Numb3rs

Harvest

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Jan 27, 2006 on CBS

• Interesting subject matter

7.9
    I did enjoy this episode but felt it did match the bar raised in previous installments. Subject matter was interesting enough and the actress who play Prita does succeed in pulling at your sympathy for her plight!

The plot is well constructed but I didnt feel the action stakes intensified enough throughout. Where there is a lack of action one should expect that emotional stakes to rise, but I didnt think the writers succeeded here.

The race to save Prita's sister and the other survivor is the only thing that raises this episode about a 7.

I still think the show should be making more of the maths angle (havent seen series 1or3 yet) so Im unsure as to why there is a lack of more explanation. I suspect its to ensure that viewers dont get switched off! Personally I like the maths more than alot of the other elements - it is the real power behind this show.

If you however, dont like the maths, dont mind the at times slower pace and do connect with the subject matter Im sure that this will be a near 9 pointer.

Still a good episode, but hit and miss as to whether you will like it or not!
ION