Numb3rs

Guns and Roses

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Apr 21, 2006 on CBS

• It breaks my heart to watch Don had so many relationships with those women.He's really a Don Juan. Recently I DO have a huge crush on this guy!Help me!

Recently I DO have a huge crush on this guy!Help me!
    Rob Morrow is really brilliant, he brings lives to these charater. I can see why so many female agenices attracted by him. He is surely a charming actor that can catch your eyeball without any effort.
    But I still think that the Robin girl is not the one for him. Don need someone support him and someone really good. I just don't see these quality in the Robin girl.
    Rob Morrow I crazy about you!
  • Nice change of pace and style

SPOILERS

I welcome more of these types of episodes. Full of [inner] character development [for Don]. Some action, but alot of emotional conflict and trama suffered. I actually started to feel for Don alot.

The plot is essential find the mole episode with massive "better to have loved than lost" theme hanging over it.

The first is a good enough intro, but the middle act is filled with clever scenes that will allow you to figure out the end twist, if you pay attention to what is going on, not what is being shown!

The introduction of the missing husband provides a good but brief avenue misdirection while the major part of the conflict in this episode is shouldered by Don as he tries to come to terms with his past anad the death of somone he loved. To intensify Don's conflict a possible new liasion in the form of an AUSA provides him with more worries to deal with. Sadly she seems to be there as a one time thing. I wish theyd expand more of their private lives.

A great finale battle royale is logically setup and brings a satisfying conclusion.

Oh and as a very interesting miniscule subplot is that Larry asks Megan out in this episode - cool!
  • Review

The lack of Colby in this episode confused me a lot. I can understand them wanting to give some characters and episode or two off so that they can regain some energy, but Colby has been hands down the best action adventure agent that this show has seen in its short exsistance. Dons interactions with Robin was interesting, considering he decided to make the move right after he had the conversation with his Dad about giving a woman a shot for a change. I thought that his scenes with her were written very well, including having her ask a lot of questions about the case Don took with the woman that he used to date. Speaking of this case - it was pretty forgetable. I dont think it was one of Numbers best. Charliers math wasnt all that great and the metaphors that he used didnt make up for the neglection of math in this episode. The DNA sample that connected the FTA agent to her death was far too random for me to enjoy it. The action scene at the end was far too qiet and less choatic, which made the scene a little worse for me. The "outside the case" scenes in thsi episode were brillant, the case was lacking a little something...
  • Don in love

Ok last episode, Charlie got some action, so naturally, it's Don's turn. However, it all turns bitter when his ex-girlfriend turns up dead.

First off, the only reason I didn't rate this episode 10/10 was because there was no Colby. Now don't get me wrong, I love the Epps boys but Colby brings a lot to the show. He's a great character. At least David and Megan were there.

Don is really, really brilliant in this episode, as you would expect him to be. Every one of his emotions are explored brilliantly. The grief, the anger and the guilt are all acted out amazingly by Rob Morrow.

Awesome episode.
  • Don must deal with the death of a loved one on top of a murder investigation.

Rob Morrow is a wonderful actor, and this episode really showcases this fact. Don moves between every emotion in this episode, from happy to lustful to despair to frustration to anger and back again. Morrow pulls it off beautifully.

I like Robin Brooks as a love interest for Don, as the two have a lot of chemistry between them. Much better than Nadine (who really seemed too young for Don).

The shoot-out at the end was filmed amazingly. The lack of a musical score made it that much more jarring to watching. And it was great to see Don pull the shoot-from-under-the-car move. That was awesome and shows that second-season!Don is as smart and cunning as first-season!Don, despite what everyone thinks.
  • New Love for Don Perhaps!!

As Don's former flame dies, the ATF wants to take over the case but Don wants the case really badly as the case is very, very, personal to him.
    But sometimes the higher ups want him to back off for fear of him getting just like personal.
    There also may be a new love in Don's life as well!
  • Don's former flame is found at home, the victim of apparent suicide - or is it? The ending is even more shocking than the beginning and the entire episode will keep your eyes glued to the screen!

Every time I think the series can't possible get any better - it does! Superbly written and acted!

Don must accept a former flame's suicide...or, with Charlie's help, uncover the reason for her murder. He doesn't want to accept that his friend would kill herself even as mounting evidence is revealed that she most likely did. The statistics revealed as Charles uncovers the reason for her murder are startling and make you watch & listen closer to avoid missing any more important facts that are along the same line as the ones Charlie finds concerning government employee suicide rates. This episode, in the end, becomes as informative as it is heartwrenching.

Well done!! This is why we will keep watching!
  • An ATF agent supposedly commits suicide but calls Don a few hours before.

This episode has all the key elements on why the show is so popular. Charlie and Larry's math skills, plus police drama. Also it shows Don as we never saw him before. He was unsure and vulnerable, and a little loss. Questioning his lifestyle and past relationships. Meanwhile Charlie and Larry's discussions about DNA and its uses shows that you can use math as a starting point when trying to solve a problem. Really liked the fact that Don could talk to his dad about his ex-girlfriend's cancer and how it related to his mom's. A excellent show from start to finish.
  • an atf agent that was close to don eppes committed suicide. or did she?

i love this episode. one of the best ever. this is just purely Don-centric episode. it's what we really needed from him. this just truly show who he is and what he is. and not to mention we get to see him with somebody for a change .. it was really really really awesome!
  • I have watched almost every episode of Numb3rs...and this is the best!

Wow. There are simply no words for how great this episode was. I had such a hard time picking a classification for it. It was revealing, the character development was fantastic, the plot was awesome...it goes on and on!!!!!! Everyone must have loved this episode...I know I did!

Kas
  • An old friend of Don's who is an ATF agent is killed.

An ATF agent that is an old friend of Don's has been found dead from what looks to be a suicide.
    Don isn't sure if she killed herself, so he asks Charlie to look over the case.
    Don finds out that the woman had cancer from her husband.
    We find out that the woman called Don right before she died, but did not leave a message.

Charlie worries about Don's mental health and luck with relationships being an agent.

Charlie and Larry recreate the sounds from the night the woman died.
    Charlie believes that the woman wasn't alone in the room when she died.

As usual Larry steals the scene with his quirky ways, and ramblings.