Numb3rs Forums

CBS (ended 2010)

What Will The Wedding Be Like?

What Kind of Wedding Will Amita and Charlie Have?

CRaivios

[1]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 21
    The last few episode have made reference to the wedding. I can't help but wonder what it will be like. Will Amita be dressed in a red sari and have Medndi on her hands and feet? Will they have a strictly American ceremony, like the one Alan had for Don's high school prom date? Will there be anything Jewish?
    Edited on 10/24/2009 10:20am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mamunn2

[2]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 6
    I think that the wedding will be a nice mixture of Indian tradition and American tradition I don't know how much Jewish tradition will be in it since Charlie isn't religious

numb3rsgirl13

[3]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 8
    well when amita sent charlie invitations, they were all jewish in theme so i dont know what theyll do. i know i would like to see theme do a little of both indian and jewish, but i don't know. and btw, what is an american ceremony? i mean their are a lot of different people in america, and all are different religions

CRaivios

[4]Oct 24, 2009

numb3rsgirl13 wrote:
    well when amita sent charlie invitations, they were all jewish in theme so i dont know what theyll do. i know i would like to see theme do a little of both indian and jewish, but i don't know. and btw, what is an american ceremony? i mean their are a lot of different people in america, and all are different religions

An American ceremony is just like the one in Soft Target from Season Two. The bride wears a white dress and it was held in the Eppes' backyard.

An Indian ceremony would have Amita wearing a highly decorated red sari, her hands and feet decorated with mehndi dye. There are many other traditions. I have seen some Indian weddings on cable wedding shows. They are so exotic to me.

Nefenjo

[5]Oct 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    I'm guessing probably parts of American and parts of Indian, because as mentioned, Charlie may be genetically Jewish, but he's culturally American. Yes, I know someone pointed out that all the invitations had a Jewish theme, but I've heard more of Amita's references to Indian culture than any references to Jewish things.

ilee1990

[6]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 10
    The "American" wedding some of you refer to is a Christian wedding (denomination unknown since it wasn't mentioned).

Charlie is culturally Jewish. This has been alluded to many times throughout the series. Believe it or not it is possible to be both "American" and Jewish. What a shock, I know. You can also be a non-believer and still be culturally Jewish.

The question is whether they will have a civil ceremony (no religion, just a justice of the peace)or whether they will honor their religious background. Realistically speaking--they can't marry under Jewish tradition because Amita is not Jewish. You have to be Jewish to marry another Jewish person under their religious traditions. She could convert but the process takes years and is rarely done. Not likely given her strong connections to her own family.

A Hindu wedding is possible but who knows what the producers will approve. My guess is that they will have a civil ceremony with elements from the Hindu tradition.

CRaivios

[7]Nov 1, 2009

ilee1990 wrote:
    The "American" wedding some of you refer to is a Christian wedding (denomination unknown since it wasn't mentioned). Charlie is culturally Jewish. This has been alluded to many times throughout the series. Believe it or not it is possible to be both "American" and Jewish. What a shock, I know. You can also be a non-believer and still be culturally Jewish. The question is whether they will have a civil ceremony (no religion, just a justice of the peace)or whether they will honor their religious background. Realistically speaking--they can't marry under Jewish tradition because Amita is not Jewish. You have to be Jewish to marry another Jewish person under their religious traditions. She could convert but the process takes years and is rarely done. Not likely given her strong connections to her own family. A Hindu wedding is possible but who knows what the producers will approve. My guess is that they will have a civil ceremony with elements from the Hindu tradition.

Most of the people I know, be they Jewish, Buddhist, Christian, Black, White, Asian or Hispanic, have had what I referred to as the American wedding - rehearsal dinner, white dress, processional, Here Comes the Bride, cake, the first dance, etc.

An Indian wedding, as I have seen on TV, have the bride in a red sari when mehndi painted on her hands and feet. There are a lot of other customs that I am not familiar with. From what I've seen, adding those traditions will be very expensive.

I am wondering how much the producers will be willing to spend, even if it is the series finale. Given the tight budget the show is on, only time will tell.

Or will Charlie and Amita have a small ceremony in LA and fly to India for a traditional Hindu ceremony there?

Edited on 11/01/2009 1:22pm

lynna12000

[8]Nov 5, 2009
    Or they could elope to Vegas on the way to Amita's job at Harvard.

CRaivios

[9]Nov 6, 2009

With Amita meticulously picking out invitations, I doubt there will be an elopement.

Since Numb3rs is getting cancelled to save CBS money, I think it will be a wedding just like Soft Target in Season Two. The PTB can get by spending very little money on it.

lynna12000

[10]Nov 6, 2009
    CRaivios wrote:

With Amita meticulously picking out invitations, I doubt there will be an elopement.

Since Numb3rs is getting cancelled to save CBS money, I think it will be a wedding just like Soft Target in Season Two. The PTB can get by spending very little money on it.

The invitations could be for the reception in the backyard. Save money on the wedding ceremony by eloping; then spend a lavish amount on the reception for the guests.

DeodatusGirl

[11]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 10

i'm sooo glad someone finally asked this Q, the wedding would be perfect in the eppes back garden just like in season 2 ( i know its been meantioned but just agreeing!)

how awsome would that be think about it?!!!!

CRaivios

[12]Jan 31, 2010
    Re the info on Devil Girl, episode 13, airing January 29, the wedding will be in an arboretum on Oct. 9th. I doubt we will ever see Amita and Charlie tie the knot with the few episodes there are left. That would be 3 by my count and it could be all over by the end of sweeps in Feb.

CRaivios

[13]Mar 13, 2010
    CRaivios wrote:
    Re the info on Devil Girl, episode 13, airing January 29, the wedding will be in an arboretum on Oct. 9th. I doubt we will ever see Amita and Charlie tie the knot with the few episodes there are left. That would be 3 by my count and it could be all over by the end of sweeps in Feb.

There is nothing I liked about this wedding. No flowers, no nice dress. The ceremony and reception of a cheapskate. I know that the staff was scurrying around when the shows got cut back, but I do not believe this is the wedding that was originally planned by TPTB.

CRaivios

[14]May 23, 2010
    CRaivios wrote:
    CRaivios wrote:

There is nothing I liked about this wedding. No flowers, no nice dress. The ceremony and reception of a cheapskate. I know that the staff was scurrying around when the shows got cut back, but I do not believe this is the wedding that was originally planned by TPTB.

At least David Krumholtz got a beautiful wedding in real life at the Plaza Hotel in NYC.