Numb3rs

Provenance

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Oct 06, 2006 on CBS

• Nazis, art, ninjas, high-tech theft ... oh my

In Provenance we see the usual Numb3rs that we love and trust, the opening seen was great, there was quite a bit of action, non-lethal force and some high-tech art theft.

We also get to learn a little more about Don, apparently he at one time had a French girlfriend, and something else interesting to learn is that he speaks some French.

I like the plot of this episode, mainly because it doesn’t let us forget the injustices against the Jewish people and truly to all of us, whether us or someone we know was part of that period of history we were all hurt by it. May it never be forgotten.

The final twist of the episode was great and leaves you feeling good, the foresight of the original owner of the painting drives him to make a forgery of it before the Nazis come to steal it, and finally after years of gathering dust it is finally found on an old police vault; the painting returns to its original owners with a sense of closure that is well deserved.

Memorable quote “I renounce to all worldly cares for the more sublime pursuits” … Larry.