Numb3rs

Greatest Hits

Aired Friday 10:00 PM May 08, 2009 on CBS

• A chain of copycat robberies

7.3
    This is only the second episode of Numb3rs I have ever watched, with the first being the time Tito Ortiz guest starred years ago. This show lured me in with Henry Winkler's (Happy Days, Arrested Development) guest appearance, but I think I will be sticking around this time, unlike when the former UFC Champion stopped by.

The show deals with dudes with badges, just like every other show on CBS, but is unique in how it incorporates mathematics (especially with the cutaway scenes with Charlie which are both intentionally and unintentionally hilarious). The show also featured a fair amount of action, granted not as much as Flashpoint or The Unit, but more than enough to hold my interest. The ending was also pretty shocking, reminiscent of the season premiere of One Tree Hill with Brookee getting attacked.

This is not my favorite show, but I think Numb3rs just gained a new viewer.
  • Whew ... talk about setting up the season finale well! Bank robberies + retired agent looking for redemption = a GREAT episode. ... this whole episode can be seen as a FORESHADOW to the season finale ...

Whew ... talk about setting up the season finale well!

Bank robberies + retired agent looking for redemption = a GREAT episode.

A familiar bank robbery brings up more questions than answers. Answers to those questions brings up even more questions. The trail of clues lead to an old face. The end of the episode leads to an horrific event.

Good episode on its own, but this whole episode can be seen as a FORESHADOW to the season finale. *spoiler*
    This episode leaves you thinking one question in your mind. A posed to Don Eppes in this episode, "What wouldn't you do for you brother?"
    *spoiler*
  • Who Knows Best??

I loved seeing Henry Winkler re-establish the character of Roger Bloom. One of the things I've been noticing is that the team is becoming more "math savvy" in learning from their favorite professor. I loved seeing the conflict within Charlie in regards to moving into in office as well as his new position. But I what I appreciated is Don recognizing that the position is what's expected of Charlie and maybe not necessarily what Charlie wants for himself. Colby's connection with Bloom was nice to see unfold especially when Colby knows what it's like being on the outside looking in. Nikki challenging Colby was a development that I think needs explored seeing he's not the first lately. Amita giving Charlie her support and her heart was touching but the final minutes hard my heart in my throat and hoping Charlie doesn't lose what's truly important.