Numb3rs

Friendly Fire

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 02, 2009 on CBS

• Although there was no real math in this episode, the story and the acting was so good that it reminded me once again why I love this show.

This was a brilliant episode with a brilliant performance from Rob Morrow. The beginning of the episode was pretty intense with the FBI agents preparing for the job, but it was well mixed with the funny conversations b/w Nikki and the guys. I actually liked Nikki in this episode and it was a big first for me. Hope I won't be disappointed in the future. Frankly I knew from the get go that the FBI boss was involved one way or another, what I didn't realize was the motives and by the end of the episode, when it was revealed why he sacrificed two people...well I think it was a good explanation, a pure and honest one. I still think it was wrong and inhuman, but at least he had motives other than money. Larry's story is getting more and more complex with each episode and I don't know yet how I feel about it. I really love his character and it'll be sad to lose him. The math in this episode wasn't really math. I still don't get it how Charlie did all that stuff from just 20 statements but guess that's for him to know and me never find out =) And here come my two favourite moments of the story. First- Colby&David were absolutely hilarious. I really love their friendship and how Dylan and Alimi play their characters. Nikki and the bball player interaction was also fun. Although compared to the high emotional level of the last scene with Don, the Colby&David&Nikki scene in the bar was a little bit out of place. But the best thing in this episode for me was Rom Morrow and his portrayal of Don, his emotions and his struggle. For me it was one of the best performances by RM to date. Of course the flashback to Bloom from last season was evident and Don was once again put through this kind of situation. The changings in Don's character these last two seasons are so obvious and drastic that I'm starting to think that in the series finale we'll see DOn quitting the FBI. I really hope this won't be the case though. So to sum it up-great episode with amazing acting.