I've posted this question and put me out of my misery I'd be grateful!!

steveuk2010

[19]Nov 14, 2009

Atleast CBS have gave them time to wrap up properly the way the writters want to as theres nothing more i hate than a tv show getting cancelled and the writers dont have time to wrap it up.

CRaivios the way the writers etc are talking i would guess they problable have 3 or 4 more episodes left to film

Edited on 11/14/2009 5:30pm

Jim856796

[20]Nov 29, 2009
    • level: 14
    I forgot to put this sentence in my last post: Numb3rs can either end its run this season or next season.